Why do some QVC presenters plead for T callers.....

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Jasper

Registered Shopper
Then as soon as someone calls in, they speak to them in a really patronising way, and seem uninterested in what the T caller is saying?

The production are no doubt screaming in the ear piece get someone who has bought from us. Then they realize its the creeping dead/stalkers phoning in as usual, and try to get them off as quick as poss. Perhaps they think there is some sort of intelligent life out there watching QVC who might actually phone in.:25:

The perfect T-caller...'Hi, Julia/ Charlie/ Dale/ Claudia etc...I just love you, you are my favourite presenter. Yes, I buy from QVC all the time, prices are so good due to the buying power of QVC, quality is superb...I have never returned anything, and I would highly recommend them to everyone...I know you're busy so I'll go now...Love you all!'.

The normal T-caller...'Hiya...it's me, we spoke last week. (long pause while presenter looks into space)...remember we spoke about my operation that I had last year?. I just wanted to phone to say I'm not feeling any better...I'm still suffering from lumbago, but mustn't grumble. (Another long pause while presenter fills talking, asking if Ethol/ Clara/ Doris/ Jeannie would recommend QVC to her friends)...well all my friends always comment on my clothes/ jewellery/ Thomas Kinkade. They say 'Where on earth did you get that?'..anyway I thought I'd phone you as I haven't received the signed picture of Charlie that he promised me, he's my favourite, not you...but I couldn't get through when he was on even though I phoned ten times...when is he coming back on?.....blah, blah, blah, blah, rhubarb, rhubarb, rhubarb'

Personally I can do without both types, can't see the point. Wouldn't it be great if they got a load of spoof callers :D

Why do some QVC presenters plead for T callers.....

to fill time/to pretend they care about each customer

"come through for a chat" :e016:

Pointless, as soon as they do 'come through' they can't wait to get rid of them

Now IW could do with T callers like never before but they don't have them any more :confused: They could "come through and chat" for half an hour and still have way too much time to spend on the one and only product :rolleyes:

Occasionally they get a 'live one' come through, (usually American or something) & then the presenters seem to perk up a bit given the chance to converse, albeit briefly, with a seemingly normal person?
I think maybe Americans are more relaxed about phoning into live TV programmes & such, whereas the English are far more reserved, so they only ever get mad old Ethel from Hull ringing up?

Brill!

That is so true Huggles! Brill

I wonder if any of those so called perfect T callers are actually QVC employees!
It must be soooo tempting.

Thank you all for enlightening me. I suppose it is more a case of, why would any normal person want to call into QVC as a T Caller.

The production are no doubt screaming in the ear piece get someone who has bought from us. Then they realize its the creeping dead/stalkers phoning in as usual, and try to get them off as quick as poss. Perhaps they think there is some sort of intelligent life out there watching QVC who might actually phone in.:25:
LOL! That explains a lot. So that is why certain QVC presenters, go from practically begging on their knees for T callers, to not giving a t*ss, when they get a call.

im rather embaressed to admit i did it once!!!i was on the phone ordering something from laura geller and they sometimes say do you want to speak to the presenter lol so i said yeah ok thinking it was a load of s**t and then this bloke says im the sound man can you here whats going on, and turn you tv sound off!!then all i could hear was cathrine huntly going on about something and laura geller in the background i was quite shocked and didnt know what to say, i thaught oh crap should i put the phone down but they knew who i was, so i said that i really liked lauras make up and wore some of it on my wedding day and went preety quickly!needless to say i wont be doing that again and order by q cut or online ALWAYS now.oh i am sad i know, i wish ide told cathrine huntly to get a life!

The perfect T-caller...'Hi, Julia/ Charlie/ Dale/ Claudia etc...I just love you, you are my favourite presenter. Yes, I buy from QVC all the time, prices are so good due to the buying power of QVC, quality is superb...I have never returned anything, and I would highly recommend them to everyone...I know you're busy so I'll go now...Love you all!'.

