Who spends £4,580.00 on a necklace from a shopping channel?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Queen Bee

finally stopped lurking
as the title says, who would be sitting flicking through the channels, happen upon the summer surprise price of £3,815.00 on a set of pearls (686353) and just whip out their credit card and order?

is it just me that gets shocked when I see items like this sell?

More of a Summer Shock I thought! I remember a couple of years ago they sold a golden pearl necklace for a smidgen under £20.000 - I remember Dale saying it would be delivered by a security van or something similar, imagine the neighbours seeing that! :grin:

I had a sharp intake of breath when I saw the prices and all the stuff was going limited stock., guess they only have about 5 of each item. That amount of money would solve all my home repair problems, can't imagine inhabiting a world where you have that sort of cash to spare for impluse buys from the telly. And it will be akin to an impulse buy as you only have the 60 or so minutes to make up your mind.

I've stocked up on them to out away for christmas 'gifting' - couple for teachers' gifts and a couple for 'just in case' someone calls who I forgot to buy for (you know how embarrassing that can be) so I've ordered a few. :smirk:

I've stocked up on them to out away for christmas 'gifting' - couple for teachers' gifts and a couple for 'just in case' someone calls who I forgot to buy for (you know how embarrassing that can be) so I've ordered a few. :smirk:

fabulous idea! wish i'd thought of that lol.

the earrings at £1700 were horrible and went limited too. its funny how the postage was £6.99 on that necklace so less than the cost to send something like that by special delivery, yet you buy a £12 diamonique ring and pay the same postage?

I bought the necklace through Quidco as I got 5% cash back....

Wonder if you bought the necklace what kind of QVC Christmas card you'd get?? I think you'd go on a very special customer list. It might be so prestigious it came delivered by Craig in a little elf costume......

I bought the necklace through Quidco as I got 5% cash back....

Wonder if you bought the necklace what kind of QVC Christmas card you'd get?? I think you'd go on a very special customer list. It might be so prestigious it came delivered by Craig in a little elf costume......

Or "home from gnome" ??

I can think of cheaper ways of getting a pearl necklace ...................Honora or Betsy Kaye.

Over on Gems a jewellery shopping channel last night they had a range selling for £4,000+ a number of items at that price too. All sold in a flash, so yes there must be people who can afford it.

I am not one of them.

That's puzzled me quite often too. Surely if you were going to spend serious money on an item of jewellery, you'd want to inspect the item first, try it on, have a number of other items to look at to..not just tune into a shopping channel, think yep, I'll have that and wait for it to be left under your dustbin, or worse still on your doorstep..very strange indeed, but like people have said...they sell. All I can think is that the people who are ordering, have plenty of spare cash (obviously) and have bought so much expensive jewellery in the past that it's no longer exciting, or worth spending time worrying about!

At prices like that I too would want the whole experience, a day out going to a selection of jewellers and trying things on, being treated like royalty. I will never ever be able to buy something like that unless I win the lottery but if I were I would want the day I bought it to be as memorable as the item itself. Not really achieved by phoning QCut and then waiting for the postie I reckon. What do you think people with that kind of money to burn do for a living?

At prices like that I too would want the whole experience, a day out going to a selection of jewellers and trying things on, being treated like royalty. I will never ever be able to buy something like that unless I win the lottery but if I were I would want the day I bought it to be as memorable as the item itself. Not really achieved by phoning QCut and then waiting for the postie I reckon. What do you think people with that kind of money to burn do for a living?

Be part of the Royal Family ? They dont carry cash, and since Harrods went out of favour with them when the Egyptian bought it, QVC came to the rescue and did a deal with free postage !!

Your common or garden Russian oligarch?

Oy, I'm russian and there's nothing common or garden about me ! Sadly I'm not an oligarch but if I were I would expect a good old fry-up at Tiffany's before I got my solid platinum & diamond studded credit card out. (It's actually an epiphany platinum-clad & dimonique encrusted card).

Latest posts

Back