What QVC Stereotype are you?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

When first starting to view QVC I loved to buy as much as I could - had a new baby and a hubby with a decent job, regularly purchased beauty products, rings and gifts for family, even buying random gifts as an excuse to buy and share the pleasure, being a 'homemaker' was my dream and after a 12 year successful career QVC fitted the bill. Seventeen years down the line, I have 3 teenagers, hubbies job is now in the public sector after being made redundant with a lot less pay and the financial climate has hit us hard. QVC is still a guilty sin but I budget very carefully, want to go out to work but having not worked for 15 years (and being a bit of a big bertha :( ), not many will employ me anyway. So I'm 47, hard up, health issues but still coffee (don't drink or smoke) with friends at least twice a week.

Last edited:
I love this thread, it's hilarious:giggle: I am the perfect QVC customer and have been sucked into buying absolutely everything, truck loads of beauty products, lots of fashion, mostly dresses, Tiana B and Ronni Nicole, DG jeans,cashmasoft, Susan Graver,several Centigrade coats, numerous Kipling handbags, lots of Honora pearls, laundry sheets, lap top, steam mop, the list goes on and on and on and on.

Possibly the reason why I buy so much stuff from QVC is I'm a bit thick, not a professional woman, not a shift worker, an audio typist, very mundane menial job. No kids at un and unlikely to ever go to unii, both at school, a dog, a husband, no holiday home in Tuscany or anywhere else, a mortgage, one holiday a year. So far my arms and legs are fully functioning. I buy most of my QVC presents for myself and give what I don't like or what I've got way too much of to family and friends, though they are all sick to death of receiving L'occitane shea shower gel in the supersize.

However, all that being said I have made the decision to turn over a new leaf and only buy what I need from QVC, and am delighted to say that I have turned the corner and managed to NOT buy the recent Ultrasun and Lulu TSVs. For some bizarre reason I almost bought the Kim & Co TSV last night in the rose option but I came onto the forum and saw some people had posted how horrible it was and I thought, "you know what it really is horrible" so I switched off and went to bed ... I'm making progress:clapping:

Jackanory, your comment about friends and family being sick to death of getting L'occitane gifts had me in stitches! I've still got a load of unopened L'occitane stuff in my stash, and each birthday/christmas have been trying to remember who I last gave some to - I try to give it away on a rotation basis but no doubt someone got some twice in a row!

Jackanory, your comment about friends and family being sick to death of getting L'occitane gifts had me in stitches! I've still got a load of unopened L'occitane stuff in my stash, and each birthday/christmas have been trying to remember who I last gave some to - I try to give it away on a rotation basis but no doubt someone got some twice in a row!

There's always the paper boy/girl, bin men! Postie etch lol:mysmilie_506:

I'm nearly 60 & retired -yeh, but do charity work.I have 1 daughter, 2 grandchildren and I son. I never bought exorbitantly priced teachers presents. We have a small terraced house with 1 bathroom in the UK, but also own a house in Cyprus with 2 bathrooms and a downstairs cloakroom. I used to be a QVC aholic but have now, almost, weaned myself off.
My worst excess were the beauty products I would buy every TSV going & had a cupboard full of the stuff, but having used them all up I now buy from Superdrug and Boots. I also love solar lights (Luxform TSV tonight!) & have bought many sets from QVC which I must say were good value. Have never really gone for the QVC fashion, I'd rather go into a shop and try a garment on. I have bought a couple of laptops but only after extensive research.
I don't really buy much from QVC nowadays, it has to be something I really want and couldn't elsewhere at a cheaper price.

53, single one daughter gone thru uni now living in london, not working and five cats that have just moved in over time !!!!!!

I am 50, with two teenagers still at school. I don't work anymore but would quite like a part-time job - need the extra cash. Again like another poster I haven't worked in 12 years so I feel a bit out of the loup and I know it is hard to get any kind of job these days. I have a mortgage, one family bathroom and an en-suite! No holiday homes. No pets. Hate gardening. Only buy Apple computers etc. Don't wear nail varnish.

I used to be terrible buying stuff from QVC. I remember asking for a print out of all my spending from QVC customer services and received around a six page document. The amount I spent on P&P was staggering and very sobering. I have purchased loads of jewellery (some I really like and am glad I bought), beauty (regret most of that), Northern Nights (love and use today) plus clothes (hit and miss). However, I do like the Kim & Co skirts - I have some I have worn for eight years and they are as good as new.

Now I don't have the cash I used to so I have to be more careful. Like many here, I am happy with Boots 2 for 1 offers for skin products - Soap and Glory is brilliant. I would never fall for the L'Occitane marketing spiel now. I am still using up my stash of toiletries and make up purchased over the years and to be honest I don't think I need to buy another blusher or eye shadow for the rest of my life.

I still watch QVC. I like seeing the products, but I don't buy from them. Most of the stuff I get nowadays is from ebay. BrandAlley or SecretSales.

