Widescreen gone WRONG

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Still not sorted. I tweeted them but no reply .... Not good enough. Understand teething problems but not this long.

PJ.

Sent from my Nokia 3210 using Snake.

After two years of watching IW, (very occasionally) at long last,the presenters are no longer short, squat individuals but are now 'normal' sized, thanks to their changing to 16.9.

The repetitive "Pick of the Day" hasn't improved though which is one reason I rarely watch the channel.

Working fine for me...maybe your TV setup?

Still not sorted. I tweeted them but no reply .... Not good enough. Understand teething problems but not this long.

PJ.

I don't watch IW much so read this and switched over to them. I'm viewing via virgin. Been fiddling with my tvs picture settings, and it appears that unless tv is set to 4:3 all i get on auto and 16:9 appears to be the equivalent of 14:9.
Tall and thin for me, just needs that little bit stretching out to 16:9. Its very off putting to watch though!

But it does work fine

Depends on how you define working fine. Yes if you fiddle with your TV or Sky box you can show the channel in the correct aspect ratio but a channel that is 16:9 should show as that with your TV set to auto, without having to fiddle. So to me IMHO it isn't working as intended.

In their defence though it is a better solution for those who have 4:3 televisions who get their graphics cut off on channels like QVC.

PJ.

It's fine on Virgin but on Sky/Freesat it is still being received as 4:3. If your box is set to automatically stretch 4:3 to 16:9 then you'll see it in its right ratio, but if not you get the picture squished up into a square in the middle of the screen. I can't even change the ratio setting on my Freesat box, so the only way to view Ideal in widescreen is to turn the TV off and then change the channel to IW. Somehow that tricks it into showing in widescreen. If I then change the channel and go back to IW it'll go back to squished 4:3.

They really need to sort this out.

Latest posts

Back