Who Actually Buys Kim & Co

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
Kim & Co always has 9 HOURS over a 2 day period - why ? She always speaks without drawing breath as though she is reading from a script, and who on earth buys her awful trousers ???? Ok her tops may suit some, but heaven forbid the trousers; AND check out e bay - they cant GIVE the stuff away. Why is it always American stuff being flogged on QVC what about British designers ?

Kim and Co is a mystery to me. The woman has a strange sense of inflection and 'inflects' the wrong words in a sentence and then she makes those little sighs and 'oooohs and aaaaah's ' . However I could live with that if the clothes were good but the patterns are like something out of a charity shop and the womans sense of colour is just surreal. Does anyone wear bright pink or orange trousers?

Don't get me started on the prices.......

Kim & Co always has 9 HOURS over a 2 day period - why ? She always speaks without drawing breath as though she is reading from a script, and who on earth buys her awful trousers ???? Ok her tops may suit some, but heaven forbid the trousers; AND check out e bay - they cant GIVE the stuff away. Why is it always American stuff being flogged on QVC what about British designers ?

welcome brissles, have to agree with you about Kim, can tell you're not a fan either as youdidn't know she's not American , she's from Montreal, Canada! :1:

I buy Kim & Co and have done for about 8 years.

I don't buy the bright orange stuff (tho' I did get some pig pink stuff in the Warrington outlet shop years ago which is in the loft!).

I wore it when I worked in an office and now I wear it for teaching. I can't wear trousers for school and (as it is a faith school) I need to have my knees covered when I sit down. Kims skirts are perfect for that.

Contrary to popular belief they are not hot or sweaty. My long hair does not stand on end with the static. Instead the tops and cardigans I have always look smart - they don't crease and the colours stay dark after washing.

When I am bored of something I sell it on ebay and yes some things only sell for £2 but others go for £15, which isn't bad for second hand tops and trousers.

I'm not a weirdo. I neither look nor dress like Susan Boyle. I buy the rest of my work clothes from Next and my 'going out' clothes from Karen Millen. Students have always commented on how nicely I dress, unlike some teachers I've seen who think it is a waste to wear nice clothes for school! I'm glad that not everyone on here buys her clothes - it means that I won't see anyone else wearing them!

I once bought a gorgeous belt from Kim & Co, but nothing else...mainly because I have not switched on to the hours...and to be honest, I kind of like clothes shopping in real life...but I just wanted to say that the title to this thread made me laugh (the inclusion of the word "actually" can really give strength to a statement!) and MissQVC's reply is very lovely and I hope your school appreciate you...you sound like a woman of real integrity and make me think of some excellent and inspiring teachers I was taught by...your school is lucky to have you!

I buy Kim & Co and have done for about 8 years....
Contrary to popular belief they are not hot or sweaty. My long hair does not stand on end with the static. Instead the tops and cardigans I have always look smart - they don't crease and the colours stay dark after washing.

I don't own any Kim & co. but I do own a top in a similar material/style to much of her stuff!
It is by 'Elena', a brand I know nothing about, have never seen anywhere else & all I know about it is that it's probably American as the material is stated as '94% polyester, 6% spandex'!
It is the simplest thing to take care of ever & I've worn it loads!

As for Kim & co. the woman herself drives me mad with her idiotic squeaking, gasping voice & I have to admit I do find her prices to be verging on the ludicrous for what they are, otherwise I might try a couple!
(Will look again on eBay! lol)

We are all coming out of the woodwork now, I admit to owning a K & co top but I bought it in a charity shop for £4.00. I love it, it is a vest top with a great pattern on it and is very comfortable and not at all clingy. Having said that, no way would I pay the outrageous QVC prices.

I once bought a gorgeous belt from Kim & Co, but nothing else...mainly because I have not switched on to the hours...and to be honest, I kind of like clothes shopping in real life...but I just wanted to say that the title to this thread made me laugh (the inclusion of the word "actually" can really give strength to a statement!) and MissQVC's reply is very lovely and I hope your school appreciate you...you sound like a woman of real integrity and make me think of some excellent and inspiring teachers I was taught by...your school is lucky to have you!

Gosh ... thank you livelovelaugh

That's very kind of you!

