Why will QVC not answer a simple question about Breast Cancer Care night?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I spoke to someone at CS today, who seemed to think it was either on the 11th or 12th of October.

First they don't know, then they say the 8th and now the 11th or 12th. I am starting to think QVC are just trying to put us all off the scent :rolleyes:

Last edited:
It's all very weird - usually at this time of year we're all trying to find items, this year we can't even discover the date!

Maybe QVC are just trying to throw us off the scent

- well all except FA, well donelol

On the QVC weekly guide 6th to 12 October is still blank apart from 6th, but 13th to 19th is now complete. Come on QVC make up your minds!

They haven't even got the 6th right either ! There is a Honora TSV on the 6th which they have forgot about.

Contact with CS

They haven't even got the 6th right either ! There is a Honora TSV on the 6th which they have forgot about.

Hi,
I emailed CS earlier to find out what is going on with the Honora TSV that was supposed to be on the 6th Oct. and why the weekly TV guide for the 7th to the 12th is blank. While I was on, I asked them to clarify the situation about BCC night and their support/ non-support for this charity. No reply as yet, but if I get a reply, I will post it on here - fingers crossed!
:rolleyes::rolleyes:

According to Digiguide BCC on 8 Oct at 6pm-9pm

I have just checked my Digiguide TV listings & it shows the Breast Cancer Care event is starting at 18.00 - 21.00 on Wednesday 8 October.
I will be away on holiday until 14 Oct, so I really hope I can find out some item numbers in advance, please.
:33:

Hi SCW,
I think it's early too. Doesn't it usually start about 8?
I'll have to see if I can find myself an internet cafe to sign in while I'm away, though I don't think I'll be paying for 3 hours!!

6pm is too early, lot of people don't get home from work till well after 6.

The QVC website FINALLY has the TV listings for 8th October up & they have BCC event scheduled for 6-9 as well. I agree that's earlier than usual, but in previous years they had to tie in with the times for the live fashion show which obviously won't be an issue with them doing it a week later. It's a pity as 6 seems too early to me too.

Very disappointing.........they can't go live to the event as it is a week later, bad day for a lot of people and having it as earlier as 6pm is too early. :(

I am really disappointed, it's usually such good fun but 6pm is too early to be able to enjoy it. I know that for me it's right on little ones bath and bed time so I will miss most of it. :mad::mad:

Well at least they are still doing the show and supporting breast cancer again!!!!

QUOTE=Andamooka;61235]But CS have said that the night is going ahead.[/QUOTE]

Yes, they have now, but when I contacted them I got this:

Dear Sue,

Thank you for contacting QVC UK.

At the moment we do not know if we will be having a BCC night or what date
this will be, you can keep check on this on our webpage.

If we can provide any other assistance, please do not hesitate to contact
QVC UK.

Thank you for e-Mailing QVC UK.

Regards,

Natalie.
QVC UK Webmaster Team.

That was on 31/8. The post of mine you quote was made on 9/9, it was 10/9 before we had an indication of when it would be.

The date they have chosen will certainly offend their many Jewish customers who will be with their families, eating and preparing for their fast. Yom Kippur which starts at sundown on 8/8 is one of the most important, if not the most important day in the Jewish calendar and I'm astounded that QVC could be so thoughtless.

Looks like they haven't given much thought to the many cusomers who will still be travelling home from work or settling their children for the night either, with the start time of 6pm.

BCC is one of the few charities I support wholeheartedly, having had this dreadful disease myself and I think QVC's support this year is less than enthusiastic.

The truth is that QVC would rather blow their own trumpet than incorporate a few hours into Founders Day dedicated to something that will affect most of their customers during their lifetimes, whether directly or indirectly.:mad:

Is Founders' Day one of the days when they do free p&p?

Expect it would be to much for them to do half price items AND free p& p too.

Latest posts

Back