47, single, no kids, work full time and own my own place, one bathroom, currently has M+S soap! Bought a Ronni Nicole dress once which is still lying on the bedroom floor where I chucked it after eventually prizing myself out of the poxy thing. Don't do a lot of housework but buy a few cleaning solutions. Don't mind ironing. Buy tons of beauty and use most or give away to sisters/nieces. Don't even know a teacher or a nurse. Don't have African/Caribbean skin on my feet;-) No pets, have a car with a glove compartment that contains the key to the locking wheel nuts and a few Smiths CDs - no Gayle Hayman liplift, no Defi-lift - not even a spare Easi-yo! Buy some jewellery now and again, mostly silver/eek. If I feel a 'tache is coming on I get the Veet strips out. Full use of all my limbs when needed. Season ticket holder at Tottenham. Theatre-lover. Terrible singer. Have nearly every product Leighton Denny's ever produced. Don't have an iPad/tablet, barely have a phone that works, can't text, not into tech stuff, go into my garden to put the washing out when it's warm enough, then come straight back in again! Smoke, don't really drink, cuts down on my smoking time, buy a lot of Yankees but not from Q anymore. Currently loving Broadchurch!

47, single, no kids, work full time and own my own place, one bathroom, currently has M+S soap! Bought a Ronni Nicole dress once which is still lying on the bedroom floor where I chucked it after eventually prizing myself out of the poxy thing. Don't do a lot of housework but buy a few cleaning solutions. Don't mind ironing. Buy tons of beauty and use most or give away to sisters/nieces. Don't even know a teacher or a nurse. Don't have African/Caribbean skin on my feet;-) No pets, have a car with a glove compartment that contains the key to the locking wheel nuts and a few Smiths CDs - no Gayle Hayman liplift, no Defi-lift - not even a spare Easi-yo! Buy some jewellery now and again, mostly silver/eek. If I feel a 'tache is coming on I get the Veet strips out. Full use of all my limbs when needed. Season ticket holder at Tottenham. Theatre-lover. Terrible singer. Have nearly every product Leighton Denny's ever produced. Don't have an iPad/tablet, barely have a phone that works, can't text, not into tech stuff, go into my garden to put the washing out when it's warm enough, then come straight back in again! Smoke, don't really drink, cuts down on my smoking time, buy a lot of Yankees but not from Q anymore. Currently loving Broadchurch!

So you do you think did it? (Broadchurch, it's been a fab series hasn't it?)

I am nearly 40.
Everything is heading south,but manage most days, to tuck most of it into a size 14.
I am a part time teacher,with severe pressure from my head to go to full time,as apparently I may enjoy my paperwork more.
I am married with two teenage boys,and my house resembles *Butterflies* more by the day.
As I liken my life to *Butterflies*,I do include my cooking in that,so no interest in Cooks Essentials or KitchenAid from me.
My house is owned by us,but falling down around us.
I've managed to fit an ensuite and a downstairs loo in my falling down house.Currently both those little rooms are holding the house up.
I have no guest room,but anyone wishing to stay is welcome to the shed.
Northen Nights can be found in my home along with the odd stash of about 50 kipling bags.
I feel counselling in not needed in my kipling addiction just a bigger wardrobe.
Cannot fit bigger wardrobe in bedroom due to some nutter putting an ensuite in it.
My ensuite nor my *guest cloakroom* contains L'Occitane as I'm banned from buying it.
I am banned from buying it due to picketing at my local L'Occitane shop that QVC never list their ingredients on the website.
I get upset my pupils never buy me Northern Nights,diamond rings or gadgets as end of term gifts.
I then feel frustrated that,because I don't have these gifts,I can't re-gift them to my Postman.
I obsess about gifting and re-gifting and think its best to gift and re-gift from my present drawer.
I recently had my present drawer insured for about £5000.
Most of that included an Elemis TSV and L'Occitane boxes in both warm and floral,wintertrax and Ultrasun.
Not sure what QVC stereotype I am.....

it has, haven't been this gripped for ages (oh err, missus!!). Well I'm veering between, well, most of 'em at the moment!! Joe stands out but don't know why but my dark horse would be the forensic bloke who randomly asked Ellie out last week. Again - no clue why but hopefully it'll all be revealed and David Tennant survives! You?!

it has, haven't been this gripped for ages (oh err, missus!!). Well I'm veering between, well, most of 'em at the moment!! Joe stands out but don't know why but my dark horse would be the forensic bloke who randomly asked Ellie out last week. Again - no clue why but hopefully it'll all be revealed and David Tennant survives! You?!

Not a clue, loads of potential suspects all with some dodgy secret. Ellie's son or husband know more than they're letting on. The story around Pauline Quirke's character seems to have removed her from the frame, but I still don't understand why she had Danny's skateboard and gave it to Tom. Roll on next Monday!

yeah, will just enjoy watching it all unfold next week...hope it will answer some of the 'but what about..' bits. I bet it was Vince the dog!!

I'm 51,married, 3 kids ~ one at uni and one about to go and 2 adorable grandchildren. I own my 4 bedroomed detached house in a village with no mortgage and own another smaller property again mortgage free which I rent out and that income means I don't have to work. There's hubby , me and youngest son still at home. Always plenty room for guests to stay with 2 bathrooms and 2 spare bedrooms. My arms and legs all work and I'm a size 10/12. I've tried most of Q's creams and potions and settled on a routine I'm happy with which includes cleanse and polish and Elemis. Love Laura Geller and Lola Rose Bracelets. I do buy quite a few tsv's for family and friends. Never bought their 'fashion' and never will. I haven't a clue whether I'm a typical qvc viewer or not!

Latest posts

Back