What is the point of some reviews???

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

rainbowdottie

Registered Shopper
I do read the reviews on QVC.I have even not bought something if theres been an overwhelming negative view on it.

However I just can't get my head round some that are even written and worse sill published.

I take my life in my hands here,as the example I'm about to use,could be written by somebody here :sweat: but this is exactly what I'm talking about...from the latest kipling Tsv.....(I'm sorry if it is anyone here.I love you really,just for being ST.com)

fab bag
"I love my new bag!!!!!!
Another great bag from kipling never disappointed"

I mean what is the point???? Does it tell me anything????

I do write reviews and generally write the pros and cons of the item I've received.If its clothing :bandit: I like to say what size I am,and what size I bought,in the hope it may help someone out there,as personally i think QVC sizing is so confusing.

I do not see why someone would actually take the time to write such a statement???Why anyone at QVC publish it???

I think all it goes to show is what incredibly different standards people have. I bought a Kelly Hoppen throw recently and the reviews range from 5 star "amazing" to 1 star " I gave it to charity". So you're none the wiser really. In reality it turned out to be somewhere in the middle of course.

I think the gushing ones are to be treated with caution. Anyone who writes things like "never disappointed, please (insert brand name) please keep bringing these amazing (insert product) I've now got 320 of them" is either fake, or has a screw loose. Sometimes I go onto aazon and read their reviews. They seem more objective.

you get pillocks like that everywhere. Amazon reviews get on my nerves. Focusing on flimsy packaging, delivery times, etc etc. nothing about how good/bad the item is, nothing on which prospective buyers can make a decision.

it is funny what some people consider to be a problem, and why mention delivery when the idea is to respond about the product - but hey, everyone is different

I just find it weird...if you like something,surely you'd say what you liked about it?? If you didn't...well why didn't you?? If it was middle of the road,what was it that made it a letdown,what was it missing??

I could go on..I just think the majority of QVC's reviews are just pointless :mysmilie_854:

I can the gist is something completely brilliant or rubbish...there tends to be an overwhelming tide towards something...but shame on QVC allowing most to even get through.

The review for Veet men's hair removal cream on Amazon is Hilarious surprised they allowed it,not for any one who is easily offended.
Lynn

I agree, I hope the reviews I put on make some sense especially if they help someone make their mind up about a product!

It's the same when people come on here and say how wonderful a product is normally Beauty then swear the don't work for the company,strange how you never hear from them again..
Lynn

I dont care how independent QVC claim their reviews are - they arent!!! I still remember sending a negative review which was pulished and online for weeks disappearing the day before the product went to air again and to this day its a 5 * product!!!

The review for Veet men's hair removal cream on Amazon is Hilarious surprised they allowed it,not for any one who is easily offended.
Lynn

Cheers Lynn, those two particular reviews were easily the funniest thing I've seen all week, absolutely & totally PMSL! :mysmilie_458:

The thing is with the veet ones,thats been going round the internet for yonks.Many are on the wind up.Yes its hilarious....but the ones that are on QVc are really real...thats the scary bit :drunk:

I did a review about those tiny cooks essentials sucepans, saying they wrere very nice little pans but just didnt fit on my gas cooker and kept toppling over, and that in my opinion they could be dangerous, but i had an email back saying they couldn't use it, probably because I said they were dangerous

I saw one on the recent Laura Geller where a star had been taken off because QVC didn't deliver it quickly enough! How does that relate to the LG product?? I gave up submitting reviews to QVC because 8 out of 10 times they weren't published so how they can claim they are independant and honest etc is beyond me.

Latest posts

Back