Who gets the P&P?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Moth

Registered Shopper
On the Carol Hochman show yesterday, the guest pointed out the free P&P and said "take advantage of the free P&P as that's our little gift to you!". That seemed to imply that the Carol Hochman company decided to offer free P&P and not QVC, so is that the case across the board? Or do they reimburse QVC for the lost value of a free P&P offer? If the guests have to cover that cost in some way, it's yet another example of QVC's tightness as they make it look as though it's their own gesture of generosity! I know the law doesn't allow a company to make a profit on P&P but does anyone have any idea how it works?

If the law doesn't allow them to make a profit on p&p I'd like to know how come they charged the same p&p for the Kipling and the Elastizer tsv's. There's a heck of a difference in the weight and the packaging needed for these items.

The P&P will be factored into the price, no doubt about it.
If a new item comes to air and it says free P&P then the P&P will have actually been added into the price of the item, as because it is new to air nobody will know what the price was without the P&P.

If the law doesn't allow them to make a profit on p&p I'd like to know how come they charged the same p&p for the Kipling and the Elastizer tsv's. There's a heck of a difference in the weight and the packaging needed for these items.

Because the excess P&P charged on the Kipling offsets the loss made on the Elasticizer P&P. Instead of charging, say, £1 for one item and £2 for the other, they charge £1.50 for both and it evens out.

I thought the various brands set the P&P - I remember Lola Rose/Honora shows where the presenter was thanking Nikki/Ralph for free P&P. Maybe I am wrong? However it would then explain the variable P&P prices and why some lightweight goods have a higher P&P than some heavier goods.

If it's a qvc range like eek or northern nights then obviously qvc ultimately foots the free p&p although I imagine they way they deal with the accounts will be complicated. If it's an outside range like carol hochman then I've heard them say a few times that the free p&p is their own little thank you.

Heard Ann bang on about the free p&p being a 10% saving on an item of nightwear. Thanks for that Ann - some folks might not have seen the postage in that light before and might think several times before making their next purchase or three.

The postage is set by QVC and the excess that they charge over and above the Royal Mail or Hermes rate is the "packaging" element...so a fairly elastic figure plucked from the air. Paypal charges their % fees on the postage paid as well as the item price, so no law broken there presumably.

On the Carol Hochman show yesterday, the guest pointed out the free P&P and said "take advantage of the free P&P as that's our little gift to you!". That seemed to imply that the Carol Hochman company decided to offer free P&P and not QVC, so is that the case across the board? Or do they reimburse QVC for the lost value of a free P&P offer? If the guests have to cover that cost in some way, it's yet another example of QVC's tightness as they make it look as though it's their own gesture of generosity! I know the law doesn't allow a company to make a profit on P&P but does anyone have any idea how it works?

Sorry I'm late to comment on the Carol Hochman offer, but I was really cross about this. Throughout the 2 days the guest repeated that CH was offering free P&P as a thank you on the 10 year Anni. I went to buy an item on the website the first day and the P&P was still showing, so I thought I'd do it by QCut - expecting that would be correct. But when I checked my account the P&P had been taken, so I cancelled then rang up to order and point out the error. Initially she quoted me a price for my order inc P&P until I pointed out the error. The following day I fancied another item - still showing P&P on the website. Rang again and again was quoted a price inc P&P. :headbang: When I said they might like to change the website the CS person just laughed. :mysmilie_455:

I do wonder how many people failed to notice the issue and whether their P&P would end up as extra profit for QVC. Not good.

That has happened to me 3 times in the last few months where I've had to phone to get the P&P reimbursed, not very impressive of Q :mysmilie_10:

I'm sure there must be hundreds who neither check their account nor make the effort to ask for the refund. The same happens when you email them then return under DSR. I invariably have to contact them to get my postage refunded. All extra profit. It's 's scandalous really.

In the case of CH the website should have been updated as soon as the error was pointed out. I can't have been the only one to have done so.

Q at their finest!! You know they're the second most trusted!! It's that blind trust by some that enable them to get away with this sort of behaviour!

The troubles I have had with them recently are incredible in fact the more I talk to trading standards the more I am beginning to see the extent of their behaviour that could be seen as illegal, the result of my complaint will be interesting but I will keep a bit tight lipped until then!

Latest posts

Back