Which Presenters or guests do you miss?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Autumn

Registered Shopper
So following on from the products we miss which guests and presenters do we miss?

Personally i miss the presenters Anthony and Claudia. Anthony was a good laugh and made Q seem less dull , and claudia was very professional and knew what she was talking about.

And i miss the guest Lj , she was a great techy guest and sooo much better that Lee.

P.s Sazza or graham can u change the title of the thread for me, its meant to say or not of . thanks x

Last edited:
I miss Paul Lavers and the late Steve Whatley. Both a bit cheesy but liked a laugh. I also liked Kara Baker, down to earth, not hard sell or screechy. I miss the personalities I suppose, I hardly watch Q any more...not interested in the products or presenters like I used to be.

Claudia was prone to the giggles! Liked her too. Sarah Griffiths was calm and non-screechy!

funny - couldn't stand Sarah Griffiths - thought when she changed her name to Sarah G it was so laughable a bit like Steve "interesting. " Davis. Totally agree about Claudia though.

The dishy DIY guest presenter who succeeded Sarah Green's father on the regular Sunday morning shows.....can't for the life of me remember his name but I think it began with "M"! Anyone?

Paul Lavers was good fun... I also miss Anthony.

LJ was far better on the techie stuff - so much so that she's now on the Beeb!

None of the new presenters really have the wow factor for me.

I liked Kara Tritton. I did kind of get bugged by the way she made those dolls talk b ut she was a nice girl.

Inge x

Kara Baker ..I'd like to see her back. Paul Lavers was very cringe-making at times but he was entertaining. As for guests, I used to like Jill Goldsmith from Molton Brown..didn't buy much but she made it all sound interesting, she was so enthusiastic!

Pretty much the same as everyone else:

Presenters: Anthony & Claudia
Guests: LJ Rich, Lee from Philosophy, Helen the Van Dal shoes lady, Malcolm Harradine (amusing, didn't take himself too seriously), Rosemary Merry the scrapbook crafting lady,

I miss Tim Goodwin who was the 'technology' guy who was recently on Argos TV - they should get him back now Argos TV is no more.

I also preferred Helen as the Nails Inc presenter - not keen on the present one - every time I watch a Nails Inc show she says that some random stranger on the train up has just admired her nails and asked her what colour she was wearing :wonder:

Does anyone remember Amanda Birch the Gatineau presenter before Andrew or the Elemis presenter who had short dark hair? They were both really pretty and I was probably hoping to look like them when I succumbed to the TSV's they were selling!! - funnily enough I'm never tempted these days by Gatineau or Elemis :giggle:

Anthony and Steve Whatley - neither took themselves too seriously, presented professionally without patronising the viewers, and made their shows enjoyable to watch.
Sadly Steve is no longer with us - but QVC could do a lot worse than bring Anthony back, either to present, or pass on his skills to the new crop of Q presenters.
I used to enjoy watching QVC but I rarely do now because the presenters irritate me either by being too 'me, me, me' or just boring.

I miss Paul Lavers and the late Steve Whatley. Both a bit cheesy but liked a laugh. I also liked Kara Baker, down to earth, not hard sell or screechy. I miss the personalities I suppose, I hardly watch Q any more...not interested in the products or presenters like I used to be.

paul lavers and steve "whatters" ahhh those were the days. don't miss caludia very beautiful but not very good at presenting. low vocabulary

Paul Lavers was great! I really couldn't stand Dawn Bibby but she was fun to laugh at!

Don't miss the 'Bibster' but do miss the crafts she used to bring. The others who tried to carry on with the crafts shows after were ok, one of them had a nice calm persona and explained things well but the other one was a bit 'birds of a feather'!

Have to agree about Philosophy Lee, this all goes to show that we are influenced by who the guest is for a brand. Philosophy hours are just not the same anymore.
I also remember Amanda Birch with Gatineau and I think the Elemis guest was called Bonnie. I even remember Noella Gabrielle herself on with Elemis in the early days, she was very pleasant to listen to and gave good advice about skincare.

Latest posts

Back