Who does your favourite make up demos on QVC?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Love A'kin

QualityVariesConsiderably
:hi:I like Rupert from New CID because he actually shows you how to do things, and George from Bobbi Brown because she creates such pretty looks. No disrespect to Paul whom I like too, it's just that he's talking and showing us the colours so he doesn't have as much time to do the actual make up.

My least favourite right now is Mally. (and I'm a Mally fan. :flower:) I find it hard to tell what effect the product they're s'posed to be showing us has created because the models have so much other stuff on.

What about you?

Can't remember his name but the chap from Bobbie Brown - he has a nice attitude and doesn't patronise. Also like the way the models don't look OTT (unlike Mally demos).

Bobby Brown make up is lovely and natural and he gives great application tips. Mally is full on, both her and her make up. I agree with Love A'Kin. The models are already in full make up so she's just adding more when she demonstrates.

Paul Herrington from Bobbi Brown is my favourite. He has a light touch and the results never look garish.

I like the BE combo - SJ for her skills and the other one (forogtten her name) for the talking.

However if i was to have a make over i would like Mally or Nina to do it!

For me its SJ from Bare Escentuals and Nina from Smashbox. I want to like Mally makeup but up to now dont? I find her presentations a bit false and that her makeup gives too heavy an effect even on telly?!?

I don't mind SJ but can't stand her mate. I don't like Bobbi Brown man or Mally and Nina from Smashbox is boring. Used to Love Timber and Daniel.

I also like the Bobbi Brown Reps and SJ from BE.

I always think Mally makes Ali Young look lovely,but compare her with Amica where the make up sits in and enhances her wrinkles and is very unflattering and ageing..that puts me off the range.

:hi: I can't believe I forgot about S.J.! :blush:

Having seen her work on dozens of QVC viewers at a QVC beauty event I have boundless respect for her skills. She rocks :rock:

I love what Mally does to AY as well, seeing what she looks like this time is part of the reason I tune in! :grin:

There will never be another Timber, :flower: and I eventually learned to love Daniel because of his cute little face and general loveliness probably. Nina's great. :flower:

What about Bellapierre, Cosmetics a la Carte, Lord and Berry, Amazing Cosmetics, Benefit, Cargo, Daniel Sandler, Genie, Jemma Kidd, Sue Devitt. Shavata, Laura Geller, The Balm.. Any favourites there?

How bad is it that I can remember most of QVC's make up brands off the top of my head?! :blush::grin:

:hi: I can't believe I forgot about S.J.! :blush:

Having seen her work on dozens of QVC viewers at a QVC beauty event I have boundless respect for her skills. She rocks :rock:

I love what Mally does to AY as well, seeing what she looks like this time is part of the reason I tune in! :grin:

There will never be another Timber, :flower: and I eventually learned to love Daniel because of his cute little face and general loveliness probably. Nina's great. :flower:

What about Bellapierre, Cosmetics a la Carte, Lord and Berry, Amazing Cosmetics, Benefit, Cargo, Daniel Sandler, Genie, Jemma Kidd, Sue Devitt. Shavata, Laura Geller, The Balm.. Any favourites there?

How bad is it that I can remember most of QVC's make up brands off the top of my head?! :blush::grin:
Tis very bad indeed. Shame on you.
I never liked the Benefit lady either. Or the Pout woman. The Pupa woman who is now the Gale Hayman woman doesn't inspire me either.

Going back a good few years, Michael Maron from Mojave Magic was good. Another one gone to QVC in heaven without even a word.

Aaaaargh - the Genie demos!!!! Once you've seen one, you've seen 'em all. Especially as they always use the same models. It's like Groundhog day.

Latest posts

Back