Who is responsible in first place?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Hi Jacaranda,

I bought an HP lappie through a third party. It had probs after a few weeks (which could even have been my fault) and was told to deal with HP. We did a bit of the old trying to sort it out over the phone, but it was well 'uggered. They sent a courier to collect it, who even brought packaging and boxed it up. It came back after just a few days fully sorted and I've never had trouble since.

They were one of the easiest to deal with manufacturers I've come across and their helpline is in India, but very well trained with fair English. If I had trouble again, I wouldn't hesitate to go direct to them.

Argey xx

Oh, please not another Indian call centre!! I know I have had some lovely people but sadly they didn't outnumber the not so good ones.

Fingers crossed for tomorrow.

Tomorrow, I will phone HP. I actually do like the computer, but I don't want a new computer that then has 6 months missing off the warranty. If one can go wrong, so can another! I know there was a three year warranty, but heck 7 days usage and the main feature of the product goes capput...but then I would have to find another computer....decisions decisions decisions!

Hang on a second here, you bought a computer 6 months ago and then took it out the box, then expect the warranty to start again on the new one when that one comes out of it's box? No, the warranty starts on the day of purchase else we'd all be trying that one and getting warranty replacements forever.

LorraineJ - if something goes wrong in the first year, you do not have to allow repair or replace...the product is not suitable for purpose, therefore refund is and should be given on request.

This is untrue, the seller has the choice or repair, replace or refund not the customer, although if someting goes wrong shortly after buying you can get a refund.

Latest posts

Back