Wet and Forget, worth the money?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

DunmowDizzy

Registered Shopper
Really need to clean up my garden for summer and could do with this type of product. What are your opinions is this worth getting or have you any recommendations for just as good but cheaper products.

Thanks in advance.

I was thinking of using it on my conservatory roof as there are places difficult to get to that need cleaning. A bit apprehensive, but would welcome any thoughts if anyone on here has used it?
Thanks!

It's a thumbs up from me - one of my best purchases ever from QVC, but don't expect instant results. Initially I gave it a 1 star rating on the feedback as it seemed to do nothing at all for my really dirty and black block paving. Then after about 4 months it seemed that all of a sudden the black had all gone. Unfortunately as I had already given feedback I couldn't to back and change it. I've just repurchased and am going to go over it again to keep it looking good. :up

It's a thumbs up from me - one of my best purchases ever from QVC, but don't expect instant results. Initially I gave it a 1 star rating on the feedback as it seemed to do nothing at all for my really dirty and black block paving. Then after about 4 months it seemed that all of a sudden the black had all gone. Unfortunately as I had
just repurchased and amUuoing to go over it again to keep it looking good. :up

That's another drawback of Q's unrealistic review system, you can't amend it.

It's a thumbs up from me - one of my best purchases ever from QVC, but don't expect instant results. Initially I gave it a 1 star rating on the feedback as it seemed to do nothing at all for my really dirty and black block paving. Then after about 4 months it seemed that all of a sudden the black had all gone. Unfortunately as I had already given feedback I couldn't to back and change it. I've just repurchased and am going to go over it again to keep it looking good. :up

This might be so but 4 months is a really long time to wait for your patio/decking to become clean. If you did it now, it'll just be about right for winter!

unrealistic review system as well as outdated and overpriced in general. I should have said I repurchased it but not from qvc. I got my 2nd one Direct from wet and forget through Amazon and I paid £25 with free delivery (although it's gone up to £35 with free delivery now)

I saw patio magic 2.5l on Amazon for £6.80 so thought that would be a good price to give it a try. It's mentioned on the previous thread so hopefully will be a good result. Hope I get a result in days rather than months though.

This might be so but 4 months is a really long time to wait for your patio/decking to become clean. If you did it now, it'll just be about right for winter!
Lol you have a point Martin, although I don't have to wait again for it to work as its now just a case of maintenance :mysmilie_14:

i have used patio magic. gets excellent reviews on amazon. i used it on my garden fences and the patios. its very good. you notice the difference a over a short time. my garden looked as if i scrubbed it with a scrubbing brush it was that clean. a downcast dry day is best as if its in the sun it will evaporate it rather than stay in the patio slabs. still works a treat. you do need a sprayer your wasting product if you use a watering can. i paid £10 inc post for a small bottle and it did the back and front paved areas

Bought the Wet & Forget last year, and to be fair it's been one of the few cleaning products that has lived up to expectations. This year I've bought the cheaper Spear and Jackson version over at IW.

Mr L bought similar stuff from Dobbies - waste of time

He then bought some stuff from Amazon - waste of time, but will give it another go (must look up the name but it got fantastic reviews)

Both were expensive so not pleased.

Pressure washer is too severe on many surfaces.

Mr L bought similar stuff from Dobbies - waste of time

He then bought some stuff from Amazon - waste of time, but will give it another go (must look up the name but it got fantastic reviews)

Both were expensive so not pleased.

Pressure washer is too severe on many surfaces.

And the muddy mess it makes. Rather use buckets of water and stiff yard brush.

Please don't waste your money on W&F, it's rubbish. :mysmilie_51:

I used to use Patio Magic, but bought Wet and Forget last year when it was first aired with the 2L bottle included. I have a large amount of bloc paving which had got algae all over it after the winter. I sprayed W&F and two days later the entire area was back to being pristine. I've just used it again on some really green paving slabs surrounding my oak tree. I did it on Saturday afternoon and today it's clear. I've also used Spray and Leave and it's good, but Wet and Forget seems quicker and the last application lasted me a year. They do state that black mould takes longer to clear (up to 4 -6 months) but once it's gone then re-spraying it a few months later will ensure it doesn't return (allegedly.)

Having tried out all three kinds, Wet and forget is the best of the batch in my opinion.

Been using this for 2 seasons now gets rid of moss on slabs and fencing very quick a few days in fact but like anything in this country weather wise moss does come back can be sooner than 6months so has to be a regular cleaning job which is quite expensive so have used my pressure washer last week and as usual does a great job its a karcher by the way old D Belcher would be proud of me,would like to hear if any one has found a cheaper product though.

I bought Spear & Jacksons Spray and Leave from IW which does the same thing and I think I paid £15 for it (was on special though). Highly recommend it. Does a great job. Amazon have it for £29.67 for 5l with free delivery. I think wet and forget is about £45!!!

CC

Latest posts

Back