We are not worthy.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

As far as I'm concerned, the only celebrities in my book are either dead, or would be so high in the stratosphere that television doesn't even register on their radar.

Um, Ava Gardner, Ginger Rogers, Rita Hayworth, Richard Widmark, MR. ASTAIRE, MR KELLY - get my drift ? and yes, I would include Brad Pitt, Matt Damon and MR CLOONEY. Oh and a young man called John Wilson (& his Orchestra) - not seen him ? then you're missing a real treat.

So all these slebby reality shows, soap operas, unheard of models and transgender stars are just a waste of broadcasting air space.

It makes me laugh when they name drop in relation to choosing colours of things like foundation. "This would suit Nicole Kidman..." Great, good for her but I don't have a clue what her skin looks like, so how does that help me?

As far as I'm concerned, the only celebrities in my book are either dead, or would be so high in the stratosphere that television doesn't even register on their radar.

Um, Ava Gardner, Ginger Rogers, Rita Hayworth, Richard Widmark, MR. ASTAIRE, MR KELLY - get my drift ? and yes, I would include Brad Pitt, Matt Damon and MR CLOONEY. Oh and a young man called John Wilson (& his Orchestra) - not seen him ? then you're missing a real treat.

So all these slebby reality shows, soap operas, unheard of models and transgender stars are just a waste of broadcasting air space.

Too right, brissles. These people were/are famous for actually being good at what they do, and working hard at their craft to become that way. The Slobs - sorry, Slebs - mentioned on Q and other channels are usually minus talent and lacking in everything else, too. Just goes to show what a low opinion this channel has of its' viewers that they think even wasting breath on mentioning these Slebs' names will impress the viewer. We're not all shallow and pea-brained, like them..

The James Read TSV were the worst products I've ever bought from QVC!!

Perhaps it's all about the tanner lol!!!

Grace Kelly,Robert Taylor,Joan Crawford,must be showing my age.

I think in general there is a 'celebrity' obsession in this country.When I am standing waiting to pay for groceries in my local shop I look at the headlines on the mags. & have never even heard 99% of those featured.Most are a complete waste of time actors in soaps & 'TOWIE' say no more!

We Jimmy and Dale went up in my estimation on today's morning show; they were very funny (or very cringeworthy depending) with James offering to spray tan Dale for free "anything to see him naked". Credit to Dale for taking it in good part and the gallery didn't immediately tell him to apologise for the lowering of standards. Ofcourse I'm sure he was mainly attention-seeking but I'm all for pushing QVC beyond it's very safe boundaries.

We Jimmy and Dale went up in my estimation on today's morning show; they were very funny (or very cringeworthy depending) with James offering to spray tan Dale for free "anything to see him naked". Credit to Dale for taking it in good part and the gallery didn't immediately tell him to apologise for the lowering of standards. Ofcourse I'm sure he was mainly attention-seeking but I'm all for pushing QVC beyond it's very safe boundaries.
Love a bit of bawdiness that made me laugh!

Plus he offered to send the Morning Competition winner a bundle of his products which was a nice thing to do. I wonder whether other vendors will start to do the same?...Nah! QVC will stamp it out, the old miseries!

I think in general there is a 'celebrity' obsession in this country.When I am standing waiting to pay for groceries in my local shop I look at the headlines on the mags. & have never even heard 99% of those featured.Most are a complete waste of time actors in soaps & 'TOWIE' say no more!

Glad its not just me then.

When my Mum took Womans Own and Woman, etc, there was rarely a hint of a showbiz article; nowadays all the mags are exactly the same (unless its Yours or those with short stories), and its always the same format - reality chat, diets, articles about those who have lost weight, make up, a cheap fashion page, what the same unrecognisable slebs have worn on the red carpet, always an article on the drinking habits of Richard & Judy or yet another selfie of their daughter, and finally the horoscopes. A 12 year old could put together these weekly magazines !

When my Mum took Womans Own and Woman, etc, there was rarely a hint of a showbiz article; nowadays all the mags are exactly the same (unless its Yours or those with short stories), and its always the same format - reality chat, diets, articles about those who have lost weight, make up, a cheap fashion page, what the same unrecognisable slebs have worn on the red carpet, always an article on the drinking habits of Richard & Judy or yet another selfie of their daughter, and finally the horoscopes. A 12 year old could put together these weekly magazines !

And Readers Tips: How to keep your wellies in pairs, use a peg. Mindblowing.

I used to love reading those old style Woman magazines, my nan got them every week. They seemed quite glamorous to me growing up. The make up pages in particular, and sneakily reading the problem pages at the back

I used to love reading the magazines - my gran was the subscriber in our family though. Great short stories, recipes, knitting patterns, articles about ordinary people who had interesting experiences, home crafts and decorating tips, tried and tested products, puzzles. Far more interesting content than nowadays. If the magazines are a reflection of us and our society - it's in a disgraceful and depressing state... I've rather got my grump on today, I'm afraid!

I repeat what I said before..... its not just me then ! its a shame that all these similar views we have about tele progs and weekly mags, that nobody takes any notice ! A bit like a DJ at a wedding, - never plays the music everyone wants to hear, just plays what he wants to hear !

I agree about the magazines. I can't stand the celeb stuff. I like Essentials magazine though and my mum likes Prima.

Ah but the validity of reviews is questionable these days. Q appears to be removing many of the low star reviews on items and replacing them with only 4 or 5 star ones. Someone on Q`s facebook page has commented how she looked at the reviews on something and then looked at them again a few days later and all the poor reviews had magically disappeared.

I've written to Q about this and they replied saying that they are looking into it. I'm not holding my breath!

brissles, once again I've learnt the hard way not to read posts on here - including shopperholic's and yours - while sipping a cuppa.... I laugh out loud, which is not a good idea with tea in your mouth and a computer keyboard nearby!

Oooooh yes, sorry - that VOICE ! mmmmmmmmmmmm...... he could say "put the bins out dear" in Swahili and make it sound sexy !

Latest posts

Back