was has happened to qvc

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

fast gran

Registered Shopper
Has anybody else been dissapointed in the choice for christmas gifts this year?. apart from the elemis bathrobe they seem to be using the same old thing from last year and some of the new items are frankly ghastly

I agree-the same key rings,compact mirrors,jewellary holders,'magic wallets' ad infinitum! I have in previous years found some great gifts on QVC,but the year before last they blocked my account over a dissagreement over a useless PC so I spent nothing with them for a round a 4 month period. Last year I bought just a habdful of items but this year-nothing at all for Christmas apart from a couple of reduced toys I bought in JUly with free p&p. Where I would normally buy my daughter some sort of OPI,at least 1 piece of jewellary and skin care I have seen nothing this year to persuade me to part with my cash. I have also been dissapointed with the choice of Christmas decorations as I was hoping to buy some new stuff this year. Pretty depressing really,and very dissapointing for me as I am pretty much housebound at the moment following surgery and was hoping to break the back of my shopping on QVC.

I don't have many people to buy for for Christmas but for me QVC wouldn't barely come into the equation (the cats bought the Dawn Bibby TSV for my sister but that's it). I have bought some Akin products from my pure (great value, free p & p and arrived the next day), some Thorntons from their own website (free box of choccies over a certain spend, 3 for 2 offers and Quidco) and books from Amazon (free p & p). There are so many great offers elsewhere I just haven't bothered with QVC

It's the P&P charges that put me off on individual items. I only tend to buy beauty products in the big, fantastic value kits - L'Occitane or Philosophy mainly. I buy the odd handbag (Kiplings and only really good deals) but I haven't bought anything else. The jewellery hasn't been very inspiring lately either.

i was disapointed that the tsv was not sold as a complete set as you would save nearly a tenner in postage costs.

I have managed to buy a few things mainly off the clearance section, I had hoped the Christmas decoration would have been better as I think it may have been last year they had robin tree baubles and I missed out on them and had hoped they would have come back this year but no. To be honest I have seen better decorations in our local Poundstretchers and at better prices.

Whoever the buyer is for Christmas items certainly has no imagination!

piper

Last edited:
I get really cheesed off with qvc when say theres 6 earings in a set and they break the cost down for you and announce thats only £X per pair and I shout at the TV

BUT ITS NOT BECAUSE THEY NEVER ADD THE P&P INTO THAT COST!!!!

But hey I agree same old tat for xmas.I have bought lots of my female family members large yankee candle jars this year - but from yankeedooodle - qvc were such poor value

I have managed to buy a few things mainly off the clearance section, I had hoped the Christmas decoration would have been better as I think it may have been last year they had robin tree baubles and I missed out on them and had hoped they would have come back this year but no. To be honest I have seen better decorations in our local Poundstretchers and at better prices.

Whoever the buyer is for Christmas items certainly has no imagination!

piper

Piper, I noticed on qvc that they had a set of 6 hand blown glass robin baubles.. Item no: 757701..
If these were not what you meant, do a search on eb*y, using 'robin baubles' & you should see a few that look very sweet :hi:

The other day, they had a 'gifts under £30' show, and they were trying to flog a can opener as a present...imagine unwrapping that on xmas morning...

Latest posts

Back