Where have all the Electronic TSV's gone

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

yorkrose26

Registered Shopper
I know I have stated in previous posts that I rarely purchase from QVC, but I did like the Electronic TSV's to learn the latest information (then if intrigued enough would purchase elsewhere), but they seem to have all but disappeared. You get endless repeats of repeats (the same hours), on Q Extra, but no new live TSV's, thus then the compendium hours.
Does anyone have ideas why there is this dearth of Electronics, is it going the same way as craft? I have noticed that they have been a glut of Dyson TSV's recently, they had better be careful otherwise they will be going the same way as Ideal World!

qvc are not great anymore they cant keep up with the high street on price and quality. when you go in john lewis and see the array of stuff you can try out and see qvc cant compete

Which is why they keep shoving these odd fashions into our faces. At least you can't get them anywhere else even if you did want them so they can charge what they like.

qvc are not great anymore they cant keep up with the high street on price and quality. when you go in john lewis and see the array of stuff you can try out and see qvc cant compete

John Lewis quite often give extra warranty. We had 5 years on our TV plus free delivery. We are looking for a new tablet and their prices are good plus you get at least 2 years warranty.

I agree with boffy and peppermint patty. I avoided John Lewis for years thinking they were expensive. Now I would only buy electrical equipment from them or Lakeland or my local electrical shop, because of guarantees, or help with servicing problems. To be fair, QVC is good for refunds on electrical equipment which breaks down, as long as it does it within 12 months. JL is 5 years and Lakeland is for ever, presuming the customer is reasonable, I suppose.

I had three Vax which were downright dangerous from QVC. I got refunded, but was terrified when one went up in flames. Without giving names, someone in the electrical trade told me to avoid Vax as they are so poorly made, and yet Q continue to sell them.

Sorry, I meant to add, but got distracted....

They probably don't sell as many electronic things on QVC because they concentrated on cheaper and less reliable brands, got many returns, and found that people preferred to shop elsewhere for better quality, at similar prices to what Q was charging for less well made brands.

I also buy all electrical including pc's from JL too. If there's a problem I prefer to speak to a human I can see, not a voice on the phone telling me to 'hold on' until they've checked with a supervisor.

I wouldn't buy 'large' items either from Q. Last year I bought a patio umbrella with winding gear from a family garden centre a mile from me. A few weeks ago it collapsed - a bolt had come loose. I immediately went to the garden centre, and within an hour someone came and installed a new one and took away the damaged one which had to be returned to the manufacturer. Sometimes it pays to buy 'local'. I dread to think of all the hoops I'd be jumping through if this had occurred with Q !!

I know I have stated in previous posts that I rarely purchase from QVC, but I did like the Electronic TSV's to learn the latest information (then if intrigued enough would purchase elsewhere), but they seem to have all but disappeared. You get endless repeats of repeats (the same hours), on Q Extra, but no new live TSV's, thus then the compendium hours.
Does anyone have ideas why there is this dearth of Electronics, is it going the same way as craft? I have noticed that they have been a glut of Dyson TSV's recently, they had better be careful otherwise they will be going the same way as Ideal World!

You're so right! Next Dyson TSV 29th August. The one after that is 3rd September... The one after that is 19th September :mysmilie_490:

All this talk about JL and Lakeland is making me jealous.

Plymouth, the largest city in the southwest, is considered too downmarket for JL and Lakeland to move there, also Waitrose.

Exeter, 1/2 the size of Plymouth, gets all these, and IKEA is coming as well. But it is about 45 miles away, and no motorway to get there, and the trains can only run at 60 MPH. In fact, the train takes an hour to get there, via the infamous Dawlish sea wall. Perhaps that's another reason they won't come here.

But I do have a Lidl.

Plymouth, the largest city in the southwest, is considered too downmarket for JL and Lakeland to move there, also Waitrose.

Exeter, 1/2 the size of Plymouth, gets all these, and IKEA is coming as well. But it is about 45 miles away, and no motorway to get there, and the trains can only run at 60 MPH. In fact, the train takes an hour to get there, via the infamous Dawlish sea wall. Perhaps that's another reason they won't come here.

But I do have a Lidl.

When I first started shopping with Lakeland it was by mail order - no Lakeland shops at all outside of one or two in the North West. Right from the start, though, I was impressed by the imagination of the range they offered, and their customer service. I never hesitate to recommend them to people. They read and interact with the negative reviews on their products. When they post that they will be in touch with you to resolve a problem cited in a review - they really mean it.

With John Lewis - obviously the department store experience is difficult to replicate on line (their website is excellent, but doesn't show all of their products and departments) - but I've found when I wanted to buy electricals, in the past, I would get a price from another retailer and then ring JL - they would normally match the price or better. They don't do that with all the internet retailers - but on the high street, yes. I would assume they would at least deliver to Plymouth, even if they don't have a shop there.

I get the opposite problem where I live. There's a Lidl, but not easily accessible, and no Aldi.

But I do have a Lidl.

i live in exeter & its completely & utterly wierd that they consider plymouth too down market for them

Same goes for Brighton - it's always baffled me that we don't have JL, Ikea and other "big box" stores. They're finally beginning to appear now but for years it meant driving to Croydon if you needed anything from these sorts of places. For white goods I recommend AO.

What about the No No and other electronic beauty products.No No seems to be a very regular TSV.

Ohhhhh the dreaded NoNo. Every magazine and daily paper has an advert for that sodding gadget. The publicity budget for that product must be bigger than Coca Cola !

Ohhhhh the dreaded NoNo. Every magazine and daily paper has an advert for that sodding gadget. The publicity budget for that product must be bigger than Coca Cola !

Notice they never print a price though, suppose you have to ring up and listen to their spiel!

You make good points Miss Grumpy!

Sorry, I meant to add, but got distracted....

They probably don't sell as many electronic things on QVC because they concentrated on cheaper and less reliable brands, got many returns, and found that people preferred to shop elsewhere for better quality, at similar prices to what Q was charging for less well made brands.

Actually yes, I can relate to this, as I said in my initial post, I only watch to then buy cheaper elsewhere, I suppose if a lot of people were doing that then QVC were not able to get the discounts it may possibly be able to on its beauty products for example, thus it the big named brands are not being as actively promoted. I mean after all the likes of Samsung, Sony etc do not really need QVC in their lives to sell the products, also I saw Craig Rowe selling a Samsung telly and saying that he had not been able to find the item cheaper anywhere, I did a very quick search and found it at least £200 cheaper at the 'South American River' website. I know all are paid to say that they are can't find the product cheaper anywhere else, but I think in all honesty the only favoured partnered link is with Lenovo, and that is because Lee Hobain is reasonably good at his job. Even when they are long term partnered brands such as HP, the price for them is still only a smidgen under the RRP, now even if they only sell 15 or so of an item when a product is being demo'ed then surely this is going to be more than your average shop sells in a week, so surely they can broker better deals?
Sorry I am rambling now, but I miss the info, so I can keep clued up and buy elsewhere.

I also buy my electrical goods from John Lewis. I moved 18 months ago and decided to completely re-furnish as most of the things I had were at least second hand - and I was very grateful for them at the time. Practically everything I bought, furniture, electricals etc, came from John Lewis. The few items I bought elsewhere (not QVC) caused me a huge amount of grief with delivery and damage. It took me 3 months to get it sorted and it was the last thing I needed at the time. So stressful.

Latest posts

Back