What have you resisted lately?!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

****** everything lately, I'm poor :sad:

Awww AnnaBanana... tell me about it!! I'm shopping for the the cheap bread and milk, and fruit and veg, and basic range pasta etcccccc, yet I STILL look out for jewelery and beauty bargains!!!! Looking but not buying until the next payday... and counting the days... I don't know!!! :sad:

Awww AnnaBanana... tell me about it!! I'm shopping for the the cheap bread and milk, and fruit and veg, and basic range pasta etcccccc, yet I STILL look out for jewelery and beauty bargains!!!! Looking but not buying until the next payday... and counting the days... I don't know!!! :sad:

How do other people manage to live and still afford their little luxuries too? I know I certainly can't, and like you too, I'm on the valuest of the value grub at the moment! Could have spent a million quid a million times over in my imagination but sadly it lives in a different reality to the rest of me *sigh*.........

None of the TSV's have tempted me but I really, really was tempted by the Tova diamonique watch. I fessed up on here that I was close to CQ hold and also phoned my sis for an opinion. An emergency visit wearing a blingy watch bought at a market in Palma for approx £10 and a humourous reply put it in perspective and I didn't buy it.

How do other people manage to live and still afford their little luxuries too? I know I certainly can't, and like you too, I'm on the valuest of the value grub at the moment! Could have spent a million quid a million times over in my imagination but sadly it lives in a different reality to the rest of me *sigh*.........

For AB & MC -:flower::flower::flower::flower::flower::flower::flower:

I'm so with you on this!! My imagination and my reality are definitely on different plains! (I'm not greedy, but a £20k lottery win would do... except I don't play the lottery... and if I did play and win, I'd probably still blow it and have to shop for the budget food lol lol!)

How do other people manage to live and still afford their little luxuries too? I know I certainly can't, and like you too, I'm on the valuest of the value grub at the moment! Could have spent a million quid a million times over in my imagination but sadly it lives in a different reality to the rest of me *sigh*.........[/QUOTE
I know what you mean!! I like to think I am rich too!!
just been to a**a(not sure if I can say the name on here) and spent 87 quid(which is a lot less than usual)
I got offers on rice,beans and sausage(kids fave!),spaghetti,fresh pasta,fabric softener,loo cleaner,chilli mix,sausage,cooked meats and fruit,crumpets and bread
I tried to shop with a list in my head and am pleased I have got what I wanted and not spent on things we dont need
we are using up a lot of what we have in the freezer this month aswell
I bought the yankee tsv and wont be indulging in anything else now this month
Its a hard time at this time of year due to buying new school uniforms and shoes too
we usually struggle the week before pay day as most of the girls at work do too
cant grumble though,we are lucky we had a fab hol back in May

i have been in a very anti farting rebellious mood at the moment.
bought 3 tacori pieces from last clicks and a l'occitane tsv from the bay.
before this i made willfull antifarting gestures by buying copious amounts of half price kipling from the rock heaven range (pure heaven) and and 2 pieces from the hip range in black patent..

my l'occitane stash is so high the tower of babel has nothing on it!
i am beyond redemption!:sad:

OMG Boffy, I can't believe what I am reading here. I have just read your post on the Kipling TSV thread where you said you were going to resist as you would put the money towards a deposit on a holiday and here you are on this thread telling all and sundry about all the Kipling bags and various other items you have recently bought. You truely are a hopeless case.:sad:

tis true i am well and truly beyond redemtion!
i am tossing and turning like a woman possessed with too much possessions.:talking::talking:

Im proud to say Ive resisited everything in August and now Im resisting everything in september LOl , what is it thye say pride comes before a fall

That is SO-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O awesome! :sun: :star: :up2: :clapping: :heart: :clapping: :up2: :star: :sun:

most things I have seen....except a slip on Sunday. I realise that I find it too easy to press the mouse to buy, more effort and cooling down time on the phone.

I am interested in the emu boots???why??cos I would probably look a plonker in them...must resist...unless they are dirt cheap and my teenager would wear them? Oh hang on a min. she has Uggs and doesn't need them either:sad: Then there is the Kipling TSV.....I am telling myself now I will resist cos I buy every Kipling TSV and most of them languish at the bottom of my wardrobe.

I've done ok recently - since the Laura Geller TSV I haven't bought anything at all, despite being tempted by L'Occitane goodies and a little tempted by one or two YBF bits over the weekend. Also resisted the Hairfix Detox kits, Liz Earle stuff and quite a bit of jewellery. I also resisted the Centigrade TSV too. The more I resist the easier it gets...and also finding other places to buy from rather than QVC for the things I really do need...

