What book are you reading?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Lol..same here Min...if my bedside Tess Gerritson gets a bit too gory I've got something a bit more frivolous to switch to...Patricia Scanlan maybe, or Erica James - but I do love my murders!

I'm reading 'Between a Mother and a Child' by Liz Noble, nearly finished it. It's a bit of a weepy one!

You are faster on the draw than I am Carol lol.

I like Tess Gerritsen too, but I did have a phase when I was really into 'solving' who the Jack the Ripper was.
Then there was my Dean Koontz phase .... until I realised that I was speed reading certain pages rather like I had in my Stephen King days a few decades ago.

My trouble is that these days I can not remember what I've read!

You are faster on the draw than I am Carol lol.

I like Tess Gerritsen too, but I did have a phase when I was really into 'solving' who the Jack the Ripper was.
Then there was my Dean Koontz phase .... until I realised that I was speed reading certain pages rather like I had in my Stephen King days a few decades ago.

My trouble is that these days I can not remember what I've read!

tell me about it! I bought a new Alex Gray from Tesco and a few pages in I thought "I've read this before" - and indeed I had, found my charity shop copy in here on the shelf - doh..!

We have busy minds Carol - that's what I tell myself.

My niece often asked if I read any good books in the hope that I'd pass them on to her, which I usually did.
"Yes, I finished a good book a few days ago. A real thriller."
"What was it called?"
"Um ... something... something Death .... something"
"Oh. Who wrote it?"
"Um ... I've forgotten."
"But you said you just finished it!"
"Yes, but that was then. This is now."

No hope for me really

I love all Agatha Raisin books. I have a short attention span, so have ordered a favourite book today. Expecting delivery in a few days. The Marks&Spencer catalogue! To match my collection of JohnLewis and LauraAshley classics. :mysmilie_518:x ShoppingSnobSnarly

I LOVE all of Alexander McCall Smith's books, Scotland Street, No1 Ladies Detective agency, Isabel Dalhousie ones and Corduroy Mansions, I've read almost all of them, just savouring the last few. I've recently finished I Still Dream About You by Fannie Flagg, brilliant book, I enjoyed every page and The Misremembered Man (can't remember the author) that was excellent too. My Kindle has certainly re-kindled a love of reading, I'm never without it and have read so many books that I never would have thought of reading before. Such a pleasure.

I am in the middle of reading Judy Finnigan's Eloise. Has anyone else read it? To be honest I am thinking of giving up as it is a bit plodding and boring. I am just wondering if it livens up as I have read 80 odd pages and it hasn't so far! Actually, I think another Robert Goddard is calling me.

Just finished Superbia 3 by Bernard Schaeffer. A cop trilogy. Schaeffer was an american cop and he was demotted for writing these books. He has since left the police and is a full time writer. I think the books may only be in kindle version. The writing style is OK and the plots are good. I hope he writes some more. I got the first 2 when they were free and was happy to pay for the third one.

I`m not a fan of novels so at the moment I`m reading Helena Rubenstein The Woman who invented beauty by Michele Fitoussi and have just bought Sisters, Secrets and Sacrifice by Susan Ottoway which is the true story of 2 sisters who were British spies during WW2.

I just loaded Dan Brown's "Inferno" onto my Kindle Paperwhite. Not started reading it yet but will be starting it soon. Anyone else got it?

currently I'm into Scandi thrillers. Much as I love my Kindle the one drawback is that I never know the title of the book.

When I first got it a couple of years ago I decided to go for unknown authors (mostly free or cheapies) and I've got to say I have had very few duds and some great reads.

I will read nearly anything but love something with a bit of a twist. I will battle on to the bitter end but rarely read anything twice as once I know the outcome I cant muster the same interest.

As a child I loved the Anne of Green Gables series and have reread those many times.

In the last few years my favourites have been The time traveller's wife and The girl with the dragon tattoo trilogy.

Instead of a sticky bun I download Kindle daily deal (most days) during my tea break at work.

would give up TV long before reading. A good book and some music, a glass of something - perfect!

I've read a couple of Jo Nesbo Scandi thrillers, highly recommended. I'm reading The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo at present. Next on my list is The Great Gatsby. I saw the new movie last week and rather enjoyed it, but time for the real thing now! I loved The Time Traveler's Wife, but thought the film was rubbish!

Did anyone read Room and what did you think? I really liked it and thought about it for a long time afterwards, thought it came from an intetesting angle.

I (temporarily) gave up on Gatsby in favour of finishing the Millennium trilogy. The Girl Who Played with Fire is gripping and I can't wait to get stuck into part three. Next up, Hilary Mantel's Wolf Hall and Bring up the Bodies.

ive just finished reading a novel thats not too long ...picked off shelf in staffroom...its called The Gift by Ceceilia Ahern ...its a very nice moving story ...dont let the christmas theme put you off in the middle of summer lol x

Latest posts

Back