Who is that woman on this Morning Show?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

persianglitter

Fire up the Quattro!
Who is that woman presenting the morning show??!! (Thursday 10/09/09) she is soo annoying, she makes Mavis Riley seem positive! This woman umms and aahhs, gulps, starts to talk, pauses, talks, hesistant chit chat goes off at a tangent! the way she talks is like a sunday driver crawling down a country lane - doing 15mph, deciding which is the turn off for the A301110 to Fartington in the Wolds! She is unwatchable! so i have turned over to, wait for it.....Radio 2!!!! anything to erase that voice of hers!!!.... Who is that woman and how come she got a job presenting on QVC? I wouldnt mind if they replaced her with one of the chipmunks from Alvin and the Chipmunks!!!! and thats saying something! lol Sorry for the rant, but i needed to get it off my chest. She has upset my chi! lol. xxxxxx

Her name is Kathy Tayler and she's always been like that. I too find her very annoying and whenever she's on, the TV goes off!

Who is that woman presenting the morning show??!! (Thursday 10/09/09) she is soo annoying, she makes Mavis Riley seem positive! This woman umms and aahhs, gulps, starts to talk, pauses, talks, hesistant chit chat goes off at a tangent! the way she talks is like a sunday driver crawling down a country lane - doing 15mph, deciding which is the turn off for the A301110 to Fartington in the Wolds! She is unwatchable! so i have turned over to, wait for it.....Radio 2!!!! anything to erase that voice of hers!!!.... Who is that woman and how come she got a job presenting on QVC? I wouldnt mind if they replaced her with one of the chipmunks from Alvin and the Chipmunks!!!! and thats saying something! lol Sorry for the rant, but i needed to get it off my chest. She has upset my chi! lol. xxxxxx

Don't watch the Morning Show, but from the TV guide it appears that you are talking about the bumbling Miss Memory - Kathy Tayler. I, too, find her unwatchable, along with Jill 'I'm a runner' Franks aka Ol' Scrawny. Come to think about it, I believe that they both have 'issues' with their feet. Perhaps that's where their respective brain cell resides?

I think that QVC should put Kathy Tayler on helium!!!! it just might have the desired effect on her voice! lol Thanks for letting me know who she is, I wont be making the mistake of watching QVC when she is on! lol xxxx

Am I alone in thinking that Kathy looks very different? I haven't watched for ages (I normally shop through the QVC web site) but being at home on maternity leave, I was watching the diamonique show this morning and the woman presenting only displayed a vague resemblance to my mental picture of Kathy Tyler: her face looks much slimmer (though the rest of her seemed the same as usual) and her eyes looked bigger, her face just looks nice, but very different... Has she had something done?

Bwahahhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!:18:

Am I alone in thinking that Kathy looks very different? I haven't watched for ages (I normally shop through the QVC web site) but being at home on maternity leave, I was watching the diamonique show this morning and the woman presenting only displayed a vague resemblance to my mental picture of Kathy Tyler: her face looks much slimmer (though the rest of her seemed the same as usual) and her eyes looked bigger, her face just looks nice, but very different... Has she had something done?

I think Kathy had been using the diet tsv range and her hair seems slightly longer now. I remember her being very honest and telling us all that QVC bosses had told her that she needed to improve on the appearance side of things and so she seems to be making more of an effort.

I do think she's a struggle to watch sometimes, but it usually depends on how much preparation she's done for a certain product I think as some shows are worse than others :D I do think she seems very down to earth and friendly though !!

To me she seems like a very genuine and down to earth person. However I just think she's a very poor presenter who stumbles over her words and fails to convey any useful information. She does seem quite badly prepared sometimes too, for example when she did the cropadile presentation.

I really like Kathy Taylor :flower::flower::flower:and used to watch her on GMTV years ago. She strikes me as genuine & kind and doesn't push in quite the same way as some of the other presenters do. I know she can be a bit vague sometimes but its part of her charm and she has the ability to laugh at herself and is down to earth.
It would be a dull world if we all liked the same things and I can see that she might not be everyones cup of tea but she makes the Morning Show for me.:wave2:

I cannot bear to watch KT.I think shes a nice enough person - in fact a very normal "mum" type character,but I cannot watch her,for the simple fact she gets everything wrong and confused - even down to item numbers that all she has to do is just read them out.

I've noticed that she tends to do a lot of mornings - and luckily I'm a work so miss her frequently.

Well, Persianglitter love your post! Many of us on this forum have our own personal bete noir - she's mine. 'Ummmmm... aahhhh... hang on a minute': get back to your splendid life in the country, Kathy, and stop rubbing our faces in the fact that you're bad at your job, but you like the paycheque.

Boris Bear, you make good points: she does come over as genuine and down to earth, but as you go on to say "she's a very poor presenter who stumbles over her words and fails to convey any useful information. She does seem quite badly prepared sometimes too... " - spot on! and THAT'S what bugs me so much: she's getting paid to do a job, not just to be a nice person who's actually cr*p at her job.

Because of these verbal ticks she has, she's manifestly unsuitable!

I cannot bear to watch KT.I think shes a nice enough person - in fact a very normal "mum" type character,but I cannot watch her,for the simple fact she gets everything wrong and confused - even down to item numbers that all she has to do is just read them out.

I've noticed that she tends to do a lot of mornings - and luckily I'm a work so miss her frequently.

Yep, rainbowdottie, that's it: she's a nice enough person in herself, but muddled in the job, which means to me that she's happy to take the money and run.

I like KT and I like her presenting style. I'd rather watch her trip and stumble a bit and then buy in spite of her presentation, than be brainwashed/bullied into buying by a better salesperson. Alison Young scares me into buying sometimes with her shouty voice.

the mute button is a wonderful thing, I use it for Kathy as she just makes me squirm sometimes with her hesitations and pauses tho' I do think she is a lovely person and I like her honesty when talking about reviews, she'll say " we have had one 5 Star review" whereas some others will be a bit vague as to the amount. AY's voice and hectoring manner just does my head in, she's like an old style PE teacher screeching and bellowing at the pupils. Plus she never listens to anyone, she butts in and talks over guest and it's so, so rude.

Yes silversequin, AY is definitely 'hectoring' as you say! Quite stressful to watch for me at times: I can take her when she's on her own, but with a guest, I'm stressed out waiting for her to interrupt! But I feel she's grafting for QVC - working for her money at least! (Even if the stress levels of the viewers go up, she's shifting units!)

Oh that's me too mariecat, on edge waiting for AY to start barking at the guest.....I get all embarrassed for her which is daft as she is shameless! I guess that's cos in my work I have been trained in reflective listening and looking at someone who can't listen to save their life just makes me cringe, plus you miss so much if you just yarp at people in a shouty voice.

I like kathy Taylor too she is funny but a bit bugging with the ums and ahhs!

Latest posts

Back