what's the best and worst thing you have bought from QVC?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

medusa

Registered Shopper
Worst has to be the hair removal buffing pads that were a TSV, the damn things took a layer of skin off both my legs and left me burnt and incredibly sore for days afterwards.

Best sadly is my shark steam mop. I love it, so fast and easy and no more faffing around filling and emptying buckets or using cleaners, it makes cleaning the kitchen floor and living room laminate an absolute breeze, all done in about 5 minutes.

Best ~ It Works cleaning blocks and one of the cheapest buys too.

Worst ~ various bits of keep fit toture contraptions that got stored under the bed and then given away, oh and a tall plastic container thingy that was meant to cook pasta super quick, that got binned. Don't know why I bothered really cos keep fit and cooking are my two pet hates. :doh:

Best: Laura Geller Ethereal Rose blush, always love wearing it.

Worst: Microfibre towels, no matter how many times you rubbed it just spread water over your skin, never dried. Weird horrible texture but didn't have the sense to return them!

Best..practical...Gtech sweeper which gets used daily.
pretty....4 Tiffany lamps which I love.

Worst...another vote for the manky microfibre towels plus the stainless steel Zilo smellkillers ( which didn't ).

Best - My Tignanello Handbags :mysmilie_14:
Worst - Arcos Hard drive - bought it years ago and wasn't worth the price.

Worst - cylinder cheese grating containers, 2 of them! cheese needed to be rock hard to grate
Best - cook's essentials Stainless 2 Piece Everyday Pan Set with Magnetic Trivet, you don't need oil or
fat to fry

Best ~ It Works cleaning blocks and one of the cheapest buys too.

Worst ~ various bits of keep fit toture contraptions that got stored under the bed and then given away, oh and a tall plastic container thingy that was meant to cook pasta super quick, that got binned. Don't know why I bothered really cos keep fit and cooking are my two pet hates. :doh:

My worst was one of those pasta cooking things too. useless. HOWEVER my other half uses it every day to make this disgusting chrysanthemum tea/infusion/concoction that is supposed to be good for reducing high blood pressure.

Best. Frankly, there are too many to list! Really.

best things,molton brown tsvs, always good value
microplane foot thing,love it and wouldnt be without it
l'occitane foot and hand cream,great

worst thing,cheap looking dress by Ronni Nicole
yogurt maker,not bad,just doesnt get used !!

Worst to my shame has to be a Kim N Co outfit I brought years ago & paraded out in. That has since gone in the charity bag as now far too big as lost a load of weight:happy:

I have had lots of good buys TBH. I think the Bose sound dock has to be the number one. They did it at a brilliant price. Even better than at the designer outlet.

When I was unwell a few Christmasses ago QVC was a bit of a life saver for me as could not be hassled to fight it out in the shops.

Best... Beauty - Molton Brown, L'occitane, Decleor, Mally and some Laura Geller.

Other Stuff - K & Co, Anna Griffin, and Martha Stewart Craft Products. Yankee Candles.

Worst... Beauty - Gatineau throat & neck cream, it caused me to have a terrible breakout, which
ended up with several visits to GP, and the cost of three prescriptions for medication.

Other Stuff - A pilates machine which cost £350 quid!! I can't get down on it to use it!! LOL!!
The very first Arcos brought to QVC. It was very expensive, weighed a ton and the hard
drive locked up all the time, so I binned it. Useless wash balls. Endless cleaning products, all
supposed to have magic cleaning powers.... every one completely useless. Silly mops!!
I could go on forever. As you an see I'm a QVC sucker. LOL!!

Best...that's how I see 90% of my purchases. If I had to single one out, that would be the microplane file.

Worst...definitely the microfibre towels, which were binned.

Best is definitely my Samsung NC10 netbook, which is used for several hours everyday and comes on holiday with me.

Worst - the first Aiptek cheap and cheerful camcorder for about £65. It wasn't bad but the battery life was rubbish (AA type batteries and lasted about 10 mins ). BUT what really annoyed me was that they introduced an IMPROVED model within a couple of months with a rechargable battery and then continued to produce more updated models over the next 18 months. I don't expect technology to stand still but it's obvious that they already had the later models in the pipeline when they introduced the original. I hate to be duped like that.

Best thing - Northern nights flannelette bedding (Sad!! I am). The worst thing may be the Nono thermicon I have just received.

Best - NN feather bed, GHD wide barrel straighteners, Ojon, Skagen watch, Samsung telly

Worst - Mojave Magic make up (remember that?), Models Prefer make up and a cheap looking Diamoneek watch

:mysmilie_61: one of my best is the microfibre towels!!! I have 6 which are still going strong - secret is wash without fabric conditioner and don't rub dry with them, pat or blot - or just wrap yourself in up them.

but top of the list for me would be Laura Geller Balance & Brighten, closely followed by most of the LG, Mally and Smashbox TSVs.

Had lots of gorgeous jewellery too, far too much to detail :blush:

Worst:
Centigrade coat that looked like a tramp & his dog had been sleeping on it, was also about 3 sizes too big.
Slim & lift big knickers that nearly crippled me, just getting the things on was a task in itself.
Have wasted money on some daft gizmos and gadgets which I can't even remember now but a lot of them are still gathering dust in my spare room.

Heavens yes the cleaning stuff. My husband has had a good old moan about that.

Years ago I brought a plug in ice bucket for a ridiculous price of about £80 . I thought I was SO clever & proudly showed it off to husband the day it arrived which was the Saturday before Christmas. He was horrified. Later that day when shopping we saw the same one for about £30. Needless to say it hot footed it back to QVC.

I do love my Decleor, Gatineau, Ojon etc. I wonder if AY gets commission because she has earnt a whack off me I can tell you.:sweat:

Yankee candles are great as well.

Last edited:
Best - Michael Maron (Mojave Magic) make up brushes, still using after 7 years and still like new
G Tech sweeper
Alpha H Absolute Eye Complex
Click Free back up thingy.

Worst - the Bare Escentuals brushes I had with the TSV, they lose hairs every time I use them.
MOP shampoo - made my hair feel like straw, went back after one use,
A blimmin' awful sugaring kit, supposed to be easy peasy to use, but wasn't, just got into an awful mess, that also went back after one use.

Also love Easi Yo, but didn't get it from QVC, so doesn't count.....

Best are Laura Geller Spackle and Ethereal Rose Powder. Also a dinky little set of sterling silver and marcasite stack rings which I wear every day without fail, had them years and they have never tarnished and look good as new.

Worst was a DIY Electrolysis kit - which fell to bits and didn't work properly, thus rendering me still a hairy mary, but a poorer one. Dreadful.

Latest posts

Back