Why does ...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Snarly

Registered Shopper
AlisonK wear a black glove-type covering on her right arm? tia TooNosySnarly

I think its to do with the way chemo left her arm, think it gives it support.

Her right arm is often quite swollen I've noticed and she has said before that her right wrist is now larger than her left. I would imagine its to do with the swelling but I don't really know.

It's a lymphoedema compression sleeve. It's all to do with removal of lymph nodes in relation to the cancer and potential complications from the body not being able to get fluid around and out of the body. I have flesh coloured ones.

She has lymphoedema.
As others were faster to post :grin:

Last edited:
AlisonK wear a black glove-type covering on her right arm? tia TooNosySnarly

The restriction the band makes helps with lymphodema. It's excessive swelling caused by fluid retention in the lymph nodes following cancer treatment. Not uncommon in breast cancer sufferers.

It's a lymphoedema compression sleeve. It's all to do with removal of lymph nodes in relation to the cancer and potential complications from the body not being able to get fluid around and out of the body. I have flesh coloured ones.

My mum's cousins has flesh coloured ones, she has been badly affected by lymphoedema.

Thank you everyone for your responses and for the link. Now I know :heart: WiserSnarly

What's happened to Alisons' hand?

Sorry if this has been mentioned already, but does anyone know what has happened to Alison Keenans' right hand?:mysmilie_506:

Ali posted this on Twitter:

Hi there folks! Forgive my huge arm - Lymphodema playing up - thank heavens for nina Leonard dress with stretch sleeves!! X

She isn't my favourite, that's no secret. But I celebrate AK carrying on "as normal" despite adversity and ill health. A fine example.

Poor thing looks like she can barely use that arm atm , Gd on her for still making the effort to come to work , must be tough coz i guess she wont be able to drive atm.

this is what I love about this forum: you learn so much,
thank you for that info, never knew something like that existed, but have seen the sleeves and always wondered what it was

Latest posts

Back