Which brand ruined Tanya's skin?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The problem is, of course, that we can all react badly to different products just as we find some brands, and products within those brands, work better for us.

I bought the Sarah Chapman discovery kit to try recently, all in the name of research, you understand, I have used it twice and so far I am impressed!

I use the decleor Neroli/Hyrdra Floral and alternate with Iris/Excellence but when I got the Experience d'lage aromessence it is just too rich for my skin and made me blotchy.

I am going to say it was a brand sold on QVC. Why would she use other brands when she gets deals with QVC, I would say staff discounts etc.

Liz Earle English
Alpha H Ozzie
Elemis English
Philosophy US
Prescriptives US
Freeze 24 US
Gale Hayman US

So that leaves
Gatineau
L'Occitane
Decleor
Prai is it french?
SBC where does it come from?

Or is there some new brand launching on QVC which caused it?

Too much perfume

I use the decleor Neroli/Hyrdra Floral and alternate with Iris/Excellence but when I got the Experience d'lage aromessence it is just too rich for my skin and made me blotchy.

I have tried Decleor a few times. I had to send the last Decleor TSV back as the handcream did nothing for my hands except make them feel oily and tingle with thr perfume stuff in there.
The aromessence oil in neroli made my skin smart and go red. I have to add though that the Prolagene gel stuff is fine. I think its all the perfume that is causing reactions.
My skin is usually tough as old boots! I have no problems with any of the Alpha H stuff.
I will stick to the trilogy Rosehip oil which my skin seems to love.

did anyone hear ali young say that she had been trying an 'all in one' make up remover & after just 2 days she had to stop & revert back to her gatineau floracil eye make up remover....& wearing her specs......also same programme said she had jsut spent over £500 on products to test them.........i cant remember how she worded it but i took it that she had bought in the high st.............doing test on our behalf.......she thanked though bare escentuals to cover over the redness etc.........[ just thinking who pays for all that product !!!! ??? ]

Lol Ali Young paying for anything. Similar to beauty jounalists sure she gets plenty of freebies.

Anyway perhaps she used Tanya to test them then eh :D

did anyone hear ali young say that she had been trying an 'all in one' make up remover & after just 2 days she had to stop & revert back to her gatineau floracil eye make up remover....& wearing her specs......also same programme said she had jsut spent over £500 on products to test them.........i cant remember how she worded it but i took it that she had bought in the high st.............doing test on our behalf.......she thanked though bare escentuals to cover over the redness etc.........[ just thinking who pays for all that product !!!! ??? ]

she always moans about cleanser and eye make-up removers in one - she has come very close to hinting that she does not rate LE's c&p because it is an all-in-one, suggesting it is a budget product for those without enough knowledge and expertise to go for a more advanced product. I think floracil is fine, but hardly worth all the attention she gives it...i love the demo where they show that it "melts" mascara away, just by holding it on your lashes, so there is no tugging, no pulling...but i have found this is true of all eye make-up cleansers i have used!

This is the advantage of qvc - you can give them a try and send back if you react. It does appear that what suits one person is not good for another.

This is the advantage of qvc - you can give them a try and send back if you react. It does appear that what suits one person is not good for another.

Precisely. I daren't try the feted Gatineau Floricil because of the horrid reaction I had to their eye creams (containing horse chestnut, ivy extract and wheatgerm) , and I can't use Liz Earle because she uses products like geranium and wheatgerm oils to which I am very sensitive. I love the idea of he products, though.

I heard her say this - it was during the Clientele hour on Friday afternoon, I was a bit agog. £500 on skincare in one go, when a lot of us are struggling to make ends meet. But never mind, cos she was doing it 'for us' so we should be grateful I guess ;) . She reckons she was doing it to test out new ingredients/brands from the high street. :33:

A while back, I heard Julia Roberts say that she used Cleanse and Polish in a morning - and was shocked at how much eye make up residue there was left on her eyes from using Floracil. I thought 'wow - that's such a great advert for the product...':54:.

i bought floracil after all the hype but it made my eyes very sore and red and i do not even have sensitive skin. it also did not clean your eyes very well. i have yet to find a very gentle eye makeup remover that works well and is not expensive

i bought floracil after all the hype but it made my eyes very sore and red and i do not even have sensitive skin. it also did not clean your eyes very well. i have yet to find a very gentle eye makeup remover that works well and is not expensive

Hi mollyw have you tried the lorea'l eye makeup remover i use this and found it really good and its cheap and no rubbing on the eyes just the same concept as floracil but without the high price.And i do have sensitive skin and this fine on my eyes.

thanks cavegirl.....memory not what it was
my so called eye makeup remover is & i use estee lauders double wear [zero smudge] & its that alright ZERO & i find that my beloved purity & my micro fibre special face 'cloths' /mitts do a sterling job without stinging my sensitive eyes & remove all & i mean ALL the gunk & leave me squeeeeeeky clean
i do think she should not have said £500 as some people have not got that to live on for a month or more & are just watching for hints & tips....why now just say she buys high st items to test on our behalf.........come on ali we are not all married to a footie

I so agree with you, no more effective than using warm water, and yes the demo qvc does show it on the cotton wool pads BUT if you look then at the model she still has "mascare eyes"

I find LE eyebright very effective in removing my eye make-up. Just soak a cotton pad and gently press for a few secs, it's all on the pad just as in the floracil demo. Any traces left are completely removed by the cleanse and polish I use after.

I think a lot of eye make up remover comparisons are warped by the fact that some mascaras remove easier than others. I have really enjoyed some until I switched mascara and then it was hopeless. And no I am not talking waterproof, just different forumulas and how they remove.

Hi mollyw have you tried the lorea'l eye makeup remover i use this and found it really good and its cheap and no rubbing on the eyes just the same concept as floracil but without the high price.And i do have sensitive skin and this fine on my eyes.

The L'Oreal is my favourite too, for around a fiver. Works well on my waterproof mascara, it comes off onto the cotton wool pad just like their demo with Floracil.

Linda

I find LE eyebright very effective in removing my eye make-up. Just soak a cotton pad and gently press for a few secs, it's all on the pad just as in the floracil demo. Any traces left are completely removed by the cleanse and polish I use after.

Have to say I agree with you about Eyebright, it does work well on eye make up. However, after years of faffing around with all sorts of stuff I've just gone back to simply washing my face with a gentle soap and warm water which I really do feel for me is the only way I can be sure I've gotten rid of all my make up...no doubt Ali Young would be having a hissy fit if she was reading this now, but I don't care - I'm on a tight budget at the moment:53:and cannae be ersed mithering about.