top 5 rules whilst presenting luxury bedding...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I have a quilted mattress cover. (I've always, always covered every mattress in the house), then I have a memory foam topper covered with a down on top feather bed and then a thinner cover to protect that.

The worst thing I ever did was buy the feather bed. I have posted on here about it before. Oh yes, the first night is bliss but subsequently it moves over to one side till it gets to the point that most of it is hanging down to the floor. I sleep along so maybe that is the reason. I know you may say that I should adjust it each morning and shake it but it weighs a bloddy ton and I have a heart condition anyway.

I refuse to sleep on feather pillows because I associate them with lumps. I have slept on Dunlop Serenity pillows since the mid 70's and always replace with same. They are just SOOOOO soft.

Maybe if I had a partner again who could help me make the bed and evened out the movement on the mattress in the night then things would be better but as it is, it is a nightmare.

Yes GG, I too sleep alone and have the same problem. The feather topping, despite almost nailing it to the mattress, slides to the side and I find myself literally 'slipping' out of bed !

Thanks for all the "hot" or "not" comments, serious decision will be made shortly as the feather topper could be hitting the highway !!!!!

I have a large water bed, and slept on that "as it was" for a few months after buying it, but it wasn't quite right for me. I then bought a feather topper from QVC. I think it is pocketed or channeled, so I don't have to shake it. This gives me the best of both worlds eg the advantages of a water bed but with a thick layer between me and the vinyl mattress.

I've slept in a genuine Tempur bed and it took a lot of getting used to. It seemed VERY firm, and it DID make me hot.

Water beds these days have various amounts of damping (no pun intended LOL).

This stops the motion to a greater or lesser extent, but still leaves the main advantages of a water bed ie it moulds itself completely to your shape so there is no pressure on any part of your body, and are at a constant temperature which you select to suit yourself. They feel warm in winter, and cool in summer (mine is set to 22C, the default is 25C).

I chose a medium amount of damping, but loved the motion and wished I'd had less damping and more motion. On the other hand, I have never been seasick, despite being on a Navy ship in the Bay Of Biscay during a hurricane, and lots of small boating experience.

Water beds these days have various amounts of damping (no pun intended LOL).

This stops the motion to a greater or lesser extent, but still leaves the main advantages of a water bed ie it moulds itself completely to your shape so there is no pressure on any part of your body, and are at a constant temperature which you select to suit yourself. They feel warm in winter, and cool in summer (mine is set to 22C, the default is 25C).

I chose a medium amount of damping, but loved the motion and wished I'd had less damping and more motion. On the other hand, I have never been seasick, despite being on a Navy ship in the Bay Of Biscay during a hurricane, and lots of small boating experience.

hello sailor! :hi::hi:

ooh I would LOVE to try a water-bed! That's in spite of not liking water in large amounts, like swimming pools, or oceans! I can sleep easier in a car, on a bus, whatever, so the motion helps I think. Mind you, for those who go this far back, I would probably end up like Harold Steptoe, forget how it actually happened, but he ended up INSIDE the water-bed of course!

I don't know the link, but there are videos on YouTube of a setup in a bed shop.

They had a "bed" that was actually a tank of water in disguise. They covered it with a thin sheet of polystyrene then put a sheet on top.

Customers were invited to try the "waterbed" and, of course, ended up actually in the water.

If you search on YouTube (I haven't got time at the moment) you should find it, then perhaps you can post it on here (probably try "waterbed spoof" or similar).

thanks for that! Rather think I've seen the first one before - many years ago on Candid Camera or something similar - still funny but glad it wasn't me!

Maybe if I had a partner again who could help me make the bed and evened out the movement on the mattress in the night then things would be better but as it is, it is a nightmare.

If I had that option again problem will be solved as I would permanently sleep on HIM LOLOL

Thanks all for your FB. Im going to trash Northern nights and go for Polar memory foam I would really be interested in FB from a person who has a complete Matress (polar foam) I read one lady had a deep matress... sounds good, as it makes it easier to get out of bed, rather than rolling out of bed and licking carpet LOL

Does anyone have a complete polar foam matress, if so, where from? Ive seen lots for sale on bid/price-drop tv.
thanks all!

Latest posts

Back