Which presenter can you not watch for a whole hour?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Oops, I forgot Chloe and I did actually switch her off quite recently when her ****** teddy was being discussed yet again.

Oh god, yes Chloe and her flipping family. I feel like I'm living her life with her, her dog, her grandma, her mum, etc.

Craig is the worst presenter to watch for me, way too smarmy and full of himself. Second worse is Debbie Flint, too pushy and sick to death of hearing about her books.

Surprised no one has mentioned Anne D!

For me the list is:
Anne Dawson: can't forgive her for laughing and making fun of poor woman with hormonal facial hair problem.
Charlie: Hate the false intensity and those frozen shoulder hand movements and gestures.
Claire: I'm not an 8 year old girl.
Julia: Don't like false humility and the fake 'Oh what a shock, it's sold out because I was wearing it and I'm so special'
Alison K: I don't know why I haven't taken to her. Nothing offensive about her, I just can't warm to her.

Oh forgot Anne Dawson, I find her so very loud!!!! I may keep the show on but I turn the volume down to practically nothing.

I used to really like Alison K but since the hard sell regime has started she is also much louder, and has to be turned down, and constantly interrupting guests.

This is my third post on this thread!!!!!!!

I can't remember the last time I watched any of them for half an hour, never ind an hour.
I've got the pet show on now, had it on for five minutes and I don't think I will make it to ten!

Marverine is my new pet hate I'm afraid. She acts a bit dim IMO. Never liked Jill's presenting, however, she can be OK in small doses, depending on the product - not for an hour though. Charlie is OK on the cooking shows as his gob is always full so we don't have to listen to him, on other shows I turn off - especially the Michele Hope shows. That's sick making. Craig's a pain, Simon's false, Chloe's a bit in yer face. My fave's are Miceal, Jackie, Jilly and Kathy and I always have thought Julia was OK.

Oh god, yes Chloe and her flipping family. I feel like I'm living her life with her, her dog, her grandma, her mum, etc.

I actually feel as if I personally know Gill Gauntlet's dad and his balcony that surely must need planning permission for all those wind spinners he's got up there.

CC

Sound on - Julia and Dale if I am in a good mood
Sound on - Jilly if I'm in a really good mood
Mute- everyone else if I really want to see something EXCEPT
Chuntley, Sara G, Marverine under no circumstances.

Mind you some of them are fast edging into the last option eg Jackie

I would struggle to watch Debbie Flint or Jill Franks for a whole hour unless I was seriously interested in the products however, no matter how keen I was on a product I couldn't watch Craig Rowe for 15 minutes let alone an hour!

I find the voices more irritating than the hard sell tactics, pointy fingers, rolling eyes etc, and find myself turning off Chloe, Claire, and I know she has been absent but Pippa as well, they all give me earache!

It's got to be Chuntley hands down! she is the most irritating presenter. If she isn't always going on about how "amazing" qvc are, she is talking about her self, preening and fishing for compliments. and sounding very patronizing while at it. I know everyone on here hate Jill Franks, but I would rather watch JF all day long than have to watch 5 minutes of Chuntley. I feel like I know CH life story along with the life story of her daughter.

Other presenters that I can't watch for a full hour are Dale and Julia because both are too full of themselves. Julia's voice and hair flicking does my head in Pippa because she is so loud and overbearing/screachy and Sara Griffiths because she is so rude. I know I am probably in the minority with my opinions though. I don't mind the usual "most hated" presenters like JF, DF and Chloe.

Last edited:
I can't remember the last time I watched any of them for half an hour, never ind an hour.
I've got the pet show on now, had it on for five minutes and I don't think I will make it to ten!

Same here - can't recall the last time I watched any show for a full hour.

I must be mellowing in my old age because I rarely find presenters annoying enough to turn off or mute; though I can only "watch" the Mally & Ali screech-fest in fast forward thanks to sky plus! (so effectively mute) I can still hear their patter in my head (which must be an early sign of insanity or watching too much QVC or both). Over on Bid I'm mesmerised by Peter Simon's creative streams of consciousness; never buy from him, but it's a force of nature in full flow! Mind you I know he's not popular per se.

Chloe's got quite a forthright delivery but she redeemed herself last month with her fabulous young dog and her Xmas eve monologue, it was as though she'd been left as the last one in the studio and told to turn off the lights and lock up when her shift finished.

I'm giving Marverine the benefit of the doubt because she'll probably relax her rather stilted delivery given time...remember how quietly spoken Alison Young was back in the days when she still wore her beauty therapist whites? After a while the self-consciousness diminishes and the delivery seems more natural (or shouty if you're AY)...well apart from Catherine Huntley who still seems very measured in her patter and a little too self-aware.

PS Having chatted to Craig yesterday I'm trying to sound positive in my criticism of presenters; he's human afterall and feel a little sorry for the bashing he gets on here. I'm sure I'd be a gibbering wreck if I worked in TV and read what people thought of me; I hope they all have thick skins, otherwise they're in the wrong job!

I think Claire Sutton is the most patronising by a long chalk!!!! I also have problems with Jill, Catherine, Marverine, Debbie on most of their shows. Craig and Charlie I have to switch off in food shows. Jackie can be a bit cold. So nearly all of them, lol!!!!!!!!!

I also find Jackie very cold and so that puts me off, although the hilarious food show where she got in a total pickle and was shouting for Simon to come back, has made me warm to her a little more. The crew were all laughing loud enough to hear on set.
I cannot watch Marvarine at all, and I have tried but it is all too unprofessional - there are better amateur presenters on You-Tube!

Oh and when Alison gets louder and louder and on an 'actual' loop, I cannot stand it (although I like her as a person) - I feel exactly the same about Mally (fabby make-up tho).

Latest posts

Back