Why.....

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

fredab

Registered Shopper
Sitting at work with nowt to do thought I would browse whats on PVC over the next couple of days.

Why do they give their shows different names but are selling the same old sh*te. FOr instance next Monday the TSV is sweet dreams (more bedding!) and during the day they have various shows "prepare the guest room", "refresh your bedroom" (get out air freshener) and the last show of the day is sweet dreams.

And part of their early bird christmas shopping saturday they have bedding gifts for Christmas. Can't wait to get my friends some northern shites sheets/pillow cases etc. Sure they will be delighted!

I was thinking the same thing, who would give bedding as a gift for Christmas, weddings - yes, new home - yes, Christmas - No! Doesnt make sense to me, but maybe people do do this! :confused:

:grin:

have thought that often about the show names. How much flipping bedding do they think people want to buy? Surely they have totally pants statistics on returns for most of it. I remember the drama of NN flannel fluff!!

Sitting at work with nowt to do thought I would browse whats on PVC over the next couple of days.

Why do they give their shows different names but are selling the same old sh*te. FOr instance next Monday the TSV is sweet dreams (more bedding!) and during the day they have various shows "prepare the guest room", "refresh your bedroom" (get out air freshener) and the last show of the day is sweet dreams.

And part of their early bird christmas shopping saturday they have bedding gifts for Christmas. Can't wait to get my friends some northern shites sheets/pillow cases etc. Sure they will be delighted!

Oh yais. My 'Guest Room'. If I was to prepare it I should have to do more than buy a 600TC set of sheets waft them gently on to the bed. I know of not one single other person in my life who has a 'guest room'. I have a 'spare room' with a manky old single bed in, a carpet that should be condemned like a Victorian slum and a little chest o'drawers that has anything that I couldn't for shame put out in the rest of the house stuffed into it. If a guest was to ever sleep in there they would have to go into quarantine for 6 months afterwards.

Oh yais. My 'Guest Room'. If I was to prepare it I should have to do more than buy a 600TC set of sheets waft them gently on to the bed. I know of not one single other person in my life who has a 'guest room'. I have a 'spare room' with a manky old single bed in, a carpet that should be condemned like a Victorian slum and a little chest o'drawers that has anything that I couldn't for shame put out in the rest of the house stuffed into it. If a guest was to ever sleep in there they would have to go into quarantine for 6 months afterwards.

wot, you mean you don't have a guest suite with superking bed complete with feather bed, memory foam topper and eagle down pillows at £200 each, all swathed in dobby-weave 12000 count 100% pure non-wash, non-iron cotton ? Or a luxury bathroom stocked with Elemis bath milk (40 quid bottle, for display only) and L'Occitane soaps.

wot, you mean you don't have a guest suite with superking bed complete with feather bed, memory foam topper and eagle down pillows at £200 each, all swathed in dobby-weave 12000 count 100% pure non-wash, non-iron cotton ? Or a luxury bathroom stocked with Elemis bath milk (40 quid bottle, for display only) and L'Occitane soaps.

Your guest facilities would be very fragrant but your visitors would start to acquire an odour - they'd never go home.

Oh. Yais. *coughs* of COURSE. I mean I have all those things in the guest room that I forgot to mention in my second home (it's in a little village just orf the Kingston by-pass). When people come to stay they are not allowed to either sleep on the feather bed/duvet or go into the bathroom to use the products - they're like Mrs Merton's Wet Wipes (only for show). Neither are they allowed to 'do toilets' in there (which for any viewers of Loose Women rules out having Tim Healy and Denise Welch to stay - something which fills me with an inate sense of joy).

I was thinking the same thing, who would give bedding as a gift for Christmas, weddings - yes, new home - yes, Christmas - No! Doesnt make sense to me, but maybe people do do this! :confused:

I have a supply waiting for teacher presents, didn't you know? :devil:

I think bedding is an excellent idea to give friends over christmas. :nod:

Great gifts for Secret Santa's, my Kelly Hoppen 'Try Me' stash is ready for those!

Ordered a NN 2" Gusset Baffle Channel Featherbed with Side Handles for the actual plumber, a couple of literal Animal Print Satin 6 Piece Duvet Sets as 'standby presents' (the satin feel will get them stroking this like crazy in true presenter style!) and a dotty, dobby, daisy duvet set for the nice actual parcel lady.

:happy:

I can just imagine my pals responses to a set of bedding for christmas....

oh...eh...thanks.....Kelly Hoppen you say.....taupe wide stripe.....700 thread count...oh my!

all the while thinking, wheres my bottle of wine your be-atch and my foot long toblerone!!

I can just imagine my pals responses to a set of bedding for christmas....

oh...eh...thanks.....Kelly Hoppen you say.....taupe wide stripe.....700 thread count...oh my!

all the while thinking, wheres my bottle of wine your be-atch and my foot long toblerone!!

Though taupe stripe sheets would be great for granddad and his little "accidents" in the night.

Though he'd need about 20 sets... :doh:

Its not just bedding either; I dont know how much you lot spend on 'friends' at Christmas, but my friends certainly dont get £40 pieces of jewellery, or £70 handbags from me I'm afraid. My best mate would have £25 spent on her tops, and the rest between £10 - £15. I gulp when these presenters start suggesting their products for friends at the prices being offered - OR IS IT JUST ME ?????

Its not just bedding either; I dont know how much you lot spend on 'friends' at Christmas, but my friends certainly dont get £40 pieces of jewellery, or £70 handbags from me I'm afraid. My best mate would have £25 spent on her tops, and the rest between £10 - £15. I gulp when these presenters start suggesting their products for friends at the prices being offered - OR IS IT JUST ME ?????

Nope: I'd father get family and friends something that I know they'd really like, without having to go overboard on cost - like many others, I'm not having a payrise for the forseeable future.

And most people I know would rather I kept a roof over my head and didn't starve just to get them tat off the telly.

Latest posts

Back