What??!!?? Sloane Ranger Chuntley!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

tinaborder

Registered Shopper
Chuntley in the midnight TSV hour said that one of the bags and an outfit one of the models was wearing gave a very 'Sloane Ranger' look. Does she not realise that this really isn't a compliment! I swear her and Jill Franks share a brain cell!

Chuntley in the midnight TSV hour said that one of the bags and an outfit one of the models was wearing gave a very 'Sloane Ranger' look. Does she not realise that this really isn't a compliment! I swear her and Jill Franks share a brain cell!

Sorry to disagree but I can't see anything wrong with that. Sloan Square is an upmarket area where Lulu Guiness bags are the norm. I can think of a lot worse things than being a Sloan Ranger. Princess Diana was often called one.

Sorry to disagree but I can't see anything wrong with that. Sloan Square is an upmarket area where Lulu Guiness bags are the norm. I can think of a lot worse things than being a Sloan Ranger. Princess Diana was often called one.

Well I suppose you could be called a stuck up mare - a bit more up to date than a 'Sloan Ranger' lol..
No offence is intended to any stuck up mares (or indeed any sloanies) reading this, thank you :thinking2:

Well I suppose you could be called a stuck up mare - a bit more up to date than a 'Sloan Ranger' lol..
No offence is intended to any stuck up mares (or indeed any sloanies) reading this, thank you :thinking2:

Now don't be unkind Daisy, Sloanies have their problems too y'know - they've never got over the shock of Husky stopping trading for a start - thank gawd for Barbour or they wouldn't be able to step outside their country houses come autumn & the chillier weather! lol

Now don't be unkind Daisy, Sloanies have their problems too y'know - they've never got over the shock of Husky stopping trading for a start - thank gawd for Barbour or they wouldn't be able to step outside their country houses come autumn & the chillier weather! lol

How true Kitten, lol :giggle:

the sloane rangers are still alive and well around Kensington and knightsbridge. They may be called something else now but they don't look any different to the ones who were around in the 80's. ok ya!

It was a saying that gently poked fun at the "Knightsbridge set", but I don't think that saying that an outfit had a "sloaney" look about it wouldn't jump out at me as an insult, however if she something looked "Chavvy" then you've got a point. Perhaps she would have been better off saying it looks "Very London chic" or something!

It was a saying that gently poked fun at the "Knightsbridge set", but I don't think that saying that an outfit had a "sloaney" look about it wouldn't jump out at me as an insult, however if she something looked "Chavvy" then you've got a point. Perhaps she would have been better off saying it looks "Very London chic" or something!

i think you've hit the nail on the head. The reason it was probably said was because that's the sort of market LG is trying to aim her bags at.

It was a pointless thing for Chuntley to say anyway, as 'Sloane' is not a 'look', it's a state of being - you're either a Sloanie or you're not, period! Rule holds! lol

The phrase "sloaney look" would suggest to me something expensive looking, possibly more classic as opposed to "on trend" and probably rather understated (I don't think KVZ bags would create a sloaney look). I wouldn't interpret it as a derogatory description, I suppose it depends on your target market as to whether it would be a selling point or not.

I'm glad many of you seem to agree with me and don't regard it as a compliment!

What I can't believe is that you've taken it as a personal insult.. Have you not got more important things to worry about than the use of the term Sloan Ranger? Ive heard far worse.. Maybe you are angry on behalf of Sloan Rangers who may have been 'upset' by the use of this scandalous term! :thinking2:

What I can't believe is that you've taken it as a personal insult.. Have you not got more important things to worry about than the use of the term Sloan Ranger? Ive heard far worse.. Maybe you are angry on behalf of Sloan Rangers who may have been 'upset' by the use of this scandalous term! :thinking2:

That's what I thought too. Lots of worse things to be called IMO.

Latest posts

Back