When you send parcels back....

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

rainbowdottie

Registered Shopper
how do you send them?
I've always sent them first or second class recorded.
I sent my Kipling TSV back yesterday ~ I really disliked the colour.
I actually read the slip and it states you only need proof of posting.unless its worth over £200 send it insured.Now I don't class recorded as insured..but thats how I've done it.
But I sent it back normal post at half the cost,and they've received it today!!

I always send things back second class postage, and ask for proof of postage, and never
had a problem. Its the way they send them to me, so i do it the same back. I only send
back recorded delivery , if it was something valueable. You must have been out a fortune
RD, and hope you got your post and package refunded also :hi:

I always send them second class. Especially as they told me, I think, that it is the day you post them that has to be within your 30 days rather than the day they get them. I could be wrong about that but I think that is what customer services said.

Depends what it is if it's valuable it goes recorded but I normally send most things back as 2nd class signed, for that way if necessary I can track it and I figure because it's got to be signed for it's less likely to go astray, it costs a bit more than normal postage but is a lot cheaper than recorded.

RD Thats handy to know about not needing proof of return unless over £200. I usually send 2nd class postage too and thankfully not had a problem, but often wondered 'what if?' I think Im due 'the letter' soon though as I seem to have sent a lot back lately, including a coat that wouldnt zip up on me and an eyecream that really irrated my eyes.

Isn't signed for and recorded the same service (ish??) I always thought to get something recorded delivery,I believed I was only paying an extra 90p ish on top - and although you can't track it -it does need a signature at its destination? Maybe not then? as what I seemed to pay the other day was far less than I would ordinarily pay?

RD Thats handy to know about not needing proof of return unless over £200. I usually send 2nd class postage too and thankfully not had a problem, but often wondered 'what if?' I think Im due 'the letter' soon though as I seem to have sent a lot back lately, including a coat that wouldnt zip up on me and an eyecream that really irrated my eyes.

I read it that you do need proof of return unless its over £200 and then you must use a service that insures it.However proof of postage in my recent case is in the form of a receipt!!

I hope you don't get The Letter

Isn't signed for and recorded the same service (ish??) I always thought to get something recorded delivery,I believed I was only paying an extra 90p ish on top - and although you can't track it -it does need a signature at its destination? Maybe not then? as what I seemed to pay the other day was far less than I would ordinarily pay?

A signed for item has a tracking number but it's not insured which is why it's cheaper than recorded

I know I'm like a broken record but if you find you have 4 or more things to return ask your PO about ParcelForce consignment, usually costs about £11-£12 for any number of parcels going to the same address. There is a total weigh limit but I've sent 9 parcels this way and it's still less than £13. Each parcel, if sent by 2nd class recorded would be £3.15 (£2.20 with just proof of posting) however PF consignment is a fully tracked service guaranteed to arrive in 48 hours so is more akin to RM Special delivery. The trouble with recorded delivery it only shows you it has been signed for at the destination (or not), it won't tell you where your parcel is en route. QVC are pretty good and will still refund if your package is lost in transit provided you have a proof of posting ot RD receipt. But if, like me, you're shopping bulimic, save your returns until you have 4 or more and they'll go as cheaply as £3 each but will arrive within 2 days and are trackable and insured. Combine this with cancelling under the DSR and returns aren't quite so expensive.

My defence, if they send me the Letter (again) is that I'm exercising at Statutory right to cancel, which can't be limited by contract terms. They still might chuck me out but they still make plenty from me, in spite of return

Jude xx

Last edited:
I read it that you do need proof of return unless its over £200 and then you must use a service that insures it.However proof of postage in my recent case is in the form of a receipt!!

I hope you don't get The Letter

Ah right, I see, will bear this in mind. My post office usually give me a receipt when I post something.
Hope I dont get the letter, I've been a customer since day one and have bought and kept loads, only returning when really necessary.

Recorded Delivery only covers up to £46 just the same as ordinary 1st or 2nd postage.

Recorded Delivery only covers up to £46 just the same as ordinary 1st or 2nd postage.
Sazza does this mean that if I get a proof of postage from the PO that I can claim up to £46 if the item is posted first or second class?

Yes!

Akimbo - Finally, a diagnosis! ShoppingBulimic, That'sMe! :wink: :heart: x Snarly S.B.

Sazza does this mean that if I get a proof of postage from the PO that I can claim up to £46 if the item is posted first or second class?

Yes £46 is the maximum you can claim but not jewellery it has to be sent Special Delivery.

I send back 2nd class with 'proof of postage' slip, as I decide fairly quickly whether to keep something or not.If I order beauty items, like L'Occcitane etc. I accept that I will keep them as they can be very heavy & expensive to return ( but I order less of these things now) I once decided to order a Lulu G bag & when it arrived although very nice I felt I could not justify the cost.The return was very expensive because of the value of the item--so never again!They do make a great deal of the 30 day MBG but it does cost & with postage costs now!

I always use second class post and just keep the receipt as proof of posting. A few things have gone missing but I have been refunded without any problem as long as I send them a photocopy of the postage receipt.

Latest posts

Back