Whats happened to the picture quality on QVC

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

deanos

Registered Shopper
Turned on today and the picture quality is terrible, seems a bit out of focus and a bit sort of slow motion, hard to describe but it does not look right

Anyone else having this problem ?

Watching on Sky HD box

I am watching on Virgin (old telly) and it looks very close up......like I am looking through a magnifying glass, when they zoomed in on Julias ear for a close up of an earring, I felt like I was going caving......:grin:

Watching via virgin & agree its not their normal output. It reminds me when (years ago) i used to watch Casualty and changed the way they filmed & instead of using tv cameras, they started using 'movie' cameras & they gave that odd effect. From what i remember they changed back as no-one liked the effect.
Looks very American if tou know what i mean.

Same on my Sky HD box - it's like watching via Q Active. I would say I've seen other channels like this so I'm not sure it's QVC's fault of just an occasional fault with the relay of the signal. I've pointed it out to Mr Akimbo on This Morning and also on BBC1 HD.

Unless it's a cunning plan to make the transmission from the new studio seem so much better!

Jude xx

I've just logged on to ask the same! Catching the repeat whilst I get dressed. It's very 'film' like isn't it? I thought it may be HD as am watching on my small, basic tv. Wonder what it is?!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

It looks like a recording but its not if you know what I mean. Really weird ! Hope they are not going to keep this up as its quite off putting.

Maybe they did it on purpose to make it look super shiny when they switch to the new studio shots.

The 'live' hour from the new studio this morning looks fine. Perhaps the repeats of last night's midnight to 2am hours were on a different type of broadcast due to the move? It looked a bit like the quality you get on the QVC Beauty channel.

I put it on this morning and thought the same.

Maybe it was pre-recorded last night so as to enable them to move whilst still appearing to be 'live'. I only watched for five mins as I was getting ready for work so if there were proper 'live' bits (phone calls etc) I apologise as then I would obviously be wrong.

The 'live' hour from the new studio this morning looks fine. Perhaps the repeats of last night's midnight to 2am hours were on a different type of broadcast due to the move? It looked a bit like the quality you get on the QVC Beauty channel.

I can never watch the QVC beauty channel as the quality is pants!!

I watched the repeat this morning and it was horrible quality, very soft focus but not in a good way and seemed to me like it was a bit slow motion as well, and what was all that nonsense about the blue jacket?? :dull: I have a theory that Miss Piggy is horrified about how she looks in HD and insisted on the old vaseline/black gauze over the camera lens trick and was trying to recreate that first broadcast donkeys years ago when she was young and bagless. I'm sure she was desperate for one of her sycophants to call in and gush 'Oh Julia you don't look a day older than you did on your first broadcast and I see the blue jacket STILL fits you!! How marvellous, you look absolutely wonderful'!! blah blah blah :sleepy: Sadly it didn't work but at least she had resisted the urge to get her t*ts out. :dull:

Latest posts

Back