What works?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Rozzy

Registered Shopper
Apparently, we all fall for the hype of the beauty shows or tv adverts in relation to skincare, but I was wondering.Have any of you seen actual positive results in face/eye creams?
Have you looked in the mirror one day, used a cream for a few weeks and then really noticed a difference in those lines and wrinkles or dark circles?
They all claim to do it and we all have our favourites but which ones really, really work? (including High Street ones):talking:

the only thing ive found that hides/helps dark circles is concealer lol
ive noticed a small difference in them since useing a'kin rosehip oil around my eyes but its nothing to shout about

There are lots & lots of things I enjoy using & that are excellent for maintenance for example but I have only found a tiny handful that have made an actual real, positive difference to my appearance & they are:

Gatineau Melatogenine Futur Plus Eye Cream - improves the appearance of the bags under my eyes quite a bit & the difference is horribly obvious if I stop using it!

Gatineau DefiLift Redefining Serum - it really does help lift & contour the face & again, I notice the difference if I ever stop using it!

That's it really, if we're just talking about face/eye creams! :flower:

I requested a sample of LE superskin concentrate with my last order and saw an improvement in the texture of my skin from the first application. I'm still using the sample, but will definitely buy the full size when I run out as it really has made a visible difference to how my face looks and feels. No such luck where dark circles are concerned yet...

I found Korres products really seem to brighten my skin BUT I've only had comments on how good my skin looks since I started using A'kin Cellular Radiance Serum, plus the Rose De Mai and Lavender & Rose creams (alongside the Rose & Geranium cleanser). I don't think they have any real anti-aging properties (I use sunscreen for that) but the condition / clarity of my skin is a lot better than it was.

As for dark circles, I am still on the look out for something that will rid me of mine. I am prone to allergies (hayfever, general bunged up nose /watrery eyes etc all yr round)and I notice that they get darker/puffier as I get more congested and sinus infection kicks in. The only think that has removed them in antibiotics (to clear up infection) but then I get congested again a few weeks later and they appear again. REALLY annoys me. Mind you, probably doesnt' help that I haven't had a decent/full nights sleep for over a month ....!

As for dark circles, I am still on the look out for something that will rid me of mine. I am prone to allergies (hayfever, general bunged up nose /watrery eyes etc all yr round)and I notice that they get darker/puffier as I get more congested and sinus infection kicks in. The only think that has removed them in antibiotics (to clear up infection) but then I get congested again a few weeks later and they appear again. REALLY annoys me. Mind you, probably doesnt' help that I haven't had a decent/full nights sleep for over a month ....!

join the club cupcake, no sleep + sinus problems = horible dark circles, there is no miricle cure is there :sad:

I started using Aveeno positively radiant day cream spf 30 a few years ago and noticed that gradually it has brightened and evened out my skin tone quite a bit. I can't get it in the UK so have to get it from a well known auction site :wave2:. It has soy extract hence the brightening of my skin tone, it's light despite having SPF30, just the perfect day cream really! Wish they'd blimmin well sell it here.

I've noticed since I started using A'kin Rosehip oil that I get far fewer breakouts than before, it's really balanced my skin. I used to always have at least one spot if not more, I hardly get any now. And since using the shea night cream from A'kin my skin is lovely and plump in the morning, I'm not like a wrinkly old man like before! :grin:

Palmers body lotion with aha/bha is the only body lotion that doesn't bring me out in red bumps and my skin is nice and smooth since I've been using that, even on my chest. Great stuff and nicely available in Boots! haha!

The Elemis eye serum is the only eye product I've ever used that made a noticeable difference to my eye 'area'. It defintiely lightened up under my eyes and made little lines less noticeable. Must get some more actually, especially now that winter is a rolling in...

Tx

I like the Boots Protect and Perfect day and night moisturisers. I think they have definitely made my skin look better (don't get a mixture of dry/oily patches) and I think my complexion looks brighter.

A'Kin rosehip oil made my skin radiant and plumped...but it took about 4 weeks to show.

Philosophy Booster Capsules. Gave me a radiant glow (someone asked if I was pregnant...).

Gatineau Melatogenine Eye Cream - much firmer skin around my eyes.

Gatineau Melatogenine Futur Plus moisturiser - soft focus effect on my lines and increased radiance.

Elemis Tri-enzyme Wash - skin tone more even and skin very soft.

Liz Earle Gentle Face Exfoliator - skin smooth and plumped up.

I have sinus problems too. Honestly no product will get rid of dark circles in this case. I also have deep set eyes which adds to the darkness. Don't really get puffy eyes though.

Pollybelle, I'm another Boots protect & perfect fan along with me new fav Alpha h liquid gold at night or when im not on that good old decleor!

The only make that seems to have a lasting effect on me is Clarins, love all of their products especially the cleansing water (so quick to use when you're tired) and the eye cream actually gets rid of my dark circles and puffiness. Also their free samples are brill they last ages. I use the Restorative range 'cause I'm knocking on a bit.

The only make that seems to have a lasting effect on me is Clarins, love all of their products especially the cleansing water (so quick to use when you're tired) and the eye cream actually gets rid of my dark circles and puffiness. Also their free samples are brill they last ages. I use the Restorative range 'cause I'm knocking on a bit.

Which one do you use babytoes? I believe Clarins has quite a few eye products...

I love Philosophy Hope in a Tube as it seems to have reduced my dark circles considerably. Clientele also do a peptide concealer for hiding dark circles which is absolutely excellent and great for blemishes too. I bought mine on Ebay.

For times when I want to look extra special I use Clientele lotus serum which just seems to take years off me!

I have to say though I'm a bit spotty at the moment but I always find going into Autumn my skin breaks out for a bit, don't know why, haven't got the heating on yet.

Hi sillysausage, I use the Super Restorative Total Eye Concentrate, I've bought the full size but I'm still using the 3 free samples they gave me. I've got very sensitive eyes and said I needed to give it a good try before buying. Also it is one of the few that you can actually put all over your eyelid. Hope this helps. They also have a new mascara out which is brilliant and you can get a sample of that too.

Bobbie x

Thanks babytoes, I'm off to do some research into he Super Restorative Total Eye Concentrate, it does sound good, and I too am a fan of Clarins...:flower:

It sounds like there are are a good variety of products actually delivering results, I'll be def. looking into some of them. Thank you xxx

I'm 52 and hopefully without sounding smug, I've been blessed with good (inherited) skin, my mum at 82 has amazing skin, mainly down to good old-fashioned Ponds products. I've got virtually no wrinkles (thats down to being well upholstered lol) on my face at all, but my flippin' neck is getting like a turkey actually more my chin than my neck, I'd like a good throat cream if anyone can recommend one:hi:
Does anyone get good results with Liz E eye creams?:flower:

Thanks sillysausage, hope your sales staff are as good as mine in Debenhams. I went to a clarins party the other night in the store and ok I spent quite a bit but worked out later that I was given virtually the same value in freebies. I love love love their body cream and hand cream oh and their balancing spray ( the blue one). you can tell I'm quite a fan too. Let me know how you get on.

Thanks sillysausage, hope your sales staff are as good as mine in Debenhams. I went to a clarins party the other night in the store and ok I spent quite a bit but worked out later that I was given virtually the same value in freebies. I love love love their body cream and hand cream oh and their balancing spray ( the blue one). you can tell I'm quite a fan too. Let me know how you get on.

I'm using their lovely hand cream too and I have used their Lotus face oil I think for about 18 years (!!) although I've recently swapped that with LE's superskin concentrate which I think is more suitable for my skin now... I've found your eye product online, but it's quite pricey (the cheapest deal I found is £40) so I will definitely try and get a sample first... Thanks!!

If you want to decrease dark eyes the only things you can do are drink more water, sleep longer/better and there is a little massage thing you can do to drain the lymphatics around the eyes.

For the Boots Protect and Perfect lovers, if you love the one which is the 'intensive' one did you know, if you want to save yourself about £12 a bottle, that Boots Botanics first signs of ageing serum have exactly the same ingredients.

Latest posts

Back