What is missing?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Linwoods seeds and nuts have gone, I get them from Holland and Barratt now.
I suppose the wire brush on a stick will be back with us shortly, mine just lounges about in the garage now.

I miss the old days where they brought us the weird and wonderful... now it's just gardening, cosmetics and clothes... and even they're the same things over and over again.

Whatever happened to all those inventors with their own products?

There's that Lori Greiner - she's meant to be an inventor :wink: but most of her stuff's really just her own interpretation of loads of other companies stuff - handbag organisers, shoe organisers, cosmetics organisers etc etc

Spanx was it, the upright chicken cooking stand, always fancied one but never got one- did it taste that good though I wonder.

Just looked up what Spanx is HA HA ...please someone, put my out of my misery and tell me what it is ACTUALLY called.

Last edited:
Spanx was it, the upright chicken cooking stand, always fancied one but never got one- did it taste that good though I wonder.

Just looked up what Spanx is HA HA ...please someone, put my out of my misery and tell me what it is ACTUALLY called.

I have visions of a chicken all trussed up in some seamfree pants with stuffing squeezed out all over the place.......:mysmilie_61:

Was the name actually Spandex?

What about the Jewellery Cleaner gadget which used to appear quite regularly? Can't remember the name of the guest presenter but he succeeded in selling one to me! It has two bowls which pulsate to remove the dirt and I have to say that I'm always impressed when I remember to use it......:nod:

Ultrasonic cleaner? I've seen them on Q before but not for ages. Got mine in Lakeland in the end.

What about that stuff that preserved flowers?

I have a tub of that lurking somewhere in the garage - totally untouched!! I didn't get given any flowers for ages after I bought it and by the time I did it was well buried! If anyone would like to make me an offer.....................!

No Wet Wonder Foam, now appears on IW, as does the paint pad thing, but still done by the same guy David Aides, he always comes out with the same line, ooh surely this cant be the right price, im gonna have to change the computer price at end of hour, blah blah, daft git, you knew exactly what they were gonna charge.

Phil Parker, and Astonish, he now does the Steam Cleaner thing doesnt he.

The Jewllery Cleaner guy was Antony Killinger, he always used to come on with expensive diamond jewellery to show it being cleaned.

Joy Mangano, and her Rolly Kits, weve still got a few of them.

Brite Bites, and the big fat bloke who was the son of the CEO or something, or shall i say con man.

This is going back years, but way back a lot of the electronic stuff was Goodmans, and the guest from Goodmans was very pleasant, back in the days, when they sold portable cd players, and cd car kits

And yesterday i noticed Tony Limerick, who i thought or maybe i am imagineing it, had a high profile job at Archos, but he was selling some software

what about Regency Gold, the wood cleaner - i still have some of that and it does do a good job

then there was that orange stuff, I can't remember what it was called, but that smelled lovely and did get grease marks off. ( still got some of that, too)

Only yesterday, I was cleaning up and used my Power Rag, that I got in a pack with one or the other of the above. It's a really good microfibre cloth and a good size too.

I haven't seen the gizmo that seals plastic bags for a while. Presenters would talk for hours about it and then do demo's sealing up bags with different things in them for some reason it always made me chuckle.

Latest posts

Back