Which QVC skincare ranges would tou recommend?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Once you make a firm decision it's liberating. Those bath and shower products should keep for years so you shouldn't need to repurchase for ages. If you sell on ebay make sure you check the new Royal Mail postage rates to ensure you're not out of pocket when you send your parcels. Also if you become a VIP member of this site there's a buy & sell forum in The Drop which has no fees to pay. Most of all don't give yourself a guilt trip or you won't enjoy using your "premium presteeeegious" products.

Jude xx

I think this hysteria over sun screen is misplaced and a marketing ploy. Just heard on TV that someone had a blood test and had a serious Vitamin D deficiency, due to lack of sun. Of course, if you are in a hot country, or been lucky enough to sit in the sun for any length of time you should use a sun cream, but think the need is very rare in this country.

It very much depends on your skin type. My dad who has red hair and blue eyes had to have major surgery last year because of skin cancer on his head. I won't go into detail but suffice to say it was pretty horrific. The consultant told him to make sure he doesn't go out in the sun without protection. One of the nurses recommended the bare minerals one, which I now use too because its so quick and easy.

I stopped believing all the hype on QVC about their premium brand skincare ranges a couple of years ago. I've used up all the stuff I had accumulated and tend to buy the Superdrug range now as it's Cruelty Free, and a lot of their products are also paraben free. I've saved myself a fortune!
I think it's down to cleansing and moisturising and keeping out of the sun, although a hint of colour does look flattering. Maybe I've been blessed with good skin, my nan only ever used Wrights Coal Tar Soap and she had amazing skin.

I had the decision to stop buying expensive skin care made for me when I was made redundant. I used to spend a fortune on skincare, makeup and perfumes but no longer and my skin looks no worse for doing so. I`ve enjoyed finding new, inexpensive but good quality items such as the Ebay cleansing balm and my makeup bag has been pared down to the minimum, I no longer waste stuff by binning it or giving it away and I`ve found Boots, Superdrug and Ebay to be just fine for everything I need. Even on expensive items the top ingredient is water, its there on the list , number one and makes up the largest part of the product and any new ingredient always ends up hitting the high street products sooner or later, many are owned by the same companies too.

I have tried most of the qvc cosmetics without being bowled over by any of them, I now use Elemis PMC and Alpha H Liquid Gold every other night , I also use Ultrasun 50 in the summer, the rest of my make up comes from the dreaded high street.....

It's disappeared from Q now, but I first tried A'kin Pure Radiance Rosehip Oil from there. Still using it, daily. It is wonderful stuff - lasts ages and not too expensive.

I used to buy Philosophy back in the day when they actually did good kits and great TSVs. Really disappointed with the Philosophy stash on QVC now. :sad:

About 3 years ago I started to buy Boots No 7 Protect and Perfect. It's not the cheapest but there are no P&P costs, plenty of Boots points to be had, £5 off No 7 vouchers, it's always on 3 for 2 and there's a wide range of products. I can afford to try different things if I want - eye cream and serum etc in the 3 for 2.

I also used to buy expensive shampoo and L'Occitane soap. I've weaned myself off that now and use Dove shampoo and Dove soap but do like a nice quality shower gel - Philosophy if I can get it.

On the sunscreen front. I have pigmentation patches on my face and I was told by a dermatologist to use factor 30 as sun exposure makes the patches even more noticeable. I said I'll use factor 50 and he said that he would not recommend it. He would rather I used factor 30 and reapplied if needed rather increasing the factor. I can't remember the facts and figures but he basically said that factor 50 isn't that much better than 30 and it lulls people into a false sense of security. He also said that cheapy brands were just as good and he often encouraged people to buy them as they were more likely to use more because it was cheap. Most people only use about half as much as they ought. Interesting perspective.

We have all over the years been dazzled by QVC and the wonder products they sell.

Truth, no they will not get rid of lines and wrinkles you already have. No there is no such thing as a facelift in a bottle. If these products existed then plastic surgery would disappear and there would be only one cream as that is all you would need as it did everything.

