What hours do the presenters work ?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

S

sue54

Guest Shopper
The other night when Catherine was on the Gatineau hour with Andrew he made a comment about getting into bed around 1.30am & she responded with '' lucky you I'm her till 6 ''

Do they work night shifts I wonder ?

Maybe this is when they do all their research, getting together only the favourable reviews for their upcoming products!! I meant to post about Catherine. I noticed her wearing a scarf two nights in a row, and she was definately not herself either. Not quite as energetic and bubbly (and some may say gushing?!) as usual. Did I miss something? Did she mention she was ill or something? :-( I also couldn't help notice how many absolute bargains were to be had from Gatineau - wish I was into them, but have enough on my plate with the other skincare brands I use!!

The other night when Catherine was on the Gatineau hour with Andrew he made a comment about getting into bed around 1.30am & she responded with '' lucky you I'm her till 6 ''

Do they work night shifts I wonder ?

I can't see how they would work through the night , cos QVC is only live until 2am. Unless they have to clean the offices before the suits come in to work.:cheeky:

Maybe this is when they do all their research, getting together only the favourable reviews for their upcoming products!! I meant to post about Catherine. I noticed her wearing a scarf two nights in a row, and she was definately not herself either. Not quite as energetic and bubbly (and some may say gushing?!) as usual. Did I miss something? Did she mention she was ill or something? :-( I also couldn't help notice how many absolute bargains were to be had from Gatineau - wish I was into them, but have enough on my plate with the other skincare brands I use!!

Bargains?? :mysmilie_506: :wonder: It all still seemed pricey to me.

I sometimes ponder about their shifts (how tragic and empty my life sounds!) and they way they seem to be doing every other show and then vanish completely for a while. They must have to do other stuff apart from gush and fawn on air, do they have some sort of supervision? Now that would be a laugh, imagine Jill Franks assessing and commenting on some of her recent perfomances

I've always presumed that being self employed,that they kind of dictate their own shifts.

for instance I never see kathy taylor as she seems to work weekday mornings.Jilly haliday always seems to work late evenings - whilst anne dawson and julian weekends?

Some presenters seem more flexible than others - ie I seem to see more of CH,pipa,charlie,JR,AK - whilst claire seems very inconsistent anf JF seems to sometimes never off our screens GGGRRR:angry:

I have sat in my doctors and seen pipa and julian presenting health shows - and understand that JR does a lot of other work?

Sara G is certainly on every automated telephone service I seem to encounter.

Some of them work so little,surely they must do other things??

I think they have run throughs for shows as well as I have heard them make comments'' in rehearsal '' etc.

AK is the voice of a sat nav. Craig used to do one .of the holiday channels

I think they have to clean the lavs when they're not on screen. I've seen exclusive footage of JR wearing overalls & a knotted headscarf with a fag hanging out of her mouth, swilling away with a mop & bucket in the QVC gents. Unfortunately, I lost the link to this clip.

Catherine Huntley is presently doing an intensive beauty course, perhaps we'll have another actual resident beauty expert soon.:smirk:

I sometimes ponder about their shifts (how tragic and empty my life sounds!) and they way they seem to be doing every other show and then vanish completely for a while. They must have to do other stuff apart from gush and fawn on air, do they have some sort of supervision? Now that would be a laugh, imagine Jill Franks assessing and commenting on some of her recent perfomances

Have to admit I've found myself pondering the same thing! I guess some of them are larks and some owls like the rest of us. I remember Jilly once saying that she is most definitely not a morning person, hence why she's rarely on before 9pm. She said she even finds getting up to do the school run is a struggle and that's if she's not done a TSV launch the night before! It's the presenters that I see as more indefatigable that seem to do The Morning Show - Claire, Kathy etc. I'm always amused when someone appears on there for the first time, usually with puffy eyes and looking a bit stunned! This was definitely the case with Anthony and Catherine before they got used to it!

I've always assumed there's a pecking order at QVC and the people at the top get big TSV launches (you know who I mean!) whilst others get lower profile shows. I imagine individuals have their own preferences e.g. some of the presenters with children might prefer daytime shows when their children are at school or nursery. There also seems to be a trend for cartain people to do particular shows e.g. Craig and Yankee Candles and certain people rarely presenting particular shows e.g. Julia hardly ever presents a craft show. I suppose as long as there's a mix of people and a reasonable amount of flexibility it all works out.

What hours do the presenters work?

Catherine Huntley is presently doing an intensive beauty course, perhaps we'll have another actual resident beauty expert soon.:smirk:

HELP! How could she possibly compete with 25 years experience in the actual beauty industry?:mysmilie_486:! just doesn't bear thinking about!

and they also get particular "gigs" e.g Catherine is always on to gush over Lulu Guiness, likewise Julia and Simon Wilson. Claire is generally on with the Ralph the pearly king. They never let Juian loose on a jewelllery show and Craig is condemmed to faff on about bedding until the end of time. I wonder if there is any jealousy and rivalary about certain shows and any guests they all dread being paired up with. Uri Geller springs to mind!

and they also get particular "gigs" e.g Catherine is always on to gush over Lulu Guiness, likewise Julia and Simon Wilson. Claire is generally on with the Ralph the pearly king. They never let Juian loose on a jewelllery show and Craig is condemmed to faff on about bedding until the end of time. I wonder if there is any jealousy and rivalary about certain shows and any guests they all dread being paired up with. Uri Geller springs to mind!

I bet they all fight to be on with that hyperactive chap who does the dog leads and grooming brush :mysmilie_468::mysmilie_478::mysmilie_1:

I wonder if AY & Liz Earle don't get on that well. They are not together very much & you would have thought that as the '' resident beauty expert '' she would have been put with her more.:giggle:

I'm always surprised that AY is doing ALL the beauty/make up shows and launches ~ isn't that what she's there for?!

I can believe people like JR can pick and choose their shows.I think QVC are desperate to keep JR and will bend over backwards to keep her and please her.Its the only reason I can think for the queen bee attitude.Having said that I don't really dislike her myself - I think shes good at her job,attractive for her age,popular and trusted by most viewers - I can see why they want to keep her.

As for everyone else - I think like any job,people are paired for their strengths ie anthony heywood with technology.I wouldn't be surprised if guests ask for certain presenters - or may its done on successful viewing and sales figures.Maybe some presenters do ask for certain shows whilst others aren't bothered?

Julian used to do jewellery shows years ago,maybe he's at a stage in his career where he can pick and choose.I did see him stand in for someone on a jewellery outlet a few years back at christmas time - and he was really fab:up: would like to see him a bit more really.

Simon Wilson clearly insists on JR for most of his shows. I can remember last year that for some reason she did not do a block of his shows & he moaned & whinged continuously that he was not with her.

I felt quite sorry for Ali K during one show as he would not shut up about it, & in the end she did make a comment back as I think she was pretty teed off with him. I can't remember now what she said but it did make me wonder if SW & JR had had a bit of a fall out.

i imagined they put their names down for shows/shifts they want to do in advance so on a first come first served basis....and those with no offers i.e. fairy dust hours, management pick the one that's peed them off the most that week!

i imagined they put their names down for shows/shifts they want to do in advance so on a first come first served basis....and those with no offers i.e. fairy dust hours, management pick the one that's peed them off the most that week!

In that case Charlie must have some testosterone after all - he seems to get more than his share of fairy dust shows. Or could it be that he just really enjoys them...

Latest posts

Back