We criticise the presenters for using the same phrases but.....

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Almerinda

Registered Shopper
if you were a QVC presenter what would you have to stop yourself from saying time and time again??

For example "that bliddy Almerinda, she drives me mad when she constantly says "mind you" and "having said that". She's almost as bad as Jill Franks!!"

Mind you, that is not possible. Having said that.........

"The minute I take my Centigrade/Basso/Indigo Moon/Quacker jacket out, my dog heads to the front door....."

"My dog knows she's not allowed on my NN bedlinen but it's so soft she keeps trying"

"I had to buy a second Slanket as my dog claimed my one!"

"This Diamonique charm would look wonderful on my dogs collar"

"NMSE hangs head in shame and leaves building.............................:yawn2:"

I'd try the A'Kin range....I'd try the A'Kin range...I'd try the A'Kin range (even if someone was ringing up to tell me about the nice pendant they'd had the other week...;) )

I'd try the A'Kin range....I'd try the A'Kin range...I'd try the A'Kin range (even if someone was ringing up to tell me about the nice pendant they'd had the other week...;) )

Yeah I'd be like that too! How does it compare with the A'kin version? Ooh it smells quite like A'kin... The texture is quite similar to A'kin Rosehip and Shea Antioxidant Complex if you're familiar with that - and if you aren't you should give it a a go!... I liked it almost as much as the A'kin one.... I'll bet A'kin Cleanser can remove it no problem.... You can layer it with your A'kin Rosehip Oil or Cellular Radiance... It will slot right into your usual routine - whether its A'kin or something else.....You may have overloaded your skin so scale things back to a simple routine like A'kin... This is more for the advanced beauty buyer, for a no nonsense routine try the A'kin range....Well this is aimed more at oily skins, for drier skins try the A'kin range...This is better for drier skins really - have you tried the Sandalwood and Neroli Facial was from A'kin?

One of the presenters needs to champion A'kin really - preferably one we like!

Otherwise I think I'd say "Oo Blimey" far too much.

Actually, knowing me. I'd say "I've got this at home.." and it would be true every time! :D :blush:

Actually I would have to stop myself saying "actually" - I looked at my post about Kipling and I had put "actually" twice in the space of a sentence.........oops.

"I'm loving" (that's one of mine!) the word "wee". In fact I say it so often i feel like one of the 3 little pigs - wee wee wee all the way home!

Since reading it on here, I have new favourite word -NUMPTY! Not sure who to attribute it to but it's now my favourite put down!!

I think I'd have to stop myself being honest, I guess that's why the presenters keep mentioning grandparents, school teachers ie, this is frumpy would be downright rude, but to say your nan would love it, says frumpy but without actually having to utter the words...bet a lot of them have to apologise to their elderly relatives quite a lot! As for the latter..."This is cheap and nasty"..we wanna shift the b*ggers, but we can't think of anyone who'd want to buy one, or receive one as a gift....yeah, give it to your son/daughter's teacher, she won't be expecting anything, you won't have to spend much, and you won't be dealing with them this time next year, so there won't be any tell tale looks of "I threw it in the bin" to contend with...and of course you can always blame the bad taste and cheapness of the present on the child! ...sweet!

I would have to stop using the word really far too much, always with the emphasis on it in the sentence :

i'm really tired
is it really ?
did you really

I would have to start talking in chav-speak:

gonna/gunna
wanna
twenny/fordy
dont'cha

and add a liberal sprinkling of "yeh know"'s to my sentences. (well actually I would have to stop speaking in sentences by dropping all verbs).

Linda :wave2:

My key annoying phrases would probably be

"At the end of the day"
"You can't say fairer than that"
"Awesome"
"Gnarly" as in that's a really gnarly ring - it rocks!"

In my defence I work with a lot of Americans so have picked up a fair amount of slanguage :cheeky:

"I'm loving" (that's one of mine!) the word "wee". In fact I say it so often i feel like one of the 3 little pigs - wee wee wee all the way home!

Since reading it on here, I have new favourite word -NUMPTY! Not sure who to attribute it to but it's now my favourite put down!!

Numpty is a great word. I heard it an episode of "The Bill" many years ago. Unfortunately I don't have much opportunity to use it in Italy. Shame really cos there are numpties everywhere!

I'd like to suggest the presenters talk about some of the real reasons we all enjoy shopping with QVC...

You can just window shop, no pressure to buy (well, almost no pressure).
No store detectives stalking you because you look suspicious.
The close up presentation of goods outside of their wrapping.
Plenty of time to browse....you don't have to buy this item but there are plenty more that might appeal.
Shopping opening times...can't be beaten.
Doesn't hurt your feet.
No rude check-out assistants who look like their doing you a favour by serving you.
No heavy bags to carry.

If the presenters tried these reasons to shop with QVC and give the bare facts about the products I'd be less critical about their presentation habits. It's almost like they go into a selling trance where they stop thinking about what they're doing and go into a verbal loop...'...here at QVC, here is your price, we're busy on the phones, this is selling really fast, jump to the phones...actually, literally, for you, here at QVC...the phones are really busy, jump to the phones...actually, literrally, amaaaaazing...great for a gift for teachers, aunties, uncles, brothers, sisters, neighbours, mothers, fathers, cousins..dress it up and dress it down..amaazing...here at QVC'

One of the presenters needs to champion A'kin really - preferably one we like!

I thought Sara G was at one point. She did a show earlier in the year and really seemed to know what she was talking about and said she'd taken it on her travels (far east / India maybe?) and how well she got on with it, but haven't seen her do any more shows since. I think she's an Elemis girl at heart though.

One of my most used words has to be 'whatever'. I can see it now - "look at this, a six pack of Yankee Candles, you could keep one and give the rest as gifts - yeah, whatever!":giggle:

Latest posts

Back