The normal T-caller...'Hiya...it's me, we spoke last week. (long pause while presenter looks into space)...remember we spoke about my operation that I had last year?. I just wanted to phone to say I'm not feeling any better...I'm still suffering from lumbago, but mustn't grumble. (Another long pause while presenter fills talking, asking if Ethol/ Clara/ Doris/ Jeannie would recommend QVC to her friends)...well all my friends always comment on my clothes/ jewellery/ Thomas Kinkade. They say 'Where on earth did you get that?'..anyway I thought I'd phone you as I haven't received the signed picture of Charlie that he promised me, he's my favourite, not you...but I couldn't get through when he was on even though I phoned ten times...when is he coming back on?.....blah, blah, blah, blah, rhubarb, rhubarb, rhubarb'

Personally I can do without both types, can't see the point. Wouldn't it be great if they got a load of spoof callers :D
Speaking about lumbago probably is not glamorous enough for QVC presenters.

It is funny how some T callers expect the QVC presenters to know who they are, just because they called in 6 months ago. 'It Ethel remember me, I spoke to you before about my son, whose having terrible trouble with flatulence'.

It would be funny if they got spoof calls, but it is near on impossible, as they take the customer details of potential T callers, and give them a quick briefing, before they put them through to the studio.

Occasionally they get a 'live one' come through, (usually American or something) & then the presenters seem to perk up a bit given the chance to converse, albeit briefly, with a seemingly normal person?
I think maybe Americans are more relaxed about phoning into live TV programmes & such, whereas the English are far more reserved, so they only ever get mad old Ethel from Hull ringing up?

I was a t-caller once - a few years ago now. I spoke to Ann Dawson and Suzi B - Ann was very nice, asked questions of me, allowed me to answer and chatted very nicely. When I rang up I was put though to the gallery - and someone there spoke to me for a few minutes and asked me what I wanted to speak about and general questions like that, I suppose to see if I could cope with being on live.
I expect they do this with everybody - I was OK because I've done some radio stuff, but some people might be very, very nervous and when they actually go on air get very self conscious and forget what they were going to say and end up falling into small-talk. Or some people change there minds, I suppose, about what they want to discuss.
I should say I nearly did it again - and that was bizarre because I was at Harrods, ordering some pre-orders from a Diamonique Day and using a mobile belonging to a QVC worker! I thought I'd better not do that on their phone!

By the way I am not mad, old, called Ethel, or from Hull!

im rather embaressed to admit i did it once!!!i was on the phone ordering something from laura geller and they sometimes say do you want to speak to the presenter lol so i said yeah ok thinking it was a load of s**t and then this bloke says im the sound man can you here whats going on, and turn you tv sound off!!then all i could hear was cathrine huntly going on about something and laura geller in the background i was quite shocked and didnt know what to say, i thaught oh crap should i put the phone down but they knew who i was, so i said that i really liked lauras make up and wore some of it on my wedding day and went preety quickly!needless to say i wont be doing that again and order by q cut or online ALWAYS now.oh i am sad i know, i wish ide told cathrine huntly to get a life!

Your so brave i would of made a right pigs ear of conversation lol

"come through for a chat" :e016:

Pointless, as soon as they do 'come through' they can't wait to get rid of them

Now IW could do with T callers like never before but they don't have them any more :confused: They could "come through and chat" for half an hour and still have way too much time to spend on the one and only product :rolleyes:
LOL! QVC cannot wait to get rid of T callers, while Ideal World would speak to T callers for the full hour if they could, and have them co-presenting.

I honestly thought all the phone calls were faked.

They often say something like "so and so from Tipton" and then the person who speaks doesn't have anything like the accent from the place they are allegedly calling from - or the accent sounds staged.
As they witter on about nothing in particular, I was convinced the callers were out of work actors lol!

They often say something like "so and so from Tipton" and then the person who speaks doesn't have anything like the accent from the place they are allegedly calling from - or the accent sounds staged.
As they witter on about nothing in particular, I was convinced the callers were out of work actors lol!

I'm real enough!
I think if they'd been out of work actors they might have been better at it than me!

True but live 5 min away from tipton and dont have that accent but know what you mean lol

Latest posts

Back