I have been known to purchase a few pices over the years. The main reason I like the clothes is that they are comfortable to wear and easy to put on/take off. Having mobility problems that is an important factor. Also the easy care factor and I can buy from home.
Feel free to shoot me now if you wish :)

Oh well, it's time to confess!! I also own a few bits of Kim's clothing. Not the garish patterns or colours I hasten to add and definitely no outlandish frills. They are easy to care for and need no ironing which appeals to me. I refuse to pay her exorbitant prices so usually pick them up on last clicks or ebay.

Oh dear a confessional thread! Okay lets put this straight - I am generally pretty fashionable and do not shop for clothes on QVC now.

However......

in the early days I was persuaded to try a few items (lessons learned) and one of those was a pair of K&C trousers in black. I persuaded myself they would be comfy to wear around the house etc.

I did enjoy wearing them as they were indeed comfy but shockingly for the price they really did not wear well at all and wore thin at the butt. I have cheap Primark buys that have worn far better!

I once ordered a two piece flowery outfit, it was horrendous, thin material just like crimplene and the wrong side of the fabric was white and showed every time you moved. It went straight back, cheap and nasty for the price you pay.

It always comes across to me as too "stretchy" and clingy. And when she says "don't worry about sizing, one size fits all" etc etc I always think if you're not careful you could look like Michelin Man in the wrong size :32:

Not for me I'm afraid, but each to his own :54:

Pauline xx

Isn't it a good job we are all different in taste etc !, I have never bought any Kim and Co but if other people like her designs then good for them. The world would be a sorry place if we all dressed the same. I shop at Primark from time to time the clothes dont really last ,but if I get wear out of them and enjoy wearing them then it is money well spent !.
I keep thinking about "The Prisoner" when he kept saying "I am not a number" he would not conform, same can be said for how we dress :1:

I buy Kim & Co and have done for about 8 years.

I don't buy the bright orange stuff (tho' I did get some pig pink stuff in the Warrington outlet shop years ago which is in the loft!).

I wore it when I worked in an office and now I wear it for teaching. I can't wear trousers for school and (as it is a faith school) I need to have my knees covered when I sit down. Kims skirts are perfect for that.

When I am bored of something I sell it on ebay and yes some things only sell for £2 but others go for £15, which isn't bad for second hand tops and trousers.

I'm not a weirdo. I neither look nor dress like Susan Boyle. I buy the rest of my work clothes from Next and my 'going out' clothes from Karen Millen. Students have always commented on how nicely I dress, unlike some teachers I've seen who think it is a waste to wear nice clothes for school! I'm glad that not everyone on here buys her clothes - it means that I won't see anyone else wearing them!

I own the camisole and jacket in animal print, it looks stunning on, is well made and the fabric flatters my figure my only gripe is the cost of her clothes [think its a bit high]
but saying that i bought casual and co garments that i thought were very reasonable, but the quality was carp!
guess you get what you pay for! would however stay well away from some of her patterns and colors - but every woman knows her own style and color choice, and every one is individual, it would be awful if we all went around dressed the same:40:

As mentioned my Miss QVC I bought a couple of Kim & Co skirts for work, something comfortable to wear but smart and don't crease. I got a couple but was not comfortable with the colours and in the end haven't got much wear out of them - the lapis blue is lovely but I had to return the skirt in that colour because it came down to my ankles!

Tops I found just didn't fit well and cling to you, and I have found the fabric a bit cold as well so not a sweat problem. Also I must confess to getting some cropped trousers once and they were so comfortable but I would not be seen dead out in the open in them so they got sent back, and the prices as well! Never tried long trousers and they would just be too long so never bothered.

So I can say I've done Kim and Co and generally don't tune in these days. Over £30 for a vest top!

I dont like the range of any of the "fashion" ranges on QVC, much prefer the high street, Top shop, jane Norman, west one.

Tbh, Kim's range contains some gorgeous designs and prints, but is totally let down by the horrendous acrylic fabric she insists on using, if she used a few more natural fabrics, I'd probably invest in a few pieces. I also think that the range is horrendously overpriced, so as someone else said unless it's on Ebay or last clicks....I just couldn't! I did in fact buy a Kim dress many moons ago, it was a very deep crimson evening dress in a light crepey fabric..v slinky, but I didn't keep it as it was so badly made I was horrified. The stitching had been done on an overlocker, and in fact some of the stitching wasn't even attatched to the garment IYKWIM, and the fabric was so thin that you could have shot peas through it! I find her ridiculously annoying though, however that wouldn't stop me buying clothes from her range if she were to change the prices and the clingy fabric she insists on using for everything!

Latest posts

Back