Why are QVC showing repeats?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I thought I was going mad. The new guy, Daniel, said something about Sunday lunch then he talked about a brand new fashion show at 5 tomorrow and then Craig mentioned Sunday lunch.

Didn't notice the great big "repeat" in the top right hand corner!!

Presume there's not enough presenters in due to the snow. Supposed to be Anne Dawson on now.

It must be due to the weather. I live in Surrey and there's no public transport into London and the main roads are really treacherous. The presenters probably can't get in other than Debbie Greenwood who lives in Wimbledon. JR lives in Woldingham which is currently cut off.

I thought I was going mad as well. Its a nightmare on the roads what with the councils not gritting the roads flipping heck what a joke

It must be due to the weather. I live in Surrey and there's no public transport into London and the main roads are really treacherous. The presenters probably can't get in other than Debbie Greenwood who lives in Wimbledon. JR lives in Woldingham which is currently cut off.

Where is Woldingham?

Do QVC have a technical problem?

Just turned over for what is supposed to be a Beauty Workshop to find a repeat of yesterday's cooks essentials show. Anyone know what's going on?

Surely someone must be able to get in? I'm getting withdrawl symptoms up here! I was looking forward to an afternoon of window shopping having already trudged out in the snow and nearly got run over trying to cross the main road in a blizzard!

Last edited:
Check out the thread about why QVC are showing repeats. The weather is dreadful in London and the South East. The presenters can't get into London.

I live not far fron the QVC studios. I would not be able to get anywhere near at the moment. We have a further blizzard forecast for this afternoon. I'm stranded at home today. I was due to go to hospital today for a procedure. I've had to cancel and the surgeon couldn't get into work anyway.

Snow and the country grinds to a halt I don't understand it at all. We have had very heavy snowfalls years ago and I never had to miss school or work because of snow. People used to get their shovels out and clear the streets and pavements themselves and somehow we managed. I suppose if public transport has come to halt people are not able to travel. I bet something like this will really effect companies and small businesses but you would think companies like QVC would have a back up plan as this bad weather was predicted last week.

Snow and the country grinds to a halt I don't understand it at all. We have had very heavy snowfalls years ago and I never had to miss school or work because of snow. People used to get their shovels out and clear the streets and pavements themselves and somehow we managed. I suppose if public transport has come to halt people are not able to travel. I bet something like this will really effect companies and small businesses but you would think companies like QVC would have a back up plan as this bad weather was predicted last week.

I agree with what you are saying, but to be fair how often is the weather forecast wrong.

You are right, it was well forecasted so they could have put a couple of presenters up in a local hotel. Sure it would have been worth it with so many people stuck at home as a captive audience!

With so many people stuck at home you would have thought they would have ensured that they could broadcast live hours. :33:

If the snow is that bad, you'd think there must be a bunch of presenters who couldn't make it home last night, and are still in the building!

Snow and the country grinds to a halt I don't understand it at all. We have had very heavy snowfalls years ago and I never had to miss school or work because of snow. People used to get their shovels out and clear the streets and pavements themselves and somehow we managed..

Ah, but that was before health and safety regulations I bet!

Check out the thread about why QVC are showing repeats. The weather is dreadful in London and the South East. The presenters can't get into London.

When I started writing it the other thread wasn't there ... then the phone rang.

A little bit of snow and London comes to a standstill ! We get it far worse up here, still get into work and don't complain either.

Bettyboo yes we have a small business and we had work comming in today so the guys have walked to work we are only able to get them in when we have work but due to bad weather got no work and still have to pay they guys for comming in so another lost week
lizz

Latest posts

Back