What are you sending back

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I've bought a few perfumes blind in the past and not one have I particularly liked and have all ended up being chucked or used as room sprays. It's hard enough to find the right perfume anyway..you smell something in the shop, buy it and find it doesn't last on your skin. You smell something amazing on a friend, buy it for yourself and it smells like cat pee on you. So if that's what results from a more informed decision, it's crazy to act simply upon the words of a presenter who's paid to tell you it's nice.Yes you could end up with something you wouldn't even spray round the bathroom! Like I keep saying, it wouldn't hurt for them to send out some free samples!

When I buy perfume in a shop I walk away to let it develop, that way I don’t have to make a decision there and then.I have been caught out trying when we used to go through the duty free shops at an airport and been stuck with something I really disliked through a flight.

Buying perfume without having smelt it is a risk that I would never take. Buying perfume for other people is also very chancy. Giving soap to your boss (recommended by A Young) or someone else you don't know well is also a wrong decision, imo. It is too personal a gift and your innocent motive might be misinterpreted. (Do I need to shower more often? for example.)
I recently discovered Eden, a company in Brighton, that sells gorgeous perfumes including many copies. I spent an evening reading the descriptions & decided that parting with £36 for two perfumes was worth doing, it was a good decision.

I recently discovered Eden, a company in Brighton, that sells gorgeous perfumes including many copies. I spent an evening reading the descriptions & decided that parting with £36 for two perfumes was worth doing, it was a good decision.
The Eden shop is almost opposite my work..and I've never been in there..perhaps I should!

The Eden shop is almost opposite my work..and I've never been in there..perhaps I should!
Defo. I'm wearing their copy of Dolce Vita today; my Mr T recognised it as one I'd worn before which is pretty good going considering it must be over 20 years ago since I last bought a bottle of the original.

Latest posts

Back