What was your best buy in 2009?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I have been buying some bits and pieces of Michael Dawkins silver jewellery from Last Clicks, over the year and I think that they have been my best buys of 2009.

It is beautifully made jewellery that brings me pleasure every time I wear it. Sadly there is virtually nothing of his left on the website now and I fear that might mean they won't be bringing his range back again.

My best buys have to be all the things I didn't need, didn't want, and didn't get talked in to! :mysmilie_697:

Last edited:
Definitely a Carole Hochman robe - although when it arrived, it was obvious it had been worn....there was a mark on the chest.
It was a present for my mum and I didn't have time to risk sending it back for a replacement, so I removed the spot and gave it her. She loves it. :)

I liked it so much, I scouted about and found one advertised as new, in my size on ebay - when it arrived, it was so obviously NOT worn. It had a label on it, and it was in a packing bag, unlike the one I'd received from QVC.

Nothing - I haven't bought a thing from QVC in 2009.

Fed up of high postage costs, poor returns service and Dennis Basso.

Frankly I haven't missed them, i've found better and most times cheaper places to buy most things :)

Nothing - I haven't bought a thing from QVC in 2009.

Fed up of high postage costs, poor returns service and Dennis Basso.

Frankly I haven't missed them, i've found better and most times cheaper places to buy most things :)

Ditto :mysmilie_348:

My best buy was a cook's essentials low pressure cooker. It is non-stick inside and highly polished stainless steel exterior. Because it is low pressure it can be opened immediately at any time without having to gradually release the pressure. It looks good and does a marvellous job. My old pressure cooker wasn't non-stick and stuff would burn because I couldn't open it to stir the food without having to wait for ages to release the pressure.

I love it !

Inge :)

Oooh I forgot my kipling bag, yes that would be the best purchase as my robe did come with a mark on it.
the bag however was perfect and cheaper than anywhere else.

Like everyone else seems to be doing, I check carefully before buying things from a shopping channel as often you can get it cheaper elsewhere.

not strictly qvc but my slanket type blanket, it's been so useful we all use it and even the dog snuggles on it at bedtime cheeky bugger

As someone else metionned - last January's L'occitance TSV which has made up sooo many christmas presents from me.

Ojon pre-shower cleanse thing that was in a tsv, I get so many compliments on my hair when I've used it.

Also I think that my favourite make up purchase of the year was the BE purist collection on auto delivery.

Have to thank QVC for introducing me to a number of brands this year which I have gone on to purchase cheaper elsewhere!

Best buys? Not necessarily from QVC were as follows

Miche bag......fantastic invention

Stylees....."ditto"

Mookaite necklace

scarflaces

I suppose mine will have to be ojon since according to my account I only ordered 10 things from qvc last year, 7 of which were ojon!

The Awaken large disc earrings and necklace bought individually.:mysmilie_696: When I wear them, I get so many positive comments and they were a real steal of a price as they are that bit different. I've seen similar earrings in a quirky jewellers but for double the price.

It was a close call as my slanket has come into it's own with all the cold weather!:mysmilie_11:

Latest posts

Back