What Brands would you like to see re-introduced

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I was gonna say Molton Brown, but then I found some bottles of stuff I had in a stash that I'd completely forgotten about, when I opened them, expecting to smell the heady nights of expectation that Jill Goldsmith always used to wax lyrical about, all I got was a heady noseful of rancid polecat. IT STUNK. (It was probably off, but even so brought me to my senses!)

I was gonna say Molton Brown, but then I found some bottles of stuff I had in a stash that I'd completely forgotten about, when I opened them, expecting to smell the heady nights of expectation that Jill Goldsmith always used to wax lyrical about, all I got was a heady noseful of rancid polecat. IT STUNK. (It was probably off, but even so brought me to my senses!)

Rancid Polecat!!!!!! Whoa

Was just about to have a bath with molton brown heavenly ginger lily. Can't get the rancid polecat image out of my head! Think I'll try a different bubble bath!

Colin from Ultraglow, he also came on with warmabear.

ultraglow!!! thank you for putting me out of my misery CG. i don't remember warmabear - what was that? some sort of hot water bottle? is that where the charlie bears mob got theit idea from?

Definitely Molton Brown. I'm convinced Rancid Polecat isn't in their current range. I love Black Pepper.

What about the dodgy guy, who bought those diet bars, every so often, wasnt he some family member of CEO of QVCUSA or something, yes i remember Bright Bites. And you could buy the bags of sweeties also.

Blacks Hill Gold and Sliver.
Joy Manago and her Roly Kits.
Alexandra Elliot and her jewellery (posh women but knew her stuff)

oh yes i remeber him and i have to confess to buying some of the damn things. he used to stand there in a corset, barely able to breathe, next to a cardboard cut out of himself before the huge weight loss - which looked exactly the same as he did in real life. :giggle:

I miss the cognac diamonds but I daresay they`d be too exoensive now anyway. I started collecting cognac jewellery but the only thing I have missing is a pendant, kept meaning to get one but never did and now its too late. The pieces I have are good settings and reasonable gold weight so even if they brought it back it would be a shadow of its former self i daresay.

If, as mentioned, Molton Brown pulled out of selling on QVC, it follows that all the other brands that we have all loved and lost may also have pulled out for one reason or another. That means that QVC can only really sell us stuff from companies willing to deal with them. Thats a really depressing thought.

What about Lock & Lock - the Q own brand replacement Prepology is cr*p, the locking arms fall off when it's used in the freezer, and it stains and the inside surface goes naff when used in the microwave.

I hate the way they appear to build up small companies and then reproduce their wares in house leaving the companies without a market.

Barbedwire! Hang on I'm thumbing thru my copy of Haley's hints cos there's bound to be an antidote to polecats in there....was it heavenly ginger moggie by any chance or one of their newer fragrances; Pink Pee Pee perhaps?

Jude xx

Barbedwire! Hang on I'm thumbing thru my copy of Haley's hints cos there's bound to be an antidote to polecats in there....was it heavenly ginger moggie by any chance or one of their newer fragrances; Pink Pee Pee perhaps?

Jude xx

BLISSFULL TEMPLEPEE!

You're welcome... :wink:

Hang on ...a solution of lemon juice and crushed June bugs should get rid of that odour....oh hang on...it's not June and we don't get June bugs here even in may. Dammit!

Jude xx

On second thoughts Templepee does smell like Eau d'Oxfam even when it's brand new, a heady mix of moth balls and used Tena lady. If you travel by bus after showering in it you're guaranteed a seat to yourself! It's a win win!

Jude xx

What about the dodgy guy, who bought those diet bars, every so often, wasnt he some family member of CEO of QVCUSA or something, yes i remember Bright Bites. And you could buy the bags of sweeties also.

He got done for false claims, they didn't make you lose weight at all. Massive fine in the US.

A lot of the US vendors seemed to disappear after 9/11.

Talking of legal action, does anyone remember Kevin Trudeau and his Mega Math, Mega Memory and Mega Speed Reading...didn't he end up convicted of fraud.

I notice Debbie the model plays down her time on the "Kevin & Debbie" show (Debbie? Blonde, big lips often pregnant.. Debbie Flett?).

Jude xx

I miss Molton Brown, I really like their bath stuff and shampoo. I wonder what happened to the "vaatch" man, Marcel Drucker (I had to google to find his name) I used to watch him, because lots of ladies used to ring in thanking him:happy:
I miss Lee Sands, he came across as a gentle man.

I miss Molton Brown, I really like their bath stuff and shampoo. I wonder what happened to the "vaatch" man, Marcel Drucker (I had to google to find his name) I used to watch him, because lots of ladies used to ring in thanking him:happy:
I miss Lee Sands, he came across as a gentle man.

think Marcel Drucker got too old to keep coming over

Latest posts

Back