What's the Gossip?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The best is: when they are showing a really naff item they say you must get on the phone now as it will sell out - like anyone would actually buy the item??

You can even see the presenters trying hard to get enthusiasm for some awful items - and failing miserably.

We all "jump" to the phones..no skipping or hopping please.

If you buy a certain brand of clothing you loose the power of speech and are only able to commiunicate by "quacking"!

Simon Wilson thinks large is a size 14..

Liz Earle looks as rough as the rest of us without her "special lighting"!!!

That kathy taylor couldnt string a sentence together if her life depended on it,without uttering urm ahh errr.

Glen campbell thinks that every colour is the in colour for the season

Ophra winfrey uses hope in jar,she stood up and showed the audience what has made her skin that way,she never had a facelift.

Craig rowes contract is nearly up,the big question is will he be staying??

WELCOME to the forum

Hi Mystery -

...that all non-drivers should make a 'considered' purchase of a car. Not for driving, but for storing handcreams in the glovebox...

Alexis from L'Occitane wore Rose perfume on her wedding day, Alison Young used Models Prefer powder on hers, Anne Dawson has a massive carbon footprint because she adores Italy, Alison Keenan has a vast collection of diamonds and a daughter called Lucy with skin like alabaster, Julia has a plum sapphire ring and black flip-flops, is not married and has a daughter called Sophie who is in a pop group, Anthony has a photographic studio and takes interesting photos of interesting models and.....oh yes....... Craig is from Bristol

Renee the pouty model has an interesting portfolio.
There is an old model who resembles Michael Jackson with the ridiculous name of " Tiffany Suchard":11:
Claudia hasn't a clue what to do with her hair.

QVC fashion is a must and so 'on trend' but how many presenters would really wear the heavily embellished (Indigo Moon), super stretchy (Kim & Co) or fun (Quaker) in real life ?
Beware, cos if you watch enough you WILL be brain washed into thinking
a) you need 1000 beauty products, when in fact your skin was perfectly OK before you spent a gazillion pounds :53: on all this stuff !
b) buy a fabulous piece of fitness equipment that you now use as a clothes stand or dust gatherer
c) buy nail varnish when you don't even wear the stuff

oh and Julia Roberts practically fall over backwards when Simon Wilson is on (in her black flip flops of course !)

But we wouldn't be without 'em, hey folks !?

:18::18:

Thanks Guys for the warm welcome! Love the gossip! Love watching QVC. Beauty progs are my favourite but sometimes I switch off cos of Alison Young's screechy voice! Also trying to avoid them at the moment so I don't spend too much. I never watch the jewellery programmes but watch the fashion for a laugh sometimes - it makes me realise my own wardrobe ain't so bad after all! Used to watch DIY just to lust after Orlando but Simon said last Sunday that he's taking time off to be with his family - lucky them. Do you think he'll come back or perhaps they didn't have the heart to tell us he's gone for good so as not to have wailing females throwing themselves under trucks?! Won't be watching DIY until he comes back!

QVC fashion is a must and so 'on trend' but how many presenters would really wear the heavily embellished (Indigo Moon), super stretchy (Kim & Co) or fun (Quaker) in real life ?
Beware, cos if you watch enough you WILL be brain washed into thinking
a) you need 1000 beauty products, when in fact your skin was perfectly OK before you spent a gazillion pounds :53: on all this stuff !
b) buy a fabulous piece of fitness equipment that you now use as a clothes stand or dust gatherer
c) buy nail varnish when you don't even wear the stuff

oh and Julia Roberts practically fall over backwards when Simon Wilson is on (in her black flip flops of course !)

But we wouldn't be without 'em, hey folks !?

Does anyone else find Kim (from Kim & Co) irritating to listen to? and the stuff those clothes are made from reminds me of a slightly more up market version of the infamous 'Slinky' stuff on Ideal World. The presenters are always saying how it skims the body, surely if it's stretchy stuff it would cling?

Does anyone else find Kim (from Kim & Co) irritating to listen to? and the stuff those clothes are made from reminds me of a slightly more up market version of the infamous 'Slinky' stuff on Ideal World. The presenters are always saying how it skims the body, surely if it's stretchy stuff it would cling?

I find Kim's voice too high pitched and she barely pauses for breath when she is in full flow. I have to watch something else when she is on, the clothes are not for me and too expensive for what they are.

Unfortunately, that means that money i've saved on clothes goes on make up (am running out of hiding places for my stash :1:

In every Kim & Co hour they say how flattering this fabric is & how it "skims the body" & "doesn't cling". Not to mention "size is a non-issue"! I've never ordered so I wouldn't know, BUT if you're watching a Slim'n'Lift presentation I'm sure the clothes that they often show as "really unforgiving fabric" that "shows every lump & bump" are Kim & Co!:31: Hmmmm....

Oh, & yes Kim is quite weird to listen to... It's a strange lilting intonation that's all over the place combined with no pausing for breath ever! I'll be generous & just assume she's very excited about her clothing...

kim and co

i think kim mendleson has been on to a good thing for many years and the people of the uk, germany and canada have paid for her lovely surroundings and lavish lifestyle by buying these terrible clothes . IMO they are getting worse each trip and seen as she is pre programmed with the same lines to use on each visit she will eventually convince people to buy her over priced acetate clothes . she is able to charge more than other slinky manufacturers because she uses the "designer" card and also the items ard "made in canada" so exotic !!!

IMO she has no personality ! what do we know about her ? nothing only what she is pre programmed to say over and over and over again. this is not helped when some of the FAKE presenters JR + SG +CH go into overdrive and start to talk as though the viewers are simple , with statments like " size is a non issue " please , try getting a size 30 lady into an apple green size small jump siut and then say size is not an issue. ( large size so know how it feels )

finally are they all drunk when the the prints are created for the clothes ? german designs are even worse , makes michele hope look like a top international designer not some one peddeling over priced stretchy net curtins and skirts that look like bits of left over rags that have been stitched together . i will leave indigo moon for another occasion because the post is long enough and i have alot to say. rant over

QVC cop on and stop with this over priced tat ! :mad::mad::mad:

You lot are just soooo funny. You should be on a radio comedy programme - there used to be where they took the piss out of the Sunday papers and it was really good.

Thanks for giving me such a laugh on a busy Monday!

Where do they get the t callers from who say they have wardrobes full of this tat???

I thought I must be the only one who thought the 'on trend fashion' they sold was crap until i found this forum.

So if we all think it is awful who is buying it???:11:

i will leave indigo moon for another occasion because the post is long enough and i have alot to say. rant over

QVC cop on and stop with this over priced tat ! :mad::mad::mad:

I am more than a little doubtful as to the origins of Indigo Moon as the labels I have seen say 'Made In India' - which suggests that the beadwork etc is being done on the cheap. They had - until recently - a range called 'Amarje' which were also heavily decorated, a friend sent for a top and when it came it had the same 'Indigo Moon, I'm your garment, treat me nice etc' ticket in it & was again made in India. We looked up the two brands and they are both owned (along with a few others) by the one parent company!:54:
And what's with that Kirks Folly woman selling jewellery and blowing FAIRY DUST all over the place, how on earth do the presenters sit there with a straight face endorsing these items................

Latest posts

Back