What's going on with all this free P&P then?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

BurlyBeaR

Registered Shopper
I haven't been watching much over the last few days but from what i saw up until then and reading the threads on here there seems to be an unprecedented amount of free P&P offers on at the moment. These used to be once in a blue moon but now they are in nearly every show. As well as the odd "P&P included" offers.

Progress?
Damage limitation?
Experimentation?
Are we on the cusp of something changing?

What do you think is going on?

I think its a realisation of what we've been saying all along. They are not as untouchable. as they once thought Their once loyal customers are shopping around and finding things cheaper.
Whatever the reason long may it continue.

I'd say that's the case, Frazzled. I suspect every retailer (online and the 'dreaded high street') will be trying to squeeze every last penny out of us this year. My family and I have decided to do without this year in an effort to save a few pounds. I'm in the middle of a house move, one son is temporarily in Australia, the older son and his wife are trying to save for a deposit, one daughter is only working part-time and my parents are feeling the pinch too. Exchanging gifts is a lovely gesture, but becomes a nightmare when we're all a bit strapped for cash. Buy one, get one free and no P&P might just tempt me!! And do you think the lack of P&P will extend to the new year??

Obviously the effect of online stores like Amazon offering free p & p and as someone said dwindling sales as customers are going elsewhere.

The recession is hitting some families quite hard and people are just not spending so much this year.
Maybe this accounts for Debbie Flint and her pushy hard sell?

Making up for it on other items, £20 to deliver a tv - what is that all about?

But - - - - QUOTE - - - - you can hang it on your wall, and watch it all over Xmas, and return by 25th January, all for £20 (they will collect it).

This is so much cheaper than renting one.

I haven't been watching much over the last few days but from what i saw up until then and reading the threads on here there seems to be an unprecedented amount of free P&P offers on at the moment. These used to be once in a blue moon but now they are in nearly every show. As well as the odd "P&P included" offers.

Progress?
Damage limitation?
Experimentation?
Are we on the cusp of something changing?

What do you think is going on?
Could be a mix of some of the above and also, they are being realistic.......no retailer is immune to the recession. Woolsworth gone and many Comet shops closing down should make other retailers take note.
QVC is taking note of this forum (or they should if they have any sense). We are a percentage of the shoppers and QVC should realise that there are other online competitors out there like Amazon and if they don't change, they(QVC) will be losing out custom.
If they have such big buying power like they say, they should make use of it to bring us some good bargains.
One of their selling power was easy pays, I noticed that some other shopping channels are offering flexi pays and also good bargains.

I'm an old cynic and I think the p&p has been factored into prices, all smoke and mirrors if you ask me.

Desperation I reckon. Sales have plummeted.
The new website also has a lot to answer for

Maybe free P&P because everything I've seen when I've turned on over the last few days has been horribly expensive. There's been a TSV around the £60 mark and then I just looked on their web site and the OTO is over £60. I used to buy loads of stuff coming up to Christmas, especially TSVs but not now. Maybe they are changing to try and attract the more wealthy customer, however, I can't see that. Lot's of people associate TV shopping with cheap and nasty and let's face it, some of it is.

CC

Maybe free P&P because everything I've seen when I've turned on over the last few days has been horribly expensive. There's been a TSV around the £60 mark and then I just looked on their web site and the OTO is over £60. I used to buy loads of stuff coming up to Christmas, especially TSVs but not now. Maybe they are changing to try and attract the more wealthy customer, however, I can't see that. Lot's of people associate TV shopping with cheap and nasty and let's face it, some of it is.

CC

hmmm, it looks cheap and nasty (thinking fashion) but is actually expensive.

Latest posts

Back