why don't we get t callers like this one.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

No, never heard a Randy on air. I do think though that some t-callers are real banana skins for the presenters. There are the ones who buy all the bling that they enjoy whilst home alone because they don't get out much. Or they can't wear birkis but they love the designs so much that they buy them to put in the porch so the neighbours can see them.

But I like the ones who start out all innocence and praise and lull the presenter and guest into a warm bath comfort zone before pouncing with 'can I ask Fred (or Bill or Jane) a question please?' Yes of course you can. 'Well I've got your leopard print watch and the design has peeled off the strap' or 'I've got the sequin cardi and it shrank in the wash although it did say machine washable' or 'I bought the two piece top and trouser set but the trousers have worn out in the actual bum area - can I buy an extra pair?' Cue rictus smiles on presenter and guest, lots of waffling and stammering which finally ends with 'stay on the line and talk to our pesky t-caller troubleshooter in the gallery who will try and sort you out.' Yeah I bet.

But I like the ones who start out all innocence and praise and lull the presenter and guest into a warm bath comfort zone before pouncing with 'can I ask Fred (or Bill or Jane) a question please?' Yes of course you can. 'Well I've got your leopard print watch and the design has peeled off the strap' or 'I've got the sequin cardi and it shrank in the wash although it did say machine washable' or 'I bought the two piece top and trouser set but the trousers have worn out in the actual bum area - can I buy an extra pair?' Cue rictus smiles on presenter and guest, lots of waffling and stammering which finally ends with 'stay on the line and talk to our pesky t-caller troubleshooter in the gallery who will try and sort you out.' Yeah I bet.
I love this too, ages and ages ago in my early days of QVC a woman called in to Alison Young and berated her for her loudness and bossiness, it was fab, sometimes I wonderif the gallery put the critical ones through on purpose to liven up a dull evening at work. I know I would be tempted!

Last edited:
I would love someone to ring in in a beauty hour, gush like crazy and put as many "actual"s and "literal"s and "used by celebrities" in as possible, so we know it's one of us!!!

"I'm literally calling because I use the actual Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish and it's, literally, just actually fantastic and used by Lily Allen and lots of literal celebrities.." etc etc

I always wanted to ring a fashion show when JR was on it and then after chatting just casually ask JR what size she was wearing then say innocently "Oh but you could probably do with going a size up, they are a bit snug aren't they?"

Latest posts

Back