What happened to Jules Ballantyne?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I must admit I was astonished when, after reading/posting here for a while, Julian Ballantyne came up in a thread and everyone seemed to love him! I really struggle to watch him, his bizarre pauses, comments about how long everyone's been at QVC and the links he makes between products that are worthy of the most abstruse cryptic crossword. However, I totally agree with those who say he is genuine, what you see is what you get etc - I never ever get the sense that he has a high opinion of himself because of his long tenure at Le Q. I just don't get on with his presenting style I guess. You can't like everyone and I think I do the world a favour by being virtually the only person who loves to watch Claire Sutton and Craig Rowe :giggle:

I must admit I was astonished when, after reading/posting here for a while, Julian Ballantyne came up in a thread and everyone seemed to love him! I really struggle to watch him, his bizarre pauses, comments about how long everyone's been at QVC and the links he makes between products that are worthy of the most abstruse cryptic crossword. However, I totally agree with those who say he is genuine, what you see is what you get etc - I never ever get the sense that he has a high opinion of himself because of his long tenure at Le Q. I just don't get on with his presenting style I guess. You can't like everyone and I think I do the world a favour by being virtually the only person who loves to watch Claire Sutton and Craig Rowe :giggle:

Agree with most of that AD, except I don't much care for Craig! My old man can't stand any of them..well no, I reckon he does have a sneaky soft spot for Pipa, who, to digress, puts me in mind of Anne Davies from Central News..yet he can't stand Anne Davies, ah well, men are funny creatures!:grin:

Agree with most of that AD, except I don't much care for Craig! My old man can't stand any of them..well no, I reckon he does have a sneaky soft spot for Pipa, who, to digress, puts me in mind of Anne Davies from Central News..yet he can't stand Anne Davies, ah well, men are funny creatures!:grin:

My OH likes Jilly Halliday for some reason, she's alright I guess, just find her a bit innocuous really! Tell you what, I'll watch Craig for you, so you don't have to :giggle:

I lived down your way (well, Leicester) for some years when I was first a student, don't remember Anne Davies, our ariel could pick up either East Mids Today or Mids Today depending on the weather :grin:. I remember Nick Owen starting! I recall it as quite feel-good news, the main story once was about some sparrows that had made a nest in a woman's peg bag :giggle:. East Mids Today seemed a bit like QVC - nothing much bad ever happened there! Don't shatter my memories and tell me it's now the badlands...:wink:

I used to really dislike Julian B. Then I met him at a QVC craft event and he was such a nice chap I have liked him ever since, and particularly like it when he is on the craft hours. I would go so far as to say he is probably my favourite presenter now. :happy:

My OH likes Jilly Halliday for some reason, she's alright I guess, just find her a bit innocuous really! Tell you what, I'll watch Craig for you, so you don't have to :giggle:

I lived down your way (well, Leicester) for some years when I was first a student, don't remember Anne Davies, our ariel could pick up either East Mids Today or Mids Today depending on the weather :grin:. I remember Nick Owen starting! I recall it as quite feel-good news, the main story once was about some sparrows that had made a nest in a woman's peg bag :giggle:. East Mids Today seemed a bit like QVC - nothing much bad ever happened there! Don't shatter my memories and tell me it's now the badlands...:wink:

Me and my mate cringe at Anne Davies on East Midlands today, too much make up and bizzare clothes. It's not feel good these days, I'm afraid AD. I live in Nottingham and sadly we seem to have quite a lot a less good stuff going on here these days tho we are not as bad as in the days we were known as "Shottingham" and hey we gave the world Julia Roberts!!

that's very good of you thank you..!! I said on another thread that QVC is getting so boring that I've not watched for three days and not likely to be watching for the next three either, checking the guide. Ne'mind..saving me dosh!

Ah, young Nick Owen, he was lovely! And we had Anne Diamond at one time, before she got a bit too full of herself...now my OH, he'd have left me for her I think!

Well, Nottm's not THAT bad...on the local news it was Derby getting a bad name for selling drink too cheaply etc etc - gulp..hope Tesco don't make my box of wine unaffordable!!:whew:

Me and my mate cringe at Anne Davies on East Midlands today, too much make up and bizzare clothes. It's not feel good these days, I'm afraid AD. I live in Nottingham and sadly we seem to have quite a lot a less good stuff going on here these days tho we are not as bad as in the days we were known as "Shottingham" and hey we gave the world Julia Roberts!!

I believe in medieval times it was "Snottingham" ...! Well I suppose there are worse places to live, not many perhaps, but they do exist!

As for AD (that is Anne Davies & not ArtDeco!) boy is she weird...lives in Melton I think and we have friends over that way who tell us she is "right snotty" in real life - I can believe it!

Did you really have to?!:thinking:

Latest posts

Back