Find a brand you like and enjoy using(the secret is to use something, its better than nothing). Example just look at those little old ladies from some far flung places. They look 90 years old but in fact are usually only around 40 or even younger!!!! All those ads in magazines are photo shopped, false eyelashes inserted etc. The face cream will not make you look like the 20 year old model in the ad. Women are force feed a diet by newspapers and magazines of these wonder products which we must use, women who look older than 30 should not be seen in public going by some of them.

You have dark circles, wrinkles. Are people in the street stopping to point at you and scream how awful you look? I bet not. We are our own worst enemy.

AY,Keeley,Fiona,Andrew etc are not your friends. They are there to sell as much product as they can, you are paying their wages nothing more.

What a fantastic thread this is I am reading every single post with interest.

Jude I think since joining ST you have influenced me the most re ebay especially, but also other tips. Well worth listening to this lady if you are a QVC beauty addict. Not to forget Donna who as usual is spot on.

I have my beauty addiction under control and now have my set favourites -EH moringa balm, I'Occitane liquid soap and shea butter hand cream, and many of their bath and shower products. L'Occitane is my treat to myself. I also am a sucker for Mally make up. But that is really it. I am open to change with my serums and moisturiser depending on value for money. At the moment Judith Williams sets have won the day.

That is such an improvement for me. I used to have philosophy, Molton brown, SBC,Laura Geller, Smashbox, Bare Minerals, Elemis, Bobbi Brown. I had more than I could ever use and sold a lot on ebay and made a lot of my money back. Now I use all of what I buy.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

I with you WG. I now only buy what I need. And new skincare purchases have to be used, unless they cause a bad reaction. Having forced myself to use every ounce of tut I'd bought I have really made myself get a grip on my spending and to understand what really works. I still love my Elemis Milk Bath but I've realised it's far from the best body lotion out there. I don't mind spending money on skincare as long as it really does what I want it to.

I think this hysteria over sun screen is misplaced and a marketing ploy. Just heard on TV that someone had a blood test and had a serious Vitamin D deficiency, due to lack of sun. Of course, if you are in a hot country, or been lucky enough to sit in the sun for any length of time you should use a sun cream, but think the need is very rare in this country.
funnily enough I just bought some vitamin d tablets this morning in the hope they may help with my prickly heat
I got burnt on my face a few years ago and the aldi moisturiser worked wonders and I didn't peel.
I think PCMCIA is rather overrated, I have just finished a tub and I am one in a hurry to replace it. I think I preferred hope in a jar by philosophy.
I am at the point were I need new cleanser and moisturiser and I am thinking very carefully before I buy. I really like some Kiehls samples I had so may go over to this and not bother with qvc beauty

Over the years I've been sucked in by the spiel on QVC. Ageing is part of life and, sadly, not much will halt that process. I have a stash of products to use up and use any cream that doesn't work on my feet and hands!

I'm 34 and have used decent skincare since my early 20s and that is because of QVC. I have really good skin that a lot of people have and do regularly comment on. This is not in my genes as both my grandmothers didn't have particularly good skin (maternal grandmother's skin was awful) and neither does my Mum. My sister doesn't bother too much with her skin, she's 2 years younger than me and has lines around her eyes and her complexion doesn't look great. I have no lines at 34. I believe that prevention is better than cure but it's worth using good skincare whatever age you start at.
I would class my skin as normal - I'm generally not dry or oily.
I use ultrasun face 30 every day from about now to November(ish). This is excellent and good value - I tend to use it on it's own and if I feel my skin needs it I add my daycream over the top ( a couple of days a week).
Philosophy Purity is the best cleanser I have used (and I have used lots of different ones) closely followed by Alpha H's balancing cleanser. Alpha H liquid gold is excellent on my pores and very good value as 3 nights a week I use just that alone so no money spent on nightcream half of the week! It's fantastic and makes me feel like I've had a facial the next morning when I wake up. The other half of the week I use the Alpha H night cream which has a great texture and feels lovely on the skin. The Alpha H rejuvenating cream is a great daycream as is Philosophy Hope In A Jar (you don't get good deals on Philosophy so much now though). I have also liked Elemis PCMC but only ue it when it's a good deal as I don't think it's worth the extra at a regular price. The alpha H eye creams are excellent and I use their exfoliating cleanser every other morning. I bought Lulu's TSV and am on day 2 of using it and I'm very impressed. The moisturiser leaves my skin feeling great and actually like I've moisturised and put my primer on. The eycream feels lovely on too.
The way I see it is that these things aren't cheap but they are an investment in myself. I don't go for facials and if I did where I live I'd be paying £50 a go. I do my nails myself using Shellac. What I spend on skincare probably averages out to be £25 a month which is less than a pound a day to make the best of myself so I think that's well worth it.

Last edited:
funnily enough I just bought some vitamin d tablets this morning in the hope they may help with my prickly heat

Have you tried Bio Astin sharonK? I used to get terrible prickly heat at the beginning of summer every year but now I start taking Bio Astin at this time of year and continue on in to the summer months and have not had it since. Of course, could be because the summers have been so rubbish lately, but worth a try?

I seem to use a wee bit of everything. After spending hundreds I've narrowed it down and stuck with the following which I'm pretty happy with at the moment

Gatineau Cleanser & Toner
Decleor Hydra Floral as my day cream
Decleor Neroli Balm as my night cream
Gatineau Serum
L'Occitane Hand Cream

Laura Geller Balance & Brighten Foundation
Laura Geller Baked Blush
Mally Volumising Mascara
Mally High Shine Lip Gloss

and a bit of Maybelline thrown in for good measure ........ cos you can't beat a bit of the good old very reasonably priced Maybelline :wink: :giggle:

I'm pretty much like you in that I've found my HGs now having tried a few of the different ranges offered by QVC. Here's what I like and others I've tried:-

Cleanser : Elemis Lime Blossom Cleanser - used to be a C&P devotee until LE changed the formula
Toner: Still LE IBST - have tried Elemis but can't see point in spending more on toner
Moisturiser - Elemis PCMC - do like LE skin Repair at night and have tried Philosophy HIAJ (didn't like smell) and Gatineau (texture too thick for day time and prefer to spend less on LE for night cream)
Exfoliator - Elemis Gentle Rose - I also like the Papaya Peel but prefer a granular scrub. Don't like LE exfoliator as I don't like the smell.
Mask - Decleor Herbal Clay Mask. This is the only Decleor product that I have tried and loved. QVC don't sell this and don't think they ever have. Can't even remember how I got to use it.

Love Philosophy shower gels and buy these from QVC when there's a good offer on.

LG Balance N Brighten - not tried any other foundations featured on QVC
LG Spackle - have tried Smashbox primer but it left my skin feeling oily
LG blushers
Smashbox lipglosses and eyeliner pallette -though I haven't bought these from QVC either

My HG mascara is Clinique Lash Power.

Have you tried Bio Astin sharonK? I used to get terrible prickly heat at the beginning of summer every year but now I start taking Bio Astin at this time of year and continue on in to the summer months and have not had it since. Of course, could be because the summers have been so rubbish lately, but worth a try?

Oh I haven't heard of that, where do you buy yours from? I have just seen on one site that it is also a slimming aid! Sounds just the right thing for a cruise, I always come back heavier
I did use rona Ross shower gel and lotion and I would start taking px antihistamines about a month before I go. Last holiday was a nightmare, left packing till last thing then realised the rona Ross I had was lotion....no shower gel. About half way through the hols the rash appeared with vengeance. This year I want to be prepared. Two tubes of tea tree wipes fron QVC arrived today and my ultra sun is here too. Now I have got my vit d tablets, I am going to look into this bio astin too.

Thanks for the tip, any others gratefully received:mysmilie_504:

Forgot to say, on my wandering s around the tinternet I found a review site called paulas choice, they seem to have ratings on all brands inc loads of Qvc ones. You would be suprised how many expensive brands thatwe are repeatedly told we can't live without or our faces will fall off, have poor or average ratings.

Latest posts

Back