For AB & MC -:flower::flower::flower::flower::flower::flower::flower:

Thank you......*wipes a tear from my eye*, thank you very much :flower:

I'm so with you on this!! My imagination and my reality are definitely on different plains! (I'm not greedy, but a £20k lottery win would do... except I don't play the lottery... and if I did play and win, I'd probably still blow it and have to shop for the budget food lol lol!)

Hahaha.....every week I get excited about the lottery and think maybe this week it really will be meeeeeeee!.......but then I realise that I don't actually play it and feel a little bit crestfallen.....and yes, while during these hard times I like to think I'd be really practical with any windfall that's willing to fling itself my way, I just know I'd blow it all on useless junk like a fleet of ridiculously expensive cars, and diamond encrusted mansions and other such nonsense, and be right back to square one again with 14p tins of beans and 7p packets of instant custard.........it's the luxury life for me!!! :doh:

Oh, and I meant £20 MILLION!!! LOL LOL!!!

Naturally! :tongue2:

I am being very good at the moment but the thought of a Prescriptives TSV is filling my head. My target is to only but what I actully need which kind of rules out QVC as it's all want stuff. My trick is to summon up a mental image of all the stuff stowed away in the bathroom, under the bed, the blanket box and my jewellery rolls. I could open my own shop no probs. The p&p is putting me off too, how come Amazon can sent out a book for £2 45p but a tiddly lit bit of jewellery is nearly £3.00 and then when\if you send it back it's less than a quid. So I rationalise that's it's actully costing me in the region of £4 each time I don't like something. Average that out over a year and it's a bit scary. So I am on an economy drive and resisting like mad at the mo, it would take something very special and different to tempt me and judging by the current stock there's not much chance of that.

I'm trying a different self brainwashing technique at the moment which seems to be having some effect on my QVC spending.
Instead of buying something for £30 or £40 I'm giving myself lots of lovely little treats that don't cost much but make me feel I'm not missing out and still getting new things. I'm talking about things like a glossy magazine, a new lippy or nail varnish, a gorgeous new soap etc etc. If you look around the shops they are full of sales and bargains so go and hunt them out and give QVC the elbow!

I'm trying a different self brainwashing technique at the moment which seems to be having some effect on my QVC spending.
Instead of buying something for £30 or £40 I'm giving myself lots of lovely little treats that don't cost much but make me feel I'm not missing out and still getting new things. I'm talking about things like a glossy magazine, a new lippy or nail varnish, a gorgeous new soap etc etc. If you look around the shops they are full of sales and bargains so go and hunt them out and give QVC the elbow!

Thats so true Fairynuff you dont have to spend £40 or £50 to get some nice goodies. I usually buy little things to put away for myself at christmas as well as my hubby buying me things. I start about October time and just buy bits and stack them away either high street or QVc but i look in the clearance section then if you only spend 10 to 20 pound you got alot more for your money.

Thats so true Fairynuff you dont have to spend £40 or £50 to get some nice goodies. I usually buy little things to put away for myself at christmas as well as my hubby buying me things. I start about October time and just buy bits and stack them away either high street or QVc but i look in the clearance section then if you only spend 10 to 20 pound you got alot more for your money.

I write down a few things I would like,usually a book or two,slippers and stuff along those lines and my husband gets me things from him and the kids too,
that way if I see something I want he is pleased that I get to open a few bits and bobs that are a surprise too
he usually gives me a list and then I get him a few bits on top from the kids too,he is so hard to buy for ,that way I can be sure he is happy,
last year I got him some guide books on america,a dressing gown,chutney,socks pjs and miniature chocs and stuff
we dont spend a fortune but all the little bits are so much nicer

i get nice soap in TK Max, keep it in a big glass jar in my bathroom, looks lovely in the pretty wrappers and the quality is great, also get books off Amazon, sometimes for only 1p and in great condition. The arrival of the £2 46p treat in the post replicates the thrill of a QVC purchase with far less financial damage. Yes I know I am substituting rather than abstaining, but little steps in my long journey of shopping rehab! Also can tell myself the books improve my mind and I can pass them on to friends or the RSPCA shop so I feel good about that rather than somewhat horrifed about the Elemis stockpile. Still thinking about Prescriptives, there is no hope!!!

i get nice soap in TK Max, keep it in a big glass jar in my bathroom, looks lovely in the pretty wrappers and the quality is great, also get books off Amazon, sometimes for only 1p and in great condition. The arrival of the £2 46p treat in the post replicates the thrill of a QVC purchase with far less financial damage. Yes I know I am substituting rather than abstaining, but little steps in my long journey of shopping rehab! Also can tell myself the books improve my mind and I can pass them on to friends or the RSPCA shop so I feel good about that rather than somewhat horrifed about the Elemis stockpile. Still thinking about Prescriptives, there is no hope!!!

exactly my philosophy silversequin! :hi:

Latest posts

Back