Which brand ruined Tanya's skin?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Me too with L'Oreal :9:..it's even the same colour as floracil! I have also used Nivea eye make up remover...Wasn't at all impressed with Gatineau, would never pay the price for it. :53:

daydreamer

I personally love the floracil as long it is not waterproof mascara. I find it removes my mascara easily and is very soothing on the eyes. I also use it for bathing my eyes when I have sore eyes due to my hayfever/rhinitis. I also use eyebright to bathe them and that is also good.

The best I found for waterproof was the boots no 7 blue and the bottom and oil at the top which you shake together. But I do not wear waterproof now as think it is bad for your wrinkles if you have to rub around them to get it off too much.

i do think she should not have said £500 as some people have not got that to live on for a month or more & are just watching for hints & tips....why now just say she buys high st items to test on our behalf.........come on ali we are not all married to a footie

I didn't see any of this, but if she was testing on the viewers' behalf, I can't imagine she forked out £500 of her own money. No doubt an expense claim flew into QVC before the day was out!

I've temporarily given up on trying to find a skincare range that suits me. I've tried Clientele, and LE from qvc, neither gave me very impressive results, and both had a fairly unpleasant aroma. Tried the Victoria Principal range, again no improvement in the condition of my skin, and the eye make up remover/cleanser really stung your eyes. I've tried all the wonder cheapies...boots no.7 perfect and correct, Waitrose bottom butter, the Aldi one...again no results. So I now use simple moisturiser every morning, and remove my make up with Johnson's aloe vera baby wipes, which removes all make up including mascara effectively, and painlessly and it doesn't leave your skin like parchment either! ...RESULT!

I've temporarily given up on trying to find a skincare range that suits me. I've tried Clientele, and LE from qvc, neither gave me very impressive results, and both had a fairly unpleasant aroma. Tried the Victoria Principal range, again no improvement in the condition of my skin, and the eye make up remover/cleanser really stung your eyes. I've tried all the wonder cheapies...boots no.7 perfect and correct, Waitrose bottom butter, the Aldi one...again no results. So I now use simple moisturiser every morning, and remove my make up with Johnson's aloe vera baby wipes, which removes all make up including mascara effectively, and painlessly and it doesn't leave your skin like parchment either! ...RESULT!

Simple Eye Make up Remover is very good too.

The first time i used LE it brought me out in spots and i stopped using it, i went back to it a few times with the same results and had all but given up but one day I was speaking with the lady at the Decleor counter, i was buying neroli oil and she told me to persevere for a few weeks to get by the breakout stage as my skin would settle down.

It did and ever since my skin has been in great condition

Just wanted to say to anyone getting breakouts after starting a new range that sometimes giving it a few extra weeks can pay off x

I can't use floracil or eyebright - I would love to soak cotton pads and place them on my eyes but both these make my skin tingle - will have to try some of the ones recommended.

FWIW those of us, myself included who have problems with stinging eye makeup removers that leave us with red sore lids, the culprit is very likely the preservative and/or the detergent. I am very allergic to benzalkonium chloride which is in a lot of products. My solution is the LaRoche Posay Toleriane eye makeup remover which is preservative free and comes in 30 ampules. The only product in the range I can use and I find it to be excellent. :64:

Last edited:
Vampyre have you tried making your own natural remover?

Never tried it but seen this recipe around a lot so may be worth a try:

1 tablespoon castor oil
1 tablespoon light olive oil
2 teaspoons canola oil

Vampyre have you tried making your own natural remover?

Never tried it but seen this recipe around a lot so may be worth a try:

1 tablespoon castor oil
1 tablespoon light olive oil
2 teaspoons canola oil

I have seen a few recipes similar to that myself and am curious about how it would work. I know oils are very efficient for removing eye makeup and cleansing in general (I use clean energy oil from origins and it rocks)but I find my eyelids puff after using oils or the bi phasic removers so I like the feeling of the LaRoche Posay product and in summer I chill some of the vials just to use to clean up my watery hay fever eyes.:64:

I personally love the floracil as long it is not waterproof mascara. I find it removes my mascara easily and is very soothing on the eyes. I also use it for bathing my eyes when I have sore eyes due to my hayfever/rhinitis. I also use eyebright to bathe them and that is also good.

The best I found for waterproof was the boots no 7 blue and the bottom and oil at the top which you shake together. But I do not wear waterproof now as think it is bad for your wrinkles if you have to rub around them to get it off too much.

Everytime Boots gives out those vouchers for £5 off something in their range, I get the No7 remover. The sa told me its the same as the expensive one from Lancome. Some brands of mascara not marked as waterproof are damn hard to get off, the Boots one does it. I am using a brand by Ricaud they owned by the Yves Rocher people, bought them on offer and they are very gentle. I keep my eyemakup remover in the fridge.