Which channel do you prefer for plants..?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I have bought a few plants from QVC in the past that have done really well, and a few that haven't. The QVC hellebores that I bought two years ago have gone rampant and are fantastic, whereas carnations have been very hit and miss.

I now go to my local garden centre or to Homebase because I can see how healthy the plants are and I've decided that I'd rather pay a little more for established plants than have QVC plug plants all over the place. I'm too impatient and want 'instant' results. :wink:

Aldi are very good for plants if you get them on the day they arrive in store , as apparently the staff are not allowed to water them due to health and safety!
So they dry out and wilt if the weather is warm but they can't be beaten on price and quality, especially when compared to QVC.

Ive noticed that the tidal wave petunias I bought from Qvc 3 years ago , are coming out again! , they were only suppose to be an annual. Wish Q would sell them again :(.

I bought some fuschia plug plants this year from the Thompson and Morgan catalogue. They are excellent. I would buy again from them.
They have just gone out today into my new grow house which OH finished putting together yesterday.

I tend to order direct from Hayloft,grow from seed, or buy on my trips around independent garden centres in the area.

I always bought from QVC then I started buying direct from De Jager and now I'm trying Ideal World. The only 100% success rate is from De Jager. Not the cheapest but every single bulb has grown so that has to be the best value.

CC

I always bought from QVC then I started buying direct from De Jager and now I'm trying Ideal World. The only 100% success rate is from De Jager. Not the cheapest but every single bulb has grown so that has to be the best value.

CC

The IW selection is inspiring, QVC just have dahlias and bacopa nowadays, yawn! i can find that in a garden entree tbh!

qvc plants are way too expensive. 5 petunias for the best part of £20 is ridiculous. i like thompson and morgan for a few plants but i like morrisons and buy 6 large plug plants for £2. these include trailing petunias and geraniums which can cost a bit when bought full size. the rest i do from seed lobelias are easy so are pansies

Has anyone had any products from Andy Hodgson's new channel Home & Garden Plus? I've been watching on sky but not bought anything yet.

I haven't bought plants from QVC for a couple of years now because in every set of 3 plants/shrubs I've had one or 2 failures, and as most have been bare-root supplied it wasn't possible to tell until some time after purchase - so I now just buy where I can select healthy plants - no more gambling!

Has anyone had any products from Andy Hodgson's new channel Home & Garden Plus? I've been watching on sky but not bought anything yet.

might be good plants, but not a very inspiring choice, and just screened on loop.. I've seen rosebud geraniums 100 times now!
IW have the most refreshing range.. new items all the time pretty much

might be good plants, but not a very inspiring choice, and just screened on loop.. I've seen rosebud geraniums 100 times now!
IW have the most refreshing range.. new items all the time pretty much

They do have a good range. I ordered the tower pots x 2 and was told April delivery, now it's gone to May delivery. I know IW have had delivery problems in the past so we will see. They take the money right away as well, unlike QVC, so I've paid out quite a bit and do not have a delivery date. I will wait and see what happens.

CC

Latest posts

Back