What do your family think of you watching QVC?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Weathergirl

Registered Shopper
My3 year old son gave me the idea for this thread. 2 Nights ago he was unsettled in the night and I had to go to him a couple of times. The second time he eventually said "Ok mummy you can go now. Night Night. You can watch ABC if you want!"

Gulp. How did he get the idea I like watching Q? I tend to have cbeebies on for him when the TV is on- not Q. But I do "flick over" every now and then. He doesnt miss a trick.

My husband thinks I am the saddest person on the planet and I admit I don't tell anyone else! If I buy a product that could easily identify me as a secret QVC addict I will either say I got it from ebay some other on-line site!!
I feel better now - getting that off my chest!

My OH hates Q I never have it on when he is at home as the air turns blue especially if AY is on.
Lynn

It varies from puzzlement to thinking I'm a bit sad, not many of them know though - QVC's my guilty secret. Like you Beakerange I lie about where I've bought QVC stuff - I usually just say I got it online, which isn't always a lie because sometimes I buy online from QVC ...

My3 year old son gave me the idea for this thread. 2 Nights ago he was unsettled in the night and I had to go to him a couple of times. The second time he eventually said "Ok mummy you can go now. Night Night. You can watch ABC if you want!"

Gulp. How did he get the idea I like watching Q? I tend to have cbeebies on for him when the TV is on- not Q. But I do "flick over" every now and then. He doesnt miss a trick.

Awww thats sweet WG plus hes learning his ABC's :giggle:

OH cant stand it but me and my auntie both enjoy watching it and i often ordering Items for her and her family.

I am the same and my husband loathes QVC but watches plenty of rubbishy TV left to his own devices. What really amused me was that isn't quite the "presteejus" image that Le Q and Alison Young try to project. Actually I rarely watch now as I don't have time but I do look online at what has been on air regularly.

Last edited:
My OH takes the p-ss something rotten! He claims to watch only "decent" programmes ,whatever that means.

My husband thinks I am the saddest person on the planet and I admit I don't tell anyone else! If I buy a product that could easily identify me as a secret QVC addict I will either say I got it from ebay some other on-line site!!
I feel better now - getting that off my chest!

My OH hates Q I never have it on when he is at home as the air turns blue especially if AY is on.
Lynn

It varies from puzzlement to thinking I'm a bit sad, not many of them know though - QVC's my guilty secret. Like you Beakerange I lie about where I've bought QVC stuff - I usually just say I got it online, which isn't always a lie because sometimes I buy online from QVC ...

Ha ha, same here. I guess we four are 'QVC 'sisters-in-arms' then! :mysmilie_17:

I only admit to buying from Q to others who I know shop there otherwise I say I bought it "on line".

Now I only watch selective shows and often they are muted so OH and I read and listen to music and only turn up if a possible purchase comes on. I always say that I can read the info on screen as well as the dip stick presenter cos it's not as if they are giving any true info such as sizes etc. just a load of s***t and self love.

hubby is on of those that says.."you can get those alot cheaper in the shops" ...(whatever the item is at the time):giggle: and my son says Gawd mum ..not watching this rubbish again?!:blush: oh well ...,,not as much these days but sometimes i like a laugh when the presenters mess up ...but i dont mean it nastily...just makes me realise i know the only scatty one around:mysmilie_59:

My son is a bit amused by my Qvc watching but does agree that I have had some good stuff from them in the past.
One Christmas he couldn't think what to get me for a present so rang Q to ask if they did gift vouchers so I could choose something for myself. They said no, they are missing a trick there don't you think?

What is everyone frightened of? If you enjoy watching the shows and buy the products then say so. Why make it into a guilty secret?

Its like people who go out in a new dress and someone compliments them and they say "what this old thing?". Whats wrong with saying, "thank you, I bought it last week".

What is everyone frightened of? If you enjoy watching the shows and buy the products then say so. Why make it into a guilty secret?

Its like people who go out in a new dress and someone compliments them and they say "what this old thing?". Whats wrong with saying, "thank you, I bought it last week".

I think it is because you can see the horror in their eyes if they have never used Q themselves so it is not worth trying to "justify" shopping off the Telly. No matter what we think to the majority of people it is seen as something "not quite right" unless you are an old dear who is housebound.

Being honest did we all not sort of think that before we we sucked in by sparkley stuff from Q?

I think what we all forget or take for granted these days, is that the Internet really only came into everyday use within the last 20 years or so. Initially people were very cautious about using credit cards on line or reviewing banking details etc. So to buy clothes etc. off the Internet or the TV was another thing people were wary about. But life has changed, and our thinking has changed too.

Its now an everyday thing to order over the internet or TV or chat to friends or relatives across the world, and for people like me who live on a hill, many kilometers from any decent shops, its a godsend.

I already do that with clothes Holmca! Lol

Latest posts

Back