Why no black ladies on QVC?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I thought that even the word ladies was non-pc these days, and women was the preferred term, what do you ladies/girls/women think?

Hate hearing grown women being called girls at work 'I'll ask one of the girls to have a look at that for you'...you never hear grown men referred to as boys in a professional setting. But then many women encourage it 'I like being called a girl, it makes me feel young giggle giggle'. So annoying.

Hate hearing grown women being called girls at work 'I'll ask one of the girls to have a look at that for you'...you never hear grown men referred to as boys in a professional setting. But then many women encourage it 'I like being called a girl, it makes me feel young giggle giggle'. So annoying.

Assuming you dont like ladies either, and why should you? What would you prefer? "women"?

"I'll ask one of the women to do that" - very Prisoner Cell Block H

How about "I'll get one of my operatives" that ok darling?

I have heard boys/lads/fellas being used, but maybe that's an Irish thing. If possible I like a person to be addressed by name. Just because it may be a large workforce doesn't make the employees drones.

Lifes too short to worry over what someone calls me (within reason). As long as it's not said in a rude way, why worry? I often say 'I am having a night out with the girls', or 'some of the ladies from work' and even 'I like that womans hair.' I really can't see a problem with any of them.

Assuming you dont like ladies either, and why should you? What would you prefer? "women"?

"I'll ask one of the women to do that" - very Prisoner Cell Block H

How about "I'll get one of my operatives" that ok darling?

'i'll ask one of my colleagues', would be more appropriate for example.

I'm nearly 40 and I get called girl quite often which I probably prefer more than lady or woman I don't like 'lady' makes me sound prim and proper and reminds me of Little Britain, Woman just doesn't sound right - I guess its a term that won't please everyone, Colleague is probably the most PC.

When I at the office I usually just say "one of my bitches will make you a cuppa" no one old object to that surely?

Actually, what I find difficult is what to call my "girlfriends" if I am talking about them (or introduce them to someone), when we are all at bus pass age (and the same for them with the word "boyfriend").

Womanfriend definitely sounds wrong!

I absolutely loathe the word "Partner" - even married couples are at it now !

What happened to 'fiancee', boyfriend, girlfriend, husband, wife. Before 'my fella' passed away, thats what I referred to him as... my fella - he was NOT my business partner, or dance partner, or any other bl....dy partner, he was MY chap, fella, man - he was MY TONY !!!!!!

Actually, what I find difficult is what to call my "girlfriends" if I am talking about them (or introduce them to someone), when we are all at bus pass age (and the same for them with the word "boyfriend").

Womanfriend definitely sounds wrong!

Well I would just say 'friend' and leave it for the other party to ponder your relationship with them (which afterall you're not obliged to have to declare to every Tom Dick and Harry). If it's important the nature of the relationship is made clear than I'd go with 'partner'.

Latest posts

Back