Why are QVC showing repeats?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

A little bit of snow and London comes to a standstill ! We get it far worse up here, still get into work and don't complain either.

Southern softies! (only joking).

Seriously though, someone on the radio news mentioned people were showing community spirit by helping people like in the Blitz. The Blitz? It's a few inches of snow for god's sake.

I hardly think working for QVC warrants fighting your way through this weather and don't blame any of them for staying home. Much safer for everyone if those who can't get in easily keep off the roads.

Same thing on This Morning - their website isn't up to date because the guy who runs it is stuck at home in the snow. They showed a photo of him in his garden and his girlfriend, who also works for the show, doing snow angels.

Lovely Lorraine Kelly walked into GMTV this morning, but she says she only lives half an hour's walk away.

Southern softies! (only joking).

Lol I agree we are soft :)

Seriously though I barely remember the roads being this bad. Usually the main roads are clear enough to manage but they are not this time. No buses running at all which shows you how bad the roads are. On foot is the only sensible option unless you have 4x4

I hardly think working for QVC warrants fighting your way through this weather and don't blame any of them for staying home. Much safer for everyone if those who can't get in easily keep off the roads.

Same thing on This Morning - their website isn't up to date because the guy who runs it is stuck at home in the snow. They showed a photo of him in his garden and his girlfriend, who also works for the show, doing snow angels.

Lovely Lorraine Kelly walked into GMTV this morning, but she says she only lives half an hour's walk away.

Obviously no-one should risk their safety to do anything (other than an absolute emergency). Perhaps those of us in the North and Midlands are a bit sensitive about the London/South East centric reporting of these things. When the North cops it, it makes, what, a 30 second news report, if London gets snow - then it's wall-to-wall. It's clearly a lot worse down there than we imagined, but so often half an inch of snow in London makes more news than three feet in the North - hence the cynicism. Please forgive us!

Last edited:
At this rate, poor Debbie Greenwood will be hoarse by the end of the night. I hope she gets a bonus for taking on everyone else's slots and swatting up quickly on the goods.

Does everybody think QVC is put together by the presenters? Maybe it's the camera crews, the production staff, the set dressers, the floor managers etc who can't make it in, either...surely you don't think 'Queenie' et al put the lights on, set up the tables with the products and switch the camera's on to auto focus...do you?

Does everybody think QVC is put together by the presenters? Maybe it's the camera crews, the production staff, the set dressers, the floor managers etc who can't make it in, either...surely you don't think 'Queenie' et al put the lights on, set up the tables with the products and switch the camera's on to auto focus...do you?

No, obviously not - but we can't identify them, can we?
They must have great problems on the production side too, we just don't know who is missing today. Obviously they've got to prioritise TSV shows. If the airports don't reopen Ginetta from Veronese might find herself doing all the shows for the next three days!

At this rate, poor Debbie Greenwood will be hoarse by the end of the night. I hope she gets a bonus for taking on everyone else's slots and swatting up quickly on the goods.
Thank goodness it's not Kathy Taylor trying to present shows without preparation!

What happened to Philip Schofield today?

Well, every cloud has a silver lining. Claire's doing Veronese instead of Jill Franks.

So we have Claire, Debbie and Ginetta in the building. I wonder if Daniel is langlaufing across London so he doesn't miss his debut?

A little bit of snow and London comes to a standstill ! We get it far worse up here, still get into work and don't complain either.

I'm not complaining I get a day off for nothing :D

Maybe its just we aren't used to it down here unlike you hardened Northerners ;)

Its hardly a little bit of snow and the reason London has come to a standstill is because they councils couldn't be bothered to get the gritters out. I cannot believe that you have never complained in your life. Everyone has a moan about something at some point.

We have over eight inches of snow here in Surrey with a further four forecast. We haven't had anything like this for 18 years, so we are not geared up for it like Scotland. I think if the local council suddenly announced a hike in our rates so they could buy herds of snow ploughs 'just in case' it happened again in the next 18 years, they'd be met with howls of protest!
Generally I agree that our infrastructure is rubbish, but these are exceptional conditions.

Hi,

i live in Essex, and to be fair, Mr gritter went past twice last night, plus they had the farmers driving tractors round to try and keep the roads open during the night.

Still pretty slow going however.

Cheers,
karen

What happened to Philip Schofield today?

Philip Schofield lives on a hill, and they were all snowed in. Fern Britton presented This Morning on her own, borrowing guest Lily Allen from GMTV, later on Penny Smith from GMTV was on Loose Women in place of Sherrie Hewson who couldn't make it in (neither could most of their live audience!).

I'm a Southerner who lives in the North West now, and in my experience we all complain about bad weather when we get it, but in London they hardly ever get it this bad - I worked there for 22 years and it would be bad on the outskirts, but within London the snow hardly ever settled. My mother-in-law told me this morning she doesn't remember it being this bad since 1947! (WAY before my time!!).

Hi,

i live in Essex, and to be fair, Mr gritter went past twice last night, plus they had the farmers driving tractors round to try and keep the roads open during the night.

Still pretty slow going however.

Cheers,
karen

I too live in Essex and i passed 2 gritters on my way from work at about 8-30pm.But my other half took my son and his girlfiredn to herfordshire leaving at about 7pm, and he said on the way there it was treachous even on the M25 because it had not been gritted but on the return journey about 9pm it was much better as they had been out. My friend told me she saw a gritter sliding along her road this morning as she lives on a bus toute and only a few buses are runinng.

Looks as if Charlie's snowed in too. It seems Daniel will have three hours to do tonight rather than the one hour he expected!

Latest posts

Back