Which of these presenters would you like to emulate ?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Vienna

Registered Shopper
I notice QVC in all their wisdom have posted a poll on their facebook page. It`s asking which of the following presenters would you like to emulate ?
Pipa, Claire, Jilly or Del Boy Flint.
Of course all the DF followers from her many groups have come out in force and I can just see her counting posts and preening herself.

I notice QVC in all their wisdom have posted a poll on their facebook page. It`s asking which of the following presenters would you like to emulate ?
Of course all the DF followers from her many groups have come out in force and I can just see her counting posts and preening herself.

What, is this for real? WHY would you do this poll, lol!???? Will be interesting to see who wins, well maybe not for the said Presenter :mysmilie_13:

They clearly haven't read about their shortcomings on this site ! Who in hell's name would want to emulate any of them ??? they struggle to have a brain cell between them !

Far more interesting would be the likes of Marie Curie, Edith Cavell, Jane Austin, Hilary Mantell, JK Rowling, Elizabeth Fry..... just for starters; not ****** selly telly presenters. What has this society come to ?

They clearly haven't read about their shortcomings on this site ! Who in hell's name would want to emulate any of them ??? they struggle to have a brain cell between them !

Far more interesting would be the likes of Marie Curie, Edith Cavell, Jane Austin, Hilary Mantell, JK Rowling, Elizabeth Fry..... just for starters; not ****** selly telly presenters. What has this society come to ?

Quite right b, add Oskar Schindler, Evelyn Glennie, Harriet Tubman ......... Oh my, the list is endless. Q is so off the mark here, embarrassingly so. They may have well said who can match looking at themselves in a TV monitor, who likes to bag freebies, who likes to embarrass guests deliberately, who can overuse adjectives to no purpose, who can gorge themselves on free food, who likes to totally cock up a charitable event? ............

Is there a none of the above in a million years choice?????

They are having a giraffe i have done as well in life as any of them would not give them houseroom.:mysmilie_10:

What a ridiculous question. Just shows the attitude of QVC and what they think of the customers.

Someone has made a point on Q`s facebook thread that it isn`t the women themselves who are being polled but their style. I nearly choked on my coffee because the words QVC presenters and style should never be uttered in the same sentence. So roll up, roll up and vote for Jilly`s baggy black elastic waist trousers with well worn equally baggy looking flat shoes, or DF`s 1980`s style white slingback wedges or Jack Sparrow boots worn with far too tight leggings and a pyjama top or Pipa`s attempt at rock chick whilst looking as if she`s been fighting with a bush and backwards at that and finally Claire`s little girl look whilst sucking her thumb, twirling her hair and crying for her Mummy !
I`m sure we`re all eager to emulate at least one of them and Q`s next poll will be asking us which of the Kardashian rear ends we prefer or something equally intellectually challenging.

Sweet J what is the world coming to! I would rather stick my head in the oven than emulate any of them.

BUT if I wanted to it would be easy peasy, just talk over everyone, talk the biggest load of sh***, have no scruples at all, and lie through your teeth to make another sale. And most of all think you are gods given gift to industry and the media.

Debbie Fint? :mysmilie_15: Jilly Halliday? :mysmilie_17: Claire Sutton? :mysmilie_17: style?! :mysmilie_15: someone over there in QVC land has got a wicked sense of humour :mysmilie_15:

Well blokes haven't got much to choose from either - Charlie "Insincere" Brook, Simon "Chest Hair" Biagi, Dale "Silvery" Franklin, Craig "Sand Dunes" Rowe, Will "Yap! Yap!" Gowing. I'm not overly keen on any of them, although Dale is OK and has a good voice. I used to quite like Glen Thompsett, who sometimes reads the news on LBC these days. I quite liked his voice. I often notice the voices more than anything.

I bet Jill Franks is miffed at not being included in that poll! She'll be straight into HR tomorrow, blasting them with: "What about me? Am I deemed not worthy of emulating? Am I not a style icon - just look at my amazing figure - all my girlfriends say how great it is! Many people want to be me but they...just don't have it!"

Well I just think this is utter balderdash - there is not one presenter I'd like to emulate - so I said so on my post on FB, told them this must be some kind of windup - who the hell do these people think they are.

Blimey, pretty soon they'll all think they are so special that they'll be invited onto the One Show ! (which I NEVER watch)

I suppose the presenters at QVC are seen as somehow aspirational - the sort we "ordinary folk" could scrub up to emulate, should be buy the myriad of (QVC) products on which their entire being purportedly pivots. So many of them are characterised by vanity and insincerity - 'cos they're in the world of showbusiness, yet they're out of it. They are at the fringe, marginalised. I am to journalism what they are to telly (lol!) Every now and then I get to dip into the world of showbiz (my bosses get all the A-listers and I get the ZZZZZ-listers). Well it seems that the more established the name, the nicer and more humble they are. Recently I had to interview a singer who was quite famous (in the 80s) and has been living off her past successes ever since. Getting a 1150-word feature out of her was like getting blood out of a sprig of asparagus. I didn't warm to her at all and asked her some quite personal questions to cut through the veneer. She burst into tears and needed to leave for 5 minutes! At least she came back and finished the interview. I'm dreading listening to it and having to cobble something together. I'm thinking of starting: "They say we idealise the past, fear the future and tolerate the present..."

Emulate? Now, if it said "exterminate" or "eradicate", I could answer.

pffffft
what a ridicious question
any day now, i expect Q to completely disappear up their own booty

Well blokes haven't got much to choose from either - Charlie "Insincere" Brook, Simon "Chest Hair" Biagi, Dale "Silvery" Franklin, Craig "Sand Dunes" Rowe, Will "Yap! Yap!" Gowing. I'm not overly keen on any of them, although Dale is OK and has a good voice. I used to quite like Glen Thompsett, who sometimes reads the news on LBC these days. I quite liked his voice. I often notice the voices more than anything.

I bet Jill Franks is miffed at not being included in that poll! She'll be straight into HR tomorrow, blasting them with: "What about me? Am I deemed not worthy of emulating? Am I not a style icon - just look at my amazing figure - all my girlfriends say how great it is! Many people want to be me but they...just don't have it!"
As I mentioned earlier I would by JF for a chance to spend time in cuckoo land

Latest posts

Back