Website

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Moth

Registered Shopper
QVC, if you're reading, your website is broken yet again! All links lead to a 404 Not Found/Error page. Given what you keep telling us about the greatness of the tech you sell, surely you can do better! Get some professionals in!

It's worse than ever today. You can't do anything on it at all, not even link to the TSV.

Victims of their own success.... more like victims of their own incompetence :mysmilie_17:

Not being in the least techy i thought that was my fault and I`d done something to cause it. I was googling trying to find a solution !! So they are to blame!!

My devices are all set to clear the cache, browsing history and cookies every time I log off, and I never have any problems with Q's site - or any other come to that. With a site that's changed and updated daily like that one if the cache, particularly, isn't cleared it's bound to cause problems. Every time you log on it'll be trying to build each page with out of date files and won't be able to do it.

Every time people complain on the FB page, nine times out of ten they're fine when they clear their device down. I was in and out of Q's site all day yesterday and it was fine for me.

Maybe you have just been lucky Scout, or should I say 'prepared' as your name suggests, but many of us do the same as you, perhaps not as efficiently, and still had the same accessing problems yesterday. That could explain why the Kipling tsv didn't sell out....but that equally could have been because of the high selling point.

It is by far the worst website I use.

I just don't have time to list all the faults with it, both from downright errors to extremely frustrating glitches that have to be worked around.

I haven't watched QVC on TV for months, and now I am looking on the website less and less too.

EDIT: BTW shoppingtelly.com is one of the best I use.

Today I'm trying to order something and it keeps reverting to "choose a size" or "choose a colour " even though im doing it. I've had this problem in the past.I usually give up and don't bother .Saves me money.Nothing I can't live without.

Today I'm trying to order something and it keeps reverting to "choose a size" or "choose a colour " even though im doing it. I've had this problem in the past.I usually give up and don't bother .Saves me money.Nothing I can't live without.

That happens to me a lot, especially on OTO items. Call me an old sceptic but I'm convinced the items are not there in the first place it's all a market stall selling tactic.

My devices are all set to clear the cache, browsing history and cookies every time I log off, and I never have any problems with Q's site - or any other come to that. With a site that's changed and updated daily like that one if the cache, particularly, isn't cleared it's bound to cause problems. Every time you log on it'll be trying to build each page with out of date files and won't be able to do it.

Every time people complain on the FB page, nine times out of ten they're fine when they clear their device down. I was in and out of Q's site all day yesterday and it was fine for me.

While I appreciate that clearing the cache and history is a good tip and is often the cure for problems on the QVC site, my feeling is why should we have to? Yes, it's a big website with a large amount of items and constant hits and changes, but so are Amazon, John Lewis, Boots, etc and I very, very rarely (if ever) have to clear anything in those cases. OK eBay does go down or stop functioning properly fairly regularly, and again the clearing of cache and history may help, but that must be many, many times bigger and more complex than QVC's "shop window" which you just want to browse, learn and maybe buy from. Speaking as someone who is on the internet a lot and buys from all of the above and more, I have more problems with qvcuk.com than any other.

I agree, it would have been fine as a temporary fix but they never say "it's a known problem and it'll be remedied in a week/month but in the meantime clear your cookies" but they've been saying this for years and no one seems to be looking at it.

I clear my cookies all the time but I still get the same problems with Q site. Clearing cookies helps get rid of the ads that follow me when i go on various sites.

Any way its worked in my favour because I no longer want to buy the item.Im quids in.....

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back