Why Oh Why do I change skincare!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I have just seen this thread and wanted to ask if anyone has had a reaction to liz earle cleanse and polish or skin repair? I have used both at the same time, my skin suffered with bumps and breakouts so I stopped using cleanse and polish and continued with skin repair, but no change, I don't know whether to try the cleanse and polish again and use a different moisturiser, or just give up with the range, I am in the menopause so that's not helping the situation, just wondered if anyone else had problems with Liz Earle?

I love C&P but as soon as I use it now I get sores on my face, they start off as red spots but actually turn into sores. I have given it a rest and tried again but they last so long its just not worth it. I used several bottles previously with no problem so I dont know if it is just this one bottle I have been using but it definitely disagrees with me.

Bet

I love C&P but as soon as I use it now I get sores on my face, they start off as red spots but actually turn into sores. I have given it a rest and tried again but they last so long its just not worth it. I used several bottles previously with no problem so I dont know if it is just this one bottle I have been using but it definitely disagrees with me.

Bet

Didn't they remove the Almond Milk and replace it with something else? maybe that is what's affecting you. I've never been able to use it - which is a shame as I love the texture and smell.

I have just seen this thread and wanted to ask if anyone has had a reaction to liz earle cleanse and polish or skin repair? I have used both at the same time, my skin suffered with bumps and breakouts so I stopped using cleanse and polish and continued with skin repair, but no change, I don't know whether to try the cleanse and polish again and use a different moisturiser, or just give up with the range, I am in the menopause so that's not helping the situation, just wondered if anyone else had problems with Liz Earle?

Yes! There are quite a few of us. I have rosacea (although it was only diagnosed last year) and C&P has always brought me out in big red lumps. I've tried it a few times over the years, thinking well maybe it's just getting the gunk out of my skin / my skin having a hormonal breakout, but no, each time it turned my clear skin into a horrible mess. Skin Repair gives me lumps and bumps as well.

I can use Superskin Moisturiser and the oil but find that that moisturiser can make me a 'lumpy' at times too (although nowhere near as bad as the regular ones). Only downside to SSM is it can stink!

thanks cupcake and betlynch, I really wanted to find a range and stick with it, seems like it's not going to be Liz Earle, do you have any problems with the rest of the range cupcake and Bet? Before LE I was using Gatineau and found Melatogenine too rich for combination skin, I have a new pot of Decleor Hydra Floral that I can patch test today and start using perhaps tomorrow or Sunday, but I will need to get a cleanser and a toner, QVC used to sell the big 400ml sizes of Decleor Cleanser and Toner but they don't seem to have them at the moment.

I had a year long break from Cleanse and polish and used The organic pharmacy carrot cleanser ( imo v. good product) Money was tight over christmas so went back to c&p and hey presto a face full of v. stubborn spots. Not impressed, have the ingredients changed? Gone back to my old cleanser. I used to champion Liz Earle products. Not anymor.

thanks cupcake and betlynch, I really wanted to find a range and stick with it, seems like it's not going to be Liz Earle, do you have any problems with the rest of the range cupcake and Bet? .

Yes - I can't use the face masks and exfoliator but am fine with the eyebright, eye serum / cream and hand/body products. I really like the skin tonic but I've noticed my skin goes a bit blotchy when I use it so am leaving that off at the moment and will try it again at some stage to make sure it is that and not something else.

Wow I have used a number of LE products in the past but they never became favourites. Never any problems though.

Have any of you told LE customer services of the problems because under the ethos of the company they should be interested in feedback like this?

i also have problems with cleanse & polish i get red patches and spots and my skin gets reactive. i now use a'kin rose & geranium and i no longer get any skin problems it is also better value as you get 225ml for £12.99 and they also do special offers at mypure. i also have problems with elemis cleanser as well. i think some of the ingridients changed in cleanse & polish. i also find the eucalyptus in cleanse and polish very strong

a really gentle alternative to c&p is the ad synergy cleanser. it is very gentle and lasts for ages. i was quite in favour of c&p, but got bored and convinced myself it was not anti-aging or deep cleansing enough...i then switched to elemis, then to ad synergy, then to a couple of non qvc brands, then to trilogy (similar to a'kin) and now i have gone back to elemis (just decided to do so after NOT buying the £19 bottles - obviously i WANT to give QVC as much money as possible).

The reason i have listed all the products I was using it just to say that I started suffering from acne, partly hormonal, partly product based, I think. I can therefore sympathise with everyone who has skin problems and totally understand the love of looking at new products and trying them out...I am now supposed to be trialing a cleanser for the beauty bible but it is bringing out spots again so i am thinking i may switch back to Elemis!

thanks cupcake and betlynch, I really wanted to find a range and stick with it, seems like it's not going to be Liz Earle, do you have any problems with the rest of the range cupcake and Bet? Before LE I was using Gatineau and found Melatogenine too rich for combination skin, I have a new pot of Decleor Hydra Floral that I can patch test today and start using perhaps tomorrow or Sunday, but I will need to get a cleanser and a toner, QVC used to sell the big 400ml sizes of Decleor Cleanser and Toner but they don't seem to have them at the moment.

I use the Skin Repair and the oil and even the toner with no problem Madge. Havent dared try any of the other stuff in case it aggrevates the problem.

For cleaning I have gone back to some high street wipes, cant remember the name off hand but they are a Norweigan formula and very gentle and moisturising. I am sure I am confusing my skin by swapping from one thing to another.

Bet

Latest posts

Back