What was your first purchase from QVC and why?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

lilylurknomore

Registered Shopper
How about a nice little thread about what got you hooked on QVC? :giggle:

My first purchase was, yep, a Liz Earle TSV donkey's years ago. Having seen the lovely Liz's skin and wanting to have some of that for myself (not in a cannibalistic kinda way of course) I purchased the kit and then I was hooked. Of course, this was before I realised the cameraman sticks a pair of tights over his lens (now behave) in order to shoot her in soft focus, but I'm still buying the things now, so it must have worked. :giggle:

So........ what got you hooked, why did you go for it and did it work?

zilo smell killer. was never sure if it worked or not and after years of it being on the kitchen worktop i chucked it a few weeks ago when i was clearing up ready for my new kitchen to be installed.
fast forward 6 weeks. new kitchen in and my new toy the dishwasher is ponging summat chronic. i go to lakeland to find a solution and guess what i find? yep, the zilo dishwasher smell killer and its got rave reviews. grrr.

Stylee's.Still love them to this day.Only stopped using them when I had my hair cut short last summer.Still have my stash of collection for the day I may want long locks again.

Mine was a 14K yellow gold Diamonique anniversary ring, and very pretty it was (and still is!) too. It was a TSV about 5 or 6 years ago (cost about £38 or something along those lines), and I bought it simply because I liked it and I could afford it! I still have it and it's still my favourite ring!

(Pictures included, because I love it so much) :flower:

Attachments

• 2011-07-17 011.jpg
    2011-07-17 011.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 233
  • 2011-07-17 012.jpg
    2011-07-17 012.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 243
First item from QVC was an organiser bag, would have been great had it been real leather and not so badly designed..cost a fortune too! Also bought a watch gold tone with a jade stone beaded strap. Started buying from QVC when my favourite channel SHOP! went to the wall.

A friend bought me a Freeview box so I wouldn't miss the The Sopranos on E4 whilst she was on holiday. (she used to record it for me). Discovered TJC first, then QVC – the rest is history as they say.

Can't remember QVC first purchase but it was probably Diamonique. I buy things that grab my attention from time to time, like a set of kitchen knives at 4.00am in the morning when I wasn't sleeping that well!! :giggle:

I know it was jewellery :thinking: I think it was my aquamarine ring.
Why? I liked it, no other reason.

Nice thread, Lily !:clapping:
I watched QVC from it's very first day when they would make 1 item last an hour, or so it seemed.....and I was hooked.
My first item was a gemstone necklace and bracelet from a range they had for a long time, the name escapes me, with pearls and amethyst chips .The guy was oldish, with glasses and they had some very pretty pieces which I still have.
I bought mainly gemstone items, Kim&Co, and 'innovative' products like my Tuck-it bucket, which had a little space to rest the mop in an upright position (sad, I know).
I bought several rolliekits and still use my rollie jewellery box, though it is tucked away in a drawer now.
I used to buy loads of items for gifts and of course, the famous TSV's which were wonderful value, especially when split up, for presents.

Last edited:
Way back in the 90's...Pen set that they used to drive through tin cans to prove the nibs are strong, had a lifetime guarantee :giggle: ...then I bought a B & W little duck brooch, which I still use.

daydreamer

A lovely opal and diamond cluster ring that was a TSV. Start of slippy, slope and now I have loads of purchases...no fashion, though. I just can't find anything I like, as for the Michelle HopelessTSV today....seriously?

I first watched QVC on a friend's tv, she had Sky. We both laughed at the idea of buying stuff off tv.
So in 1997 I got my first cable box and started watching QVC properly.

Mine was an Elemis 500ml sizes in the Limeblossom Cleanser and Lavender Tonic. Then I bought a Decleor facial peel. Why did I buy? I read about Elemis and Decleor in Marie Claire and how good these brands were. The Elemis well I need cleanser and this was so big and I thought a brilliant deal.

I still have a few white gold diamonique rings from last century and they are still perfect. Small stones not the big Liz Taylors they used to sell in gold.

My first purchase was a 9ct gold blue topaz ring. It was a cushion cut, faceted all over the top, quite big with small diamonds at each corner.
I'd been coveting the only other ring I'd seen with that cut in a local shop owned by a chap who made very expensive jewellery, that was nearly £1000 & almost identical to the QVC one, being blue topaz too, though 18ct gold.
So was thrilled to get mine for £48 & I still love it.

My first buy was a set of paintbrushes that had interchangeable handles. I've never used them. Whenever I've needed a paintbrush I haven't been able to find them. They are still around the house somewhere, they usually turn up from time to time when I am looking for something else, then I lose them again.

As far as I remember, they were cheap and shoddy.

We got cable back in 1999, and I watched QVC (on and off) from then. First purchase was a dark green leather jewellery box, which still sits on my chest of drawers and is still used. It is good quality and I was very pleased with it.

Wow......... we've certainly bought some um.. what's the word.... eclectic........ products over the years! :happy:

BB will this suffice for a new thread? :mysmilie_454:

Wow......... we've certainly bought some um.. what's the word.... eclectic........ products over the years! :happy:

BB will this suffice for a new thread? :mysmilie_454:

Lily I salute you. See? its SO much nicer and more productive to start your own than to moan about other people's isnt it? Well done hun :O)

Latest posts

Back