waitlist v advanced order

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

janie

Registered Shopper
i wondered if anyone here could explain this to me as customer services cannot.

because i like the judith williams tinted moisturiser, i decided to try the diamond magic make up. i only order from qvc once in a blue moon these days but just my luck, it was on waitlist by the time i got round to it this morning.

i then decided to watch the show, thinking it wouldn't be featured if it's sold out but try as i might after 2-3 minutes, i had to mute because claire is presenting. giving AY a run for her money too - judith wasn't getting a word in. i happened to notice the make up duo on screen with a date for advanced orders in march but of course missed what was said because of having to mute CS.

i rang customer services and asked them whether i should change my order to advanced order, albeit a month away or would waitlist orders be filled first? ie would i get it sooner if i stayed on waitlist. she was unable to answer but did confirm that waitlist is a possible and advanced order a definite even though the waitlist order is offered before advanced orders! she thought waitlist orders would only be filled if there were any left after all the advanced orders were filled.

she suggested i could keep checking to see if it becomes available because if i had stayed on waitlist, it would be sent if it does but as i have switched to advance order it won't until the new stock comes in. how totally ridiculous.

that seems back to front to me and i think qvc should sort this out and make it crystal clear. surely orders should be filled in the order that they arrive, not by some name that qvc wish to call the order.

Advanced orders are batch of new stock, waitlist are customer returns.

Advanced orders are batch of new stock, waitlist are customer returns.

Beauty items are rarely resold, though I'm sure there have been instances. Certainly waitlist orders are filled from returns - easy to spot the clothing returns have a double barcoded label (and teabag in the pocket).

Jude xx

thanks everyone :)

SCW - in that case it should go sold out ------> advanced orders ------> waitlist NOT the other way round. i personally think it's disgraceful that you can go on waitlist and hope not knowing that at a later date they decided to do advanced orders.

apple - i know it often seems that way and believe me, i've had my share but is that always the case? i thought some might turn up later because of people cancelling cheque orders and also because the website is so poor, it may not be able to count!

thanks everyone :)

SCW - in that case it should go sold out ------> advanced orders ------> waitlist NOT the other way round. i personally think it's disgraceful that you can go on waitlist and hope not knowing that at a later date they decided to do advanced orders.

apple - i know it often seems that way and believe me, i've had my share but is that always the case? i thought some might turn up later because of people cancelling cheque orders and also because the website is so poor, it may not be able to count!

Sorry I was just being a little bit facetious, I agree with you. i don't actually mind getting a customer return anyway if it's still in as new condition.

I've only ordered two items in the past that have been on advanced orders and both have arrived during the week that they said that they would.

The only item I ordered on the waitlist didn't arrive, but I received a letter telling me that the 90 days of 'waiting' had expired and that they apologised for any inconvenience.

About half way down my long list of improvements they need to make to the Q website is my wish we could search through our order history to find all the easypay, auto-delivery, advanced and waitlist orders.

I spoke to someone in CS who said they only look to fulfil waitlist orders when the new delivery arrives but sometimes a couple of the item reappear instock in which case you have to ring CS and nudge them to allocate one to your waitlist order. As has been said people don't send their cheque. I doubt they'd do this for advanced orders though.

Jude xx

About half way down my long list of improvements they need to make to the Q website is my wish we could search through our order history to find all the easypay, auto-delivery, advanced and waitlist orders.

I spoke to someone in CS who said they only look to fulfil waitlist orders when the new delivery arrives but sometimes a couple of the item reappear instock in which case you have to ring CS and nudge them to allocate one to your waitlist order. As has been said people don't send their cheque. I doubt they'd do this for advanced orders though.

Jude xx

what the cs lady said to me was to keep checking, if it appears order it and cancel the advanced order. i do understand the difference between waitlist and advanced order. my gripe is the order is the wrong way round. whoever orders first should get it first - i can't imagine it would be any other way anywhere else.

Latest